Starbolt's Pride Alpha topic

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Starbolt's Pride Alpha topic

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Blackstar shook hir head in disbelief. Shi never thought of hirself as a good leader, yet for the third time shi found hirself taking command of a ship. Hir first command was a fighter squadron when shi was a pre-teen. Then after an accident left hir in a new universe shi lead an anti-pirate group of pirates. Now shi was taking command of a new freighter. This time shi wouldn't be as hunted as shi was the last time shi was a leader.

Blackstar was far from normal. Shi was a duel-gendered Cat-taur known as a Chakat. Hir fur was compleatly white other then the black patch of fur on hir upper back in the shape of a star, and another patch under hir right eye in the shape of a crecent moon. Shi wore a vest with numerous pockets, a belt with more essential equipment, and an Akubra style hat.

The freighter, known by it's new name, Starbolt's Pride was as unique as her captian. It's massive cargo capacity was only matched by it's reletivley massive weapons and shuttle bays. Blackstar snorted as hir mind went to a much darker place as shi thought about what shi had almost said.

The Tholian, Thrall walked up beside hir as shi overlooked the ship. "I'm afraid with the speed that we had to finish the ship with, some things are a bit sub-standard. The Disrupter turrets for example had to be finished with some Mark 7 disrupters that we found at a salvage yard. Bought their whole stock of them, and a number of replacement parts. You'll want to replace those at some point. You tend to be ruff on the equipment and replacement parts are getting harder to find. Speaking of hard to find I was only able to get you two dozen torpedoes. That's 24 right?" asked Thrall

"Ya, two dozen is twenty-four. I'm hoping that I won't need to use them. I'm hoping to stay ligit this time around," said Blackstar. "I got a family now. I'm hoping I can make it as a tramp freighter captain."

"I got you registered as the Independant Star Vessel Starbolt's Pride NGL-25250. It's ligit so you can park in any Fedeation friendly port. So, since you don't want to fight I suppose you won't be interested in this then," Thrall said, waving a data PADD in front of hir.

Blackstar growled as shi succumbed to the old steriotype of cats and curiosity. "Fine. What is on that PADD?"

"Do you remember our old friend Kortaga?"

"I thought we agreed never to speak of that traitorus shisno again," hissed Blackstar.

"And normally I wouldn't, except that Kortaga was seen stealing a shipment of high-powered experimental Phasers. Starfleet R&D was shipping a new type 4 shoulder mounted phasers. Capable of destroying most small vehicles, taking out shuttlepods, wiping out entire security forces in a single shot. It was developed for the war, but only two prototypes were built. Kortaga has both of them. Starfleet is offering about 500 bars of latinum for the return of each prototype, and an additional 1000 for Kortaga. 2000 Bars, plus revenge. I'm temted to take a ship and hunt him myself."

"I'll have to talk it over with my mates. Even so I'm going to need more people, one way or another," said Blackstar. "Got any shipments going to the Carnas station?"

"A few packages, A carrier worth of self-sealing stem bolts, and two cases of Romulan ale," said Thrall. So when do I get to meet your new Denmate?"

"They're going to meet us on board, after parking their shuttle onboard. Along with this guy we picked up on the Daystrom. I think we can trust him. Come on, I want to see the insides of the ISV Starbolt's Pride, and make sure Sally's transfer went alright."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

"Oh, good. Another Federation-type with a knife," commented Karst sarcastically, as Sharkey entered the room. The stocky human was clad in black bull-hide boots, grey cargo pants stuffed with the various tools he had collected over his long career, and a stretch-weave, cropped-sleeve black shirt. Black-line tattoos, mementoes of previous wars, decorated his arms; a knapsack with his cobbled-together survival kit hung on his back, and his ka-bar was strapped to his right thigh. His tight-fitting shirt revealed not the rippled muscularity of an athlete, but the simple mass, solidity, and gravity of a professional soldier. That, combined with his severe haircut and iron-grey stubble contrasted sharply with the look of innocent confusion on his face.

"I'm sorry, I'm here to see Mr. Thrall?" said Sharkey.

"I'm sure you are," replied the Tholian.

"You don't understand. I'm new to the staff of the Chakat, Blackstar. He's holding a craft for us, and I'm sure he wants it off his hands."

