Starbolt's Pride Alpha topic

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

After finishing with Jabbers - and ending up with a few more pieces of personal electronics than he had intended - Gunny headed for engineering. He nodded slightly as he entered, noticing that all the seams and joints in the modified sections of the equipment were now sealed and perfectly flush. He had an idea that someone as twitchy and anxious as Cech seemed to be would also be downright obsessive about having his equipment as close to perfect as possible. Cech came from behind the core, his gaze fixed on the consoles ringing it, and almost walked into Gunny. "Wake up, Mr. Cech. I'd like to compliment you on your work."

"What? Erm... thanks, but there will always be something to mod, fix, or tweak."

"I know," Gunny grinned conspiratorially. "I wouldn't want an engineer who WASN'T always looking for the next problem." Walking over to the intercom panel, Gunny hit the circuit for the shipwide PA system. Throughout the ship, a boatswain's whistle sounded followed by Gunny's booming baritone: "Attention. Wherever you used to be, it was safer than this is, and we are now underway. You will be expected to protect yourselves, your shipmates, and your vessel. To that end, Jabber Swarky, Bossk, and Ed please report to cargo 1 forward at 1430..." - Gunny recalled what type of ship he was on - "that is, two hours after lunch call." To Cech, he continued, "You're lucky. You've been through the Academy, so I think I can give you a pass on my use-of-firearms class."

Heading for the mess himself, Gunny sighed. He had just reminded himself how far he was from everything he knew. Granted, most of Starfleet wasn't a true dedicated military in the same way that he spent the early part of his career; but at least life aboard a Starfleet vessel followed the forms. He had planned to live out his life in the relatively relaxed position of boatswain, like he had begun under Mikey - it would have been like retirement compared to how he had served before. Now, he was settiing up a session to train a handful of who-knew-whats how to use those "shotguns" Blackstar had bought. The only real military man aboard was that Laithan, and he was a real...

Well, the only thing worse than a martinet was a FORMER martinet. However, Gunny reflected as he headed for Sekhot's table in the mess, he was still the man with whom Gunny had the most in common aboard this boat. "Mr. Sekhot," said Gunny, formally at ease, "do you mind if I join you?"

"Not at all," said Sekhot without looking up. "In fact, I was thinking about what you had asked me. You are correct about Laithan weapons' superiority to Federation examples. However, a true vehicular weapon would be too large for your skimmer and require more computer capability than such a vehicle can offer."

"Now, I never said, 'better,' just different," replied Gunny, "and you're still thinking like an officer! This boat ain't a ship in the advance task group of a fleet, and we don't have an expeditionary force waiting to deploy below decks. That skimmer is to get folks from one place to another faster'n they can hoof it, and I ain't looking to put an assault weapon on it. I need something that can lay down suppressive fire, and discourage pursuing vehicles. If you can't think of something, I'll figure something else."

"Well, since you have NOW clarified the parameters of what you need," said Sekhot, subtly trying to shift the blame for the misunderstanding to Gunny, "then perhaps together we can think of something useful." As much as Gunny did, Sekhot also appreciated the presence of another military man... even if it was an enlisted man.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Blackstar got out of the shower, one using conventional water rather then the sonic showers used by most spacers. Shi felt that they didn't do as well with cleaning. Blackstar figured it was because of something to do with hir fur.

Shi let it drip dry as shi was in no hurry. Sensing Starbolt beginning to wake up shi put on a 'big top' shi had recently replicated. Talora walked in and giggled, "I know I tease you about not wearing anything in the privacy of our quarters, but I didn't think you'd have sizing issues. There's enough room for you and a cub or two."

"That's the idea," said Blackstar. Making a couple adjustments to the straps, shi then pulled the top open and gently dropped Starbolt into it. The cub found hirself held securely in a pocket just under Blackstar's breasts. She had no trouble climbing back out to see what was going on. As she turned to nuzzled her adoptive mother, Blackstar grinned. "I dated a wetnurse once and she had mentioned that some of the wet nurses use these. The cub can nurse and sleep right up next to you while you have both paws free for whatever else needs doing."

"I see. I'm so used to you using unconventional techniques I didn't expect you to have something practical," said Talora.

"Or impractical depending on where you wear it. Some joker who will not be named, suggested I wear this top on an 'Alternate Thursday'. Wearing one of those once the others have filled it with chocolate pie gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'top heavy'"

"Alternate Thursdays?" asked Talora.

