Discovery
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

DSC - 2x02 - New Eden

Post by bladela »

seen recently ... already things are definitely improved for me

the spirit of the episode seems to me much more ... trek

Ok, there is still that damn spore drive ... I hope we'll get to see an episode that makes it disappear from existence ....
Almost astonished, however, when they calculated time to reach the planet at a warp speed ... basically right for the time.

if the first episode has disappointed me ... here we have a good episode for me ... the light at the end of the tunnel? (I do not believe)
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: DSC - 2x02 - New Even

Post by Nutso »

This was a good episode.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DSC - 2x02 - New Eden

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Edited the OP to fix a typo in the ep title.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: DSC - 2x02 - New Eden

Post by Monroe »

I enjoyed the episode, I just am a bit tired of the tired trope of a long-lost human colony. This isn't Stargate, in Star Trek humanity was one of many thousands of other worlds. When are we going to find a long-lost colony of Andorians or something? I was also a bit disappointed they didn't point out that Pike violating the Prime Directive has precedence with Archer's discovery of the western long-lost colony as the two were very similar (even if Archer was prior to the Federation). I've also liked ENT, and I think that has grown after my first attempt to watch DSC. Also, as explained later in the season, there's no violation of general order one if the locals know about other worlds. The humans in New Eden certainly knew about space travel and other worlds so it's not a violation of the Prime Directive anyway. But, I think that's a franchise issue and not so much a specific episode issue.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-