Nodding with understanding, Karst opened a comm channel on the wall-mounted screen. Thrall's face came into view. "Mr., er... Sharkey, is it?"

"Call me Gunny."

"Very well. The Xindi craft is in the bay behind my landing field. You will find inside something one of the Starfleet crew dropped - something I don't want to have. The Assembly wouldn't be too happy to find me with Tholian mil-spec hardware, you know?"

The Xindi craft - the Myrmidon, as Sharkey had already christened it in his mind - was roughly cylindrical with three equidistant spikes arcing from the stern to slightly past the prow, housing the particle cannon, bussard collectors, and the warp coils. Inside was a cockpit, slightly separated from the cabin. Here Sharkey found a gun rack, still holding two Xindi-Insectoid particle rifles. Somewhat fragile, thought Sharkey, and the disruptive effect will be less than a true disruptor or phaser... but the kinetic and thermal effects should make up for that. On the floor, he found a large, evil-looking pistol that had to be what Thrall referred to. After a moment, Sharkey recognized it as Rochey's pulsegun. Examining it, he found it to work on a tractor-beam principle, although without the fine control and engineered to produce concussive pulses rather than a manipulative beam. Hmm. It can be powered down a bit like so... still dangerous to people, but safe to use aboard ship. Power it back up like this... very nice.

Stowing his pack, former CPO Kenneth Sharkey fired up the shuttle - pleased to see it had been tended to, and was regenerating its plasma - felt the bottle of Andorian ale which Cmdr. W'trisk had secretly stashed in his pack bang against his leg, and set out for the coordinates which Thrall had sent to rendezvous with the Pride. "Here goes nothin'," he said aloud.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

"Blackstar, where is your Denmate? And what of the 'Friend'? Are you sure that they are coming?" Thrall said. His voice became even higher at the end of his speech. Blackstar was loosing her patience.
"Their coming." The simple reply was. Truth is, she was beginning to doubt. 5 hours late, on both counts. Something was wrong.
A computer panel bleeped. Sensors. Something was giving off tachyons nearby. 150 metres!!!!
Shi darted to the computer panel. But there was no need. The viewscreen changed to an image of a familiar site.

"Tally, Where the hell have you been?" Blackstar said, Not noticing the highly obvious changed to Tally's appearance. She had long, flowing Black hair. The fringe fell straight over her left eye.
"Sorry. Something failed with a plasma conduit, i've been restricted to warp 4," She replied, Noticing the Tholian beside Blackstar. "And you must be Mr. Thrall?" She offered.
"At your service. Am I right in saying that you are the denmate of Blackstar?" He asked. Blackstar turned to stare at him.
"Yes." Silence followed. Blackstar eventually turned from hir glaring session.
"I'm opening a docking bay for you, Hun. Welcome aboard. I'll be down in a minute." Shi said, smiling slightly.
"Thank you. See you in a moment," Talora said. Before Blackstar cut the channel, shi had a question.
"Have you changed your hair?" Shi asked. Talora rolled her eyes dramatically
"No, i've got a Denobulan Seaweed stuck to my head. What do you think?" She said, struggling to contain a giggle. Blackstar smiled wryly and cut the channel.

Talora stepped down the gangway, Cradling Starbolt. Blackstar and Thrall entered the shuttlebay, just as Sharkey's shuttle decided to make its entrance. The Crab-like creation drifted into the hall.
Blackstar walked up and hugged Talora. Talora returned with peck on the cheek.
"So this is the Starbolt's pride" Talora said looking around the bay. It was a light beige colour with frosty blue power conduits dotted here and there.
"Not bad, I have to say."
"There's alot more to see yet," Blackstar said with a grin. The festivities begin Talora thought as she left the shuttlebay.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Blackstar took a seat in the taur-form captain's chair. The armrests ended in a panel on the left hand side, and a joystick on the right hand side. Shi touched the joystick, and hir chair rotated in the indicated direction. Shi smiled. "I've always wanted a rotating chair." Shi didn't mind the giggles that came from the rest of the small crew.

"Well, then. The cargo is on board and all the final checks are finshed. Good voyage then," said Thrall. "And if you go through with it then make sure to tell me."

As Thrall left Tallora asked, "what did that mean?"