"In my universe of origin a guy I knew had a lot of kids to deal with, over a dozen," began Blackstar's explanation.

"Busy guy," joked Talora.

"Ya, but the ones I knew of were all adopted," said Blackstar. "Anyway, to avoid issues such as food fights, he set up a room that was basically a huge replicator to throw pies around. These 'messy times' became known as 'Alternate Thursdays', although they could be anytime of any day. They were used to have fun, and blow off a little steam."

Talora smiled as she saw her mate smile at the fond memories. Then she spotted as the smile went from one of fondness to one of an idea. "I know that smile. What are you thinking?"

Blackstar picked up a PADD and began looking over the Pride's current loads. Then began looking at what businesses had in stock at planets not too far off their current coarse. "I'm thinking I'm going to buy as many replicator, holo-emitter and shower parts as I can find."

"Holo-emitters and showers?"

Blackstar nodded, "Well, you have to get clean somehow. And I have a few possible improvements that could be made in mind. Sally, alter our heading to Altair 6. We have some supplies to pick up."

"This is Captain Blackstar to all hands, we're making a coarse alteration. We'll be making a stop at Altair 6 in 12 hours. We'll be parked there for two days before departing. That is all for now."

"I hope this is a good idea. With all the different species on board there could be issues with this," Talora said to herself under her breath.

"You know this is technically your fault for reminding Blackstar about it," said Sally whose sensitive equipment had picked up what Talora had said.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sekhot thought for a moment, running through a mental checklist of the various weapons he had salvaged from the stricken Laithan destroyer before it had gone down in flames as he escaped the wreck.
He had had a few weapons that would have been useful, but most of the heavier weapons had either been sold or discarded during his stay in the Alpha Quadrant. What he did still have, though, was something which could work perfectly for this skimmer.

"I think I have just what you're looking for." Sekhot anounced after some thought.

"Great. What is it?" Gunny asked.

"I still have a fairly new moirtéal and about twenty rounds left for it."

"Right, but what is it?" Gunny asked, clueless about what the Laithan was going on about. Sekhot thought for a moment, trying to find the human word for it. Unable to figure out the translation, and not too sure whether they even had such things in these parts, he resorted to a description.

"It's sort of like-" He began, tracing out the shape of the weapon with his claws. "a long tube made of metal. You have these shells for it, and they're like large grenades. You shove a shell down the tube, and then it fires it back out again over a long distance. It's like a miniature, man-portable artilary weapon."

"You mean a mortar?"

"Yes, I think that's it. I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for, but it definitely fills the qualification for discouraging pursuit."

"Right. Anything else you might have lying around?"

"Unfortunately, no. I did have-" Sekhot was interupted by an anouncement over the ship's speaker system.

"This is Captain Blackstar to all hands," The Captain's voice came out over the speakers. "we're making a course alteration. We'll be making a stop at Altair 6 in 12 hours. We'll be parked there for two days before departing. That is all for now" The anouncement concluded, and Sekhot was quite surprised, though pleasantly.

"Well," Sekhot said, clapping a couple of his claws together eagerly. "if we're in luck, I think I may know just how to get exactly what you're looking for on this planet.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Cech liked getting complimented. He was just starting to think things were finally looking up.

But then he had to go on about the "dangerous" thing.

"Fragging, spacer jar head better have been exagerating for effect" Cech mumbled to himself. But he had a bad feeling he might not be the exagerating type. Thus Cech was taking his antimatter part of the payment now. Supplies on his craft had gotten awful low while he was floating in space. And he didn't want them low if this ship got turned into a cloud of ionized gas.

Cech puffed away at another ampstick. He hadn't been able to sleep all night fretting about various systems. Though there was always so much interesting stuff to read up on that things weren't going as fast as his amped system could go. Still he was getting more done that somebody who could sleep in this flying coffin.

Could he forget about it for a few days on this planetside thing? Well, maybe one day, but for now the torpedo inventory needs finishing. He headed off and hailed Bossk to come join him.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Gunny and Sekhot headed for the bridge in order to get the time from Blackstar to acquire whatever Sekhot had in mind. "I had a feeling I could count on you, Mr. Sekhot," grinned Gunny. "I think you can understand me better than- did shi just say Altair VI?"

"Yes, why?" Sekhot was still slightly unsure of how to read the human's suddenly pale skin and wide eyes. "Did you have an unsuccesful campaign there?"

