Marvel Studios' Avengers - Official Trailer

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Marvel Studios' Avengers - Official Trailer

Post by Nutso »

Marvel is actually unwilling to spoil the title of the movie. It's name is only in the trailer, not on the promo materials yet.

In theaters on April 26, 2019.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Marvel Studios' Avengers - Official Trailer

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I daresay I might see this one in theaters. :P :D
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Up until Infinity War, I hadn't been to a cinema in 5 years. I have only been once since, as the cost is prohibitive. But I will be going to see this. I will most likely have to go alone, but I am seeing it in the cinema. I may be able to get my friend in Exeter to see it with me. 180 miles to see a film? Yes sir!
“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.”
― Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

There will be no doubt about my seeing this one in the theater. Even if I wasn't inclined, my kids would drag me. :D
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:Up until Infinity War, I hadn't been to a cinema in 5 years. I have only been once since, as the cost is prohibitive. But I will be going to see this. I will most likely have to go alone, but I am seeing it in the cinema. I may be able to get my friend in Exeter to see it with me. 180 miles to see a film? Yes sir!
There is no theater for 180 miles? Damn. Then again, I sometimes forget your country isn't as tightly packed as I woukd have imagined.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Intense. Ah, man. April? Can't wait!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Oh, hell yeah. :D
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

8.9/10

So so good.

I’ll give it two weeks before doing spiller reviews. Only 1 and a half things that bugged me.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I see it Monday. But I've already read a ton of spoilers online. :D
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I saw it midnight Wednesday/Thursday as soon as it was released, for my friend's birthday. I absolutely loved it.
“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.”
― Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ay-1205348

In a surprise to no one, "'Avengers: Endgame' Opens to Record-Smashing $350M in U.S., $1.2B Globally."

Unlike "Infinity War," "Endgame" opened concurrently in China, which added $330million to the box office.

Concessions and Imax also smashed records, $28millions, and $91million, respectively.

Here's a list of the records: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ow-1205398

Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I saw it this morning. 10:30 AM showing, almost a full theater. And holy shit this was good.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Went on Saturday with Ian. I arrived 30 minutes before the screening and found for the first time ever that that the car park at the cinema we use was full. And I mean FULL. Every single space was taken. People were parked everywhere a car would fit. At the end of rows. On the grass edges. On the pedestrian area around the building. If it could have a car on it, it had a car on it. And twenty or thirty cars were driving around, waiting for people to leave like sharks waiting for a seal to jump off the ice floe.

Ian had gotten a place because he arrived almost an hour before the screening. I was still driving around when the screening started. In the end I left, drove down the road, and parked in a McDonalds. I had no idea if I'd come back to a ticket, a clamp on my wheel, or what. But sod it, I wanted in!

Got into the theatre towards the end of the ads, which worked out well. Place was pretty packed.

Spoilers follow...
I loved the film. Could have done with some more Captain Marvel action, would have liked to see her thrashing everyone. But hey, it's not really her story and I guess having heavy hitters around does tend to remove the threat, so I can see why that didn't happen.

Was a bit weird to see Bannerhulk after Hulk spent the last movie scared to come out at all. No resolution to that point, it just seems like they ditched it.

Loved Fat Thor.

Especially loved how they didn't "undo" the snap as such. I'd heard there was time travel, and I fully expected that they would do a Star Trek style reset where the snap never happened. As it worked out they've saved everyone, but the snap is still an extremely impactful event. Actually I have a theory that in the five years, the infrastructure to feed, clothe, house and generally keep everyone alive has wilted away by 50%. That stuff can't be rebuilt quickly, so it's entirely possible that most of the returned people will starve to death!
All in all, a great movie. I liked it as much as the first, maybe more.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...