Blackstar heisitated before answering, "a traiter from my old crew resurfaced stealing new, high powered phasers. I haven't decided on if I want to go after Kortaga, much less if I wanted to propose the idea. We'll have time to discuss it. We still have a crew to hire. Sally, have you finished your download?"

"Affermitive. Engines are online, deflector systems are online, enviromental systems operational, maps to Carnas have been uploaded. We can reach warp 9 and the ETA will be 6 hours" Sally, Blackstar's faithful AI, had downloaded herself into the Pride's computers which meant that there was no need for a full time pilot and navigator, and would be far more reliable about warning when a system was failing. A good thing when on board such a temperamentally designed ship.

"Good. That'll give us time to see what this ship can really do. Transmit an advertisement to the station. We'll be hiring crewman in the morning. Begin launch sequence," ordered Blackstar.

"Automatic morings have been retracted. Bow is pointed at the Carnas station. Warp 9 in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1." The view of normal space disappeared as the ship left forward through subspace
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

The recently renamed and reconfigured Botswana a Danube class starfleet runabout closed in on Carnas Station on autopilot. It's sensors and computer system scanning for ships present and sifting through hails and messages searching for indications adverts or other indications of a need for an engineering/science officer.

This hadn't been fruitful at the last station.

In the science laboratories Lieutenant Commander Cech continued his research.

He lay sprawled out on the research table, groaning in between puffs from his polymer cigarette. Off to the side of the table a plate lies with the replicated skeleton of a turkey along with the remnants of mashed potatoes, gravy, and pie crust.

*Groan* Cech puts a small transporter tag in his mouth and downs it with a glass of wine.

*groan*

"Computer. Lock on to tag 524, initiate research procedure alpha three."

<Transporter locked

"Energize"

<Transport complete

"Ahhhhh. Much better. Still a genius. Not a loser. Genius."

A sudden beep from the computer nearly sends Cech tumbling off the table.

"Computer. Report" Cech says as he retrieves his cigarette from the floor.

<Query has returned a result with over 90% relevance

Cech hustles over to a console taps it a few times his eyes scanning the screen.

"Excellent"

He rubs the three weeks of hair on his face. "Time to clean up."

"Computer increase speed to warp to" *taps console* "4.6 I don't want to be late"

"Engage"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

At the nearest spaceport Bossk walked down the street listening to a music group from Earth's 20th century called Kansas through a pair of headphones. He tried singing the words but instead he was just kicked out of the bar he was at just as he had gotten to his solo of "Carry On my Wayward Son."

Bossk like many in the 24th century around the quadrant enjoyed the culture of Earth in the late independent state period of the humans. Like all Gorn he was massive with bulging green muscles and yellowish eyes.

"Hey Bossk!" His friend a biped alien yelled out. "You like Earth right?"

Bossk nodded feriously, "Earth much better than Gorn. 1983 Earth time had best styles." Bossk frowned inwardly wishing he could grow a mullet.

"Right... well a few of us wanted to try a game called basket ball, you in?" His friend asked holding up an orange ball that looked similiar to a fruit on Gorn.

"Sure! I be like Michael Gorndon." The green lizard flexed his muscles and followed his friend towards the match.

Two poles with baskets before a small wall were setup on either side of the court. The teams were five on five. "Everyone know the rules?" Bossk asked looking at the collection of bipedal creatures.

"Course we do!" A Ferengi replied putting on an padded set of ear muffs. "You yell hike, we tackle for the ball and first one to kick it into the goal gets a strike."

"Don't you need a stick for this?" A Romulan asked holding up a stick used in an Andorian sport.

"No no no. Just go!" Bossk yelled shoving forward knocking his opponent on the ground. The ball fell off to the side forgotten as the rest of the team jumped on the Gorn. "This is wrong!" Bossk yelled again standing up taking all the other players with him as he walked slowly towards the ball, picking it up then walking slowly, still carrying everyone to his own goal where he easily dropped it into the basket set at a little under one meter. "We get a point!" He yelled to everyone's groaning.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Esthú Sekhot jerked awake as an annoyingly high-pitched alarm began to thrill throughout the small gunship. He paused for a moment, and then recognised the alarm (just one of a ridiculous number the designers had built into the ship) as the one which informed the crew of an incomming transmission. Sighing, the insectoid Laithan put his book down on one of the small bunks in the cramped crew-quarters and headed for the cockpit, squezing through the small hatches and the narrow maintanence area that led to the cockpit of the gunship.
Entering the cockpit he paused only to check a sensor display to confirm that the ship's limited AI had kept the ship in a holding pattern around Carnas before dropping into one of the four chairs and flicking a switch to recieve the communication.