"No," replied Gunny ruefully, "I had a VERY succesful campaign there. Unfortunately, it was during a 48-hour liberty... and the ground I conquered wouldn't be too pleased to see me again. She was an Elasian named Kelinda, and she could do this thing with her hip joints..."

"I understand. They all want to tame a man in uniform," said Sekhot, with a clicking sound that Gunny took for laughter.

"No, it's not that. Well, at least it didn't end up that way. An Elasian woman's tears have a strange effect on human males, and I wouldn't have been able to leave if I had gone to say goodbye before I shipped out. And if I saw her now... well, Elasian females are also strong, vicious fighters, and they're real hellcats when they think they've been done wrong." Gunny looked up and grinned again. "Ah, but why am I worried? What are the chances I'll run into her in a system with three crowded city-planets, right?"

As the two men entered the bridge, a voice was coming through the comm from the planet below. "ISV Starbolt's Pride - this is Kelinda Deaan of Altair VI local traffic control. Please state your intent or destination, and I will try to accomodate you."

All heads on the bridge turned toward Gunny as he released a stream of every obscenity that 24 years in the service could produce. He himself turned toward Sekhot as he heard that strange clicking sound again.
as Bull offed Custer
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Jabbers would have been snickering to himself and flicking through his sales receipt again, his paws up on the table and a quiet purr escaping his lips. Hehe... ohh, how he did like counting his credits, even if it was only in digital form. And he'd managed to shift some merchandise, too, which was always good.

Still, he perked an ear as he heard the whistle, raising an eyebrow... before giving a little snort. "Pfft. Charming." He mumbled to himself, his tail giving a little swish.... before looking up again a few minutes later as the whistle went out again... a grin slowly spreading across his face, pulling his Lappadd over to himself.

"Altair 6, Altair 6... Operatives in Altair 6... Ahhh, here we go..." He said, grinning and pulling up a few files... and giving a little meep when he saw who it was. "Hrrrmm..."

"...Aarona Dahl. Crap." Maybe he WOULDNT send out a ping to tell the Guild he was here after all...

Jabs looked down to his Chronometer, wondering how far away 1430 was. Hmm.

[OOC: Ack, crap post x.x]
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Talora sat in the medical bay, looking over the records on Altair 6. An interesting place to say the least. Heavily populated. And filled with a wide variety of people. And she had contacts on the planet. Same as she had contacts on alot of planets. Lets see....she wanted to aquire something capable of popping heads yet not as noticable as her current Disrupter. perhaps....A Bajoran pistol...or maybe...Cardassian....yes...that would be better. But where to get it?
She sifted through her list of contacts. Kurro-nan..no..Ulaalta...no...Ah! Inadrin...perfect..And he lived fairly close to the spaceport. All she needed to do was prepare a message for him...time to use her sizeable store of credits
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

The ISV Starbolt's Pride made a safe landing on the planet. A quick diagnostic by Sally showed all systems were operating within normal parameters. Blackstar knew that Sally would safeguard the ship from any threat. A handful of crew would stick around and keep an eye on the incoming shipments with Sally scanning each and everyone for immediate security threats, while she'd do a more through scan once the cargo was secured for more passive devices as well as make sure they get what they paid for. Something Blackstar was more cautious about after some of the photon torpedoes were less then optimal.

At one of the exit catwalks, Blackstar smiled at the name of the walkway, Blackstar turned to Jabbers. "You're pretty good at finding stuff. See if you can find someone who's selling Quantum Torpedoes or significant amounts of Ablative armor, or additional powerful ship weapons in general. Oh, better include any shield emitters with level 9 precision control and transport scramblers."

"I can't make any guarantees. That's hard stuff to come by," said Jabbers, "but I'll do what I can."

"Expecting trouble?" asked Talora.

"Kortaga is a formidable enemy. Much of the weapons used by Kortaga were inspired by my own designs. Cheap nock-offs, but still effective. Including advanced sensor and transporter equipment," explained Blackstar.

"What damage can a transporter do?" asked Talora.

"Well, the computer core could be beamed out, or beam a few grams of antimatter onto the bridge and that'll ruin your day pretty quick wouldn't it."

Talora's face fell. "I never thought of that. I didn't think of using the transporter as a weapon."

