Star Trek: Discovery - Season 2 Trailer

Discovery
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Re: Star Trek: Discovery - Season 2 Trailer

Post by bladela »

and think that, imho the DSC's 1701 was the only design that is not so far to be accepted by me.

About the continuity destroyed with the first season of DSC I can only agree, but this imho concerns in the first instance the Klingon designs (without any distinction).

In this case it would be enough not to use the klingons, invent any other enemy, throw at the end of the season some deus ex machina ... and they could use all the innovative fx they wanted (obviously then the question became where they ended up here but then we have dozens of cases like these in the history of Star Trek).

On those of the federation more than out of standard they wanted to forget about an evolutionary continuity (they look far too advanced, the discovery itself looks ugly), and I find it hard to forgive him and I admit that it will not be easy, if possible, to explain.

What makes me angry is how they could not, for example, take a cue from the work done with "Prelude to Axanar" (meanwhile, the two could make two notes: D), where the design seems to me all very beautiful.

In any case I throw a question to you: since now DSC is here, the first season is gone, and willy-nilly is canon ... what would you do to save the salvable? (no reset keys, B & B are gone)
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

bladela wrote:In any case I throw a question to you: since now DSC is here, the first season is gone, and willy-nilly is canon ... what would you do to save the salvable? (no reset keys, B & B are gone)
Announce that Discovery is set in an alternate universe. I still wouldn't like it much, but I wouldn't hate it any more.

Short of that?

Scene -

And exciting explosiony thing happens to the USS Discovery-

-Tilly jerks awake. She sits up and looks around groggily. She's in a replica of TOS-style quarters. On the bed opposite, another woman looks up sleepily. "Dreaming again?" She asks. The two get up and start to dress in TOS Uniforms. "Yeah," Tilly says. "I was on this weird ship that jumped around space, then we were at war with the Klingons, only they looked really strange, not like real Klingons at all. Then we wound up in some alternate universe where everyone was a jerk."

"Huh, you have the strangest dreams," the girl says. The two walk out. There's a large window, and they stop to look out. "You should write them down, they might make a good story," she says. The camera pans back through the window... keeps panning... we see that the two are on a TOS-style Constitution class starship.

...and the show goes on from there.

And yes, I know that never in a million years would they give us that.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Isn't the dream a reset button?
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

DarkMoineau wrote:Isn't the dream a reset button?
Little bit... :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

it would be the first time the fans have asked for a reset button in the Braga style :D
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

bladela wrote:it would be the first time the fans have asked for a reset button in the Braga style :D
Apart from Dallas, where they had demand for Bobby to come back.
email, ergo spam
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

I am not sure he considered other shows than Star Trek.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

there is no other show apart from star trek :P
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

bladela wrote:there is no other show apart from star trek :P

There is, we are just less passionate about :P
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

indeed (with teal'c 's voice)
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Bad mushroom trip.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Nutso wrote:Bad mushroom trip.
Sums up the entire series. Try not to be spore about it.
email, ergo spam
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

I want to keep a shred of (unjustified) optimism for the future.

Moreover I wonder how I would have evaluated, as a comparison, at the time the first season of tng (which I evaluate today very badly) if I had been able to see it "live".
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

bladela wrote:I want to keep a shred of (unjustified) optimism for the future.

Moreover I wonder how I would have evaluated, as a comparison, at the time the first season of tng (which I evaluate today very badly) if I had been able to see it "live".
This may be valid and may not, but I do find it interesting.

Oh, and you have to look past the rather... imaginative... persona of the guy.

For those who don't watch the video... rumours originating from a source in CBS who has provided accurate info before.

Discovery is in financial trouble. The real reason the show-runners left is that the first five episodes of S2 were filmed, and then tested very poorly. This led to extensive reshoots which blew the budget massively over. And remember, Netflix is NOT paying nearly as much as they did for Season 1 (in which Netflix covered the entire production cost of the show and were then very unhappy with what they got in return).

Hence the production of the four "shorts". CBS hoped to sell these for 35 million. After having no takers they lowered the price several times until they were told nobody wanted them at any price. Which is why they are "CBS All Access only" products now.

Interesting, if true.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Oh, and in other news the producers want to bring the Borg to Discovery.

“It’s got to look like a Borg, and that was established,” Page said. Where was THAT attitude when they were designing the Klingons? And, well, everything else in Discovery?