"Esthú! How are you? It's been too long!"

"It's been two days, Diego." Sekhot replied to the furred alien. Diego Tispara had known Sekhot since the Laithan had started his mercenary career. They had been partners for more than three months, before Diego 'acquired' his own ship and struck off on his own. The two still kept in contact with each other every now and again, usualy to let each other know about any lucrative contracts.

"Yeah, yeah." Diego brushed off the details. "Still flying that old junk heap?" He asked with a grin.

"Obviously. And, if I remember correctly, my junk heap has managed to trounce your junk heap every time we've run up against each other. Says a lot about that piece of crap you call a ship, don't you think?" Sekhot retorted. Diego just laughed. The two had made quite a tradition of insulting each other's ships over the time they knew each other. Both of them knew that each ship was quite formidable in combat, despite appearances, and just continued their traditional jabs for old time's sake.

"Yeah, well, you win some and you lose some."

"Quite right." Sekhot agreed, nodding. "Anyway, I doubt you woke me up just to insult my ship again. What is it you wanted?"

"You said you were looking for some work, right?"

"Yeah. Things have been a bit slow lately, since that incident on Tumlass 3."

"I heard about that." Diego replied. "Aparantly you made a bit of a mess there."

"Not me. It ain't my fault if some starship captain decided the best way to stop an over-sized bar fight was to bomb the crap out of the area."

"True. But from what I head it was you who started that little scuffle. And blowing your employer's head off probably didn't help, either."

"Hey, he wanted to keep his head, then he should have paid me the money we agreed on at the start." Sekhot sighed. "Is it just me, or is the amount of over-confident hot shots in the trade rising by a good amount?"

"Tell me about it, Esthú. You wouldn't believe some of the guys I've run in to out here. Anyway, shall we get back to business?"

"By all means." Sekhot nodded at the small display screen.

"Well, I got word of a new captain in the area. Got a nice shiny new ship and everything. Seeing as how work is slow for you, I thought you might want to take a look. He's hiring a crew, from what I've heard."

"Okay. What's the pay like?"

"Dunno. The message just specified 'good pay'. What that is, I haven't a clue. You'll need to work that out between yourselves."

"His ship have a hanger bay?"

"Yup. Of couse. I wouldn't have bothered calling you if it didn't. I know you wouldn't part from that flying piece of scrap." Diego grinned.
Sekhot leaned back in his chair and sighed, watching various monitors and display screens through his compund eyes.

"Alright. Might be worth checking out. Where do I sign up?"

"The ship's going to arrive at Carnas anytime now. I suppose the captain will just set up a little recruitment desk somewhere. You know, the usual deal for that place."

"That's handy. I'm at Carnas now. Floating around it, to be precise. This captain got a name?"

"Uh, yeah.....hang on a moment." Diego wandered off screen for a moment, and Sekhot could hear him rooting around his ship for something. Sekhot could think of a dozen words to describe his old friend, but 'organised' sure as hell wasn't one.

While he was waiting for Diego to get things together, he turned and focused his main eyes on a sensor screen showing various ships in the area. He could see things through his two compund eyes fairly good, but the image from them was vague and he couldn't catch any real detail with them. They were good for keeping a general eye on the displays, but if he wanted to read anything in detail he had to use his two main eyes at the front of his head. A third eye, just between the two main eyes, was simply heat sensitive and virtualy useless in a starship. All around him he could only see various warm shades of yellow and red, while outside the ship was the frozen blue/black of the void.

There were various ships of shapes and sizes scattered out along the system, coming to and from Carnas. Mostly Federation designed ships, though there were a few alien ships, too. One in particular caught his eye; the gunship's AI simply listed the deisgn as 'UNKNOWN. PROBABLY ALIEN.' and the ship was aparantly named 'Starbolt's Pride' according to the sensors. Curious as to this new ship, he tapped at a control panel with one of his four claws, scanning the vessel. He waited a few moment for the scan to finish, then tapped a query into the AI interface;

'display scan results' The AI replied almost instantly.
'INCONCLUSIVE' Sekhot sighed, then tried something easier.

'show ship armament'
'INCONCLUSIVE'

'show ship size'
'INCONCLUSIVE'

'run diagnostic on sensors'
'INCONCLUSIVE'

'run diagnostic on ai system'
'INCONCLUSIVE'

'are we near carnas'
'INCONCLUSIVE'

'what time is it'
'INCONCLUSIVE'

'hello'
'INCONCLUSIVE'

Sekhot sighed, the damn AI had broken. Again.

"Geez. You have a really short attention span, Esthú." Diego had aparently found what he was looking for, and had appeared back on screen.

"Find it? So, what's the captain's name?"

"Some odd race. Calls itself a Chakat. The name's Blackstar."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Jabbers would be lurking in the Akuda bar on Carnas, smiling to himself as he just enjoyed the music, sipping at his drink. His contact had just slipped off for the night, and so he was just enjoying the atmosphere while he could, reclining in his booth as he surfed the exonet with one paw, keeping an eye out for anything of use while his newsbots scanned the frequencies.. the other tapping out the beat on the tabletop as he watched the rest of the bar with one eye, particularly the dancers by the stage. Heh.

Something flashed up on his screen, Jabbers turning to it and raising an eyebrow. He hit the button to decrypt the transmission... getting a biiiig grin as soon as he saw what it was. Ohhhhh... now THIS could be useful... after all, the... *ahem* Guild were allways saying he still had to go freelance and prove himself. He turned his attention to the screen, beggining to key a few things in, doing a Spoogle search on the captain. She... hrmm.. Shi had peaked his spacer interest =P
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

"Docking compleated," said Sally. "I've contacted the Akuda Bar. They have a spot set up for your interviews. For a small price, but I've already paid it.

"Good. The cargo's going to be picked up in an hour or so," said Blackstar. "Keep the engines hot."

"Expecting trouble?" asked Talora.

"No, but better safe then sorry," said Blackstar. "I want you and Silvertail to stay on board with Starbolt."

"What? Just because I'm your denmate doesn't mean you get to boss me around," Talora said.

Blackstar frowned, "I don't mean to boss you around. I just don't want you to get hurt. I know you're tough, but I don't want you putting yourself at risk." Shi hugged Talora and gave her a lick-kiss. "Please stay on board."

Blackstar left with Gunny at hir side. "How long do you think it'll be until she leaves the ship and explores the station?" asked Blackstar.

Gunny said, "my money says an hour tops."

Blackstar smiled at his opinion. Shi spotted the odd evil-looking gun on his belt. "Isn't that Rochey's pulse gun?"

Gunny shrugged, "possibly. I was under the impression that it was common Tholian hardware, or at least in there military."

Blackstar shuddered as the memories of that backstabbing tholian resurfaced. "Well, you might want to leave it on the Pride. Ranged weapons like phasers and disrupters are frowned on here. Although a Tholian weapon would suggest you defeated one and took it as a prize. That should prevent smarter people from picking a fight with you."

Blackstar led the way to the Akuda bar, where shi set up shop. After a few interviews shi was begining to think there was no good crewman on board. Shi was wishing that shi was a bodyguard playing pool, while hir captain did the interviews. Shi wondered how shi kept ending up in command doing interviews rather then being allowed to relax a bit. Blackstar was so bored that shi was actually temted to start a bar fight just to get out of these interviews.

"Name?"
"Kluck, son of Margot, house of Dallan"
"expertise?"
"Hand to hand combat"
"experiance?"
"fighting along the Romulan border."
"That's it?"
"Yes"
"Anything else?"
"I'll do just about anything, and I'm very cheap."
"So is Gunny's mom, but I'm not hiring her either. Next!"

Gunny glared at Blackstar until shi said, "I'm sorry. I promise I won't insult your mother again. I'm just frustrated. A Klingon who thinks he's tough just because he used to fight Romulans."

"Don't let Talora hear you say that." warned Gunny.

Blackstar shrugged. "She's not that attached to her heratige. She kind of hates it actually. But better safe then sleeping on the couch," Blackstar said, altering a common phrase.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Cech looked over from the bar once again at the recruitment table.

He didn't want to wait too long to introduce himself. But he wanted to get a feeling for the "captain" before showing up.

He had been pouring over passive scans of his possible new ship since it started pulling in. A hodgepodge that just screamed for a competent engineer. He felt fairly confident in the regard.... however.....

Cech looked down once again at his PADD. This infernal "money" business. It seems so simple but he knows the others around here probably have a "feeling" for this stuff. How many bars should he ask for? What would he do with them once he had them? Shuffleboard? Well, I guess he'd be able to dock and buy drinks without having to barter with warp plasma and EPS taps. That would be nice.

Still, deep down he knows the job itself is the pay. Time to do this. He moves to crush out his cigarette. But then decides, with this crowd, looking a bit odd might be better than looking too federation.

Seeing an opening after a Klingon is sent away Cech moves over to the table.

"Hello. I'm Jackson Cech. Ex Cheif Engineer of a Steamrunner class ship. I assure you that my leaving was for personal reasons not professional.

Now lets get down to it.

Your ship has a beauty all it's own. But it's parts are composed of at least three distinct types of systems. I'm most familiar with federation systems I've had to mess with Cardassian and Klingon tech when helping with repairs after the war. And I know enough theory to pick other stuff up fast.

From this crowd you're going to need all the engineers you can lay hands on and you're going to need a competent lead engineer to help all the people who "know how to fix a thing or two" or you're going to have the crew making betting pools on when the next conduit blows because someone didn't get the polarities right.

I can do that for you. And even if you could do it yourself you've got other stuff to do right?

Fact I bet you've got a thing or two that could use looking over right now either that needs maintenece or that needs testing. "

Cech takes the polymer cigarette out of his mouth and leans forward.

"So how about hiring me on so I can get to what I'm good at. And I'll see about convincing you that you made the right choice before we leave."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Sensing that Blackstar didn't need much of a bodyguard after a series of unpromising interviews, Gunny quietly wandered off to sit at the bar. An ancient Rigellian finally trundled over and lisped, "Yesssss?"

"Earth beer... pilsner," ordered Gunny.

The Rigellian cocked a disapproving eye as he sidled off to fill the order. At the same time, a growl from Gunny's right said, "Nobody needs anything from Earth, pinkskin. You're a long way from the Federation here."

As the massive Chalnoth swaggered slowly closer, Gunny replied without looking up, "And I guess I've come all that way for nothing - I still keep running into screwheads like you." The Chalnoth roared and swung his fist in a backhand angle against the back of Gunny's shoulders. Gunny slumped forward a bit - obviously much less of a reaction than the Chalnoth was expecting. Gunny slid to his feet as he kicked the barstool out from under him and planted a left uppercut in the Chalnoth's stomach which doubled it slightly. His right hand came up with his ka-bar in it; quickly reversing the blade, Gunny planted the pommel of the knife in the Chalnoth's forehead, leaving a slight indentation. The beast dropped stiffly backwards.

As another massive Chalnoth and a Tellarite - probably their employer - began to advance towards Gunny, a huge, gravelly voice filled the room from the bar's entrance. "This man knows Earth drinks?" Suddenly, the Tellarite and Chalnoth were tossed aside by a pair of massive, green-scaled arms as if they were rag dolls. The Gorn perched comically on the stool next to Gunny, pointed to his beer, and asked, "Can you tell me of this? I like to hear of old Earth culture."

Gunny picked up his own stool, took a long pull of his beer, and shouted, "Skipper? I think we got one!"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Jabbers would have packed up most of his stuff by the time that Blackstar and hir "posse" arrive, having just watching them from across the bar as they sifted through the first dozen or so recruits... and sitting back and relaxing after the second dozen, glancing up and raising an eyebrow at the odd behaviour from the Gorn.. Taking the excuse to slip up and away and make his way towards the table, blending in with the crowd for now.

He'd give the captain time to talk - after all, these things always did go so much better when the other party wasnt distracted - before making his way over.. leaning on the table idly, purple cocktailey looking drink in one paw as he did so, grinning over to Blackstar.

"Mnrr... long time no see, hun. Last time i saw you was back on the Kozik ring... and your still as handsome as ever." He pulled up a chair, taking a seat uninvited and giving his charming smile over to hir, leaning back. "Mnrr.. what brings you here the, hun? Business?" His grinned widened a little, waggling his eyebrows. "Pleasure?" As if Jab's digital ears would miss something like that.
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Talora sat, bored, in the command chair. She had managed to bodge the cloaking device into the deflector array. It had been a challenge to say the least. And it hadn't even been tested yet.
57 minutes. 57 minutes since Blackstar and Gunny left. She had been left behind. Wouldn't stop her having a look around.
She got up.
"And where are you going?" Silvertail asked. She stood with her arms on her hips, tapping one foot.
"Where do you think?" Talora said, stretching out her arms holding Starbolt.
"Didn't Blackstar say what you should stay here?"
"And?"
Silvertail knew shi'd get nowhere. Shi accepted the baby, noticing the High energy Romulan disrupter rifle Talora had picked up.
"Shi's gonna be real mad when shi gets back," Silvertail said.
"She isn't my commander anymore," Talora replied, smiling ruefully as she left.

The station was old. Very old. The Structural integraty field was weak and barely capable of supporting the hull. Energy weapons were easily capable of overloading the emitters which wasn't exactly helpful.
Two thugs stepped out in front of Talora. Each wielding a melee weapon. One looked like a knife on a stick. The other, an old earth baton.
"Your money or your life," One, a Cardassian said.
"I beg your pardon? I believe that's a bit of a cliche, now."
"Your money or your life." The standoff was going nowhere. She wouldn't be able to swing her rifle around in time before they reach her. So she went to plan 2. She rolled up her left sleeve, pressed a button on her glove, and a long curved knife, like a minature scimitar, emerged. She swung the knife upwards across the other thug's, A human, neck. She severed the artery and blood spat out of the hole.
The Cardassian lunged forward, diving with the knife-stick. She dodged to the right and stabbed it into the abdomen of the Cardassian. She finished with a final deep thrust into his back. The Cardassian fell to the floor. She left quickly, ignoring the staring of bystanders...
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"Give us more Earth drinks!" The Gorn shouted at the bartender. "I be Bossk. Bossk the Mighty! Who be you, human?"

"Most call me Gunny. We're looking for mercenaries for a crew we're putting together."

"I like to crew mercenary guns!" The Gorn smiled a row of razor sharp teeth at the human. "Who I talk to for the job?"

"See that feline thing over there interviewing someone now? Talk to her. Shi'd set you up."Gunny said as he got his beer and ten more bottles were set by Bossk.

"Bossk will have to impress." The Gorn concluded with a thoughtful nod. Taking a bottle he bit off the top, his jaws breaking the glass he spit out onto the floor and emptied the bottle's contents into his gaping maw. "I know just the thing to impress. Gorn make excellent dancers."

Before Gunny could object Bossk lumbered over to where Blackstar was, shoving the person shi was interviewing out of the way sending them sprawling on the floor. "Me big Gorn named Bossk. I like to kill, talk about Earth, kill over Earth, talk about killing, and dancing. Oh oh, and eatting. Talk about eatting, eatting Earth food. Eatting things I killed and dancing while eatting things I killed. Sometimes I like to sing too. Singing about Earth, singing about killing, and since most Earth songs are about love I like to sing about love. But baby has lost that loving feeling."
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Blackstar's luck was beginning to change. Jackson Cech was a promising candidate. Shi was a little hesitatent about an ex-starfleet officer, because it would be a simple way for a Federation spy to join hir crew. But considering the fact that he came out and said he was ex-Starfleet and didn't give off any feelings of deception shi could sense shi'd hire him, for now.

Meeting up with Jabbers wasn't the easiest thing in the world, but he was pleasant to look at. "I know you know I'm here on business. Now what do you want?"

"I think I can be useful on your ship. I'd like to sign on. And then maybe you and I can sneak off to a private room," said Jabbers giving a wink.

"Yes to the first, but no to the second. Now...," Blackstar was interrupted by the Gorn.

Shi was less then impressed by the Gorn's broken english and attitude. Jabbers tried to use a taser on the Gorn who called himself Bossk, but got a foot in the face for his trouble. "Jabbers have yourself checked out in the infirmary. You mister Bossk are going to have to do something more then push down someone a fraction of your size. Any thug can do that. If you really want to prove yourself, do something impressive. How about you tell me a few things, like what your experience is, and why you're so insistent?"