Blackstar shrugged, "you'd be surprised at what can be used as a weapon. Comm systems, shields, force fields, dermal regenerator, can all be used as weapons, if you know how. One of the reasons I got so many holoprojectors is because I think I can use some of the excess as a weapon system by hooking them up to the photon torpedo casings that don't have working warheads. It's an idea that I never showed Kortaga. However if all else fails I'd like some firepower to fall back on."

"So what do we do now?" asked Talora.

"Shop for some kitchen equipment, some extra holoprograms, and a few toys for Starbolt," said Blackstar. The cub mewed at her name, being in Blackstar's saddlebag carrier, a common item for Chakat parents to have and carry their cubs in. "Seems that we have Starbolt's approval."
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

It took a long time but eventually Bossk and a couple other crewmen together finished the torpedo inventory. At least there were enough solid ones for a couple full vollies. And after that they would probably work right.

Cech wanted to check how the EPS system handled at excessive throughput. He had a bad feeling it wouldn't deal well when channeling the kind of power the ships potent systems could draw.

Bossk looked at him thinking. "We done lots of work. Now it Miller time!"

"What? Your race uses the machine shop to relax?" Cech replied confused.

Bossk blinked and paused trying to work that out. "Come on we go to planet! Have fun!"

"Well I guess I'm going to have to get used to the Spacer life alright, but I'll have to get busy again later."

Cech turned to the other crewmembers. "Hey we're going out anybody want to come with?"

Most had their own plan but a male human named Jag and a female Bajoran named Laren wanted in. Both spacers with the eclectic range of technician and combat skills Cech was starting to get used to around here.

"Uh sir?" Asked Jag.

"What?" Replied Cech.

"Well. You kind of look like crap, are you sure you should be going out?"

"What?"

Cech looked at Laren and she just shrugged.

Cech went over to a shiny metal wall. In the blurry reflection he could see the bags under his reshot eyes and his uncempt hair.

"I'm fine. Meet outside in half an hour OK."

Chech went back to his ship. Hit the sonic shower, changed clothes, checked out his type 1 phasers, and replicated himself a big pair of what would be sunglasses if they weren't just one way glass. He figured he'd have to wear these things indoors.

He lit up another ampstick and went out to meet the others. Walking up to Bossk he said.

"Alright you seem to be the party animal. Lead the way. But keep out of fights or you'll answer to me, and then Sharkey and Blackstar"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

"I think that one would be good," Talora said, pointing to a small rattle like toy. Blackstar looked less enamoured.
"Hmm...not sure...." Then she spotted something she liked. "Oooo...what about that one?" Talora looked at and glared. Not to her taste.
It went on for a couple of hours, Small little arguments about various homely items. It would seem quite comical to anyone not knowledgable of relationships. In the end they did find a selection of items for the quarters. All that was left was the holoprogrammes. oh dear. They decided to pick Their own programmes with their own money than even attempt to negotiate between their own tastes.
While Talora was browsing the selection of Holoprogrammes and Holo-Environments, A figure closed quietly behind her. Moving swiftly yet silently through the plaza.
She heard a noise. And span about, hand on disrupter. The male face of an Andorian stared at her, hand outstretched. He had a long glove on, with a small nuzzle pointing out of it. A weapon she suspected. She rather liked the idea of it actually. Might have to ask about that.
"You're getting better. Last time I was breathing down your neck, "Inadrin said. It was obviously not his real name. More of a alias.
"Your technique for making my hearing better works fairly well." She replied smiling slightly.
"so...You wish to aquire a weapon for yourself." He inquired, extracting a padd from inside his long coat. She took it and looked at the range. It was impressive to say the least. She noticed a series of hidden weapons systems. Then looked at the price. That can't be right. They were miles to cheap.
"You must have under priced these." She said handing back the padd. he looked.
"no. They are catered to the client." So he had given her a discount. A welcomed one at that.
She keyed in some commands, highliting what she wanted to acquire. He looked over the selection. He had checked her account before hand. She could pay the price. And in Return she would get a Slightly older model Bajoran Phaser pistol, a Glove conceiled pulse disrupter (medium power) and a Spec-Ops Tactical headset with built in comms system. Some nice toys. With a fair price, even with the discounts. But she could pay.
"I'll have the merchandise by 14:00 today. I will deliver them to your ship." She nodded, and gave him a device. He looked at it, perplexed.
"Scan this over the shipment code. It will authenticate it under my permission. Blackstar will likely not be happy with me smuggling weapons in but...Well i've payed now." She said. He nodded in approval. Then gave a slight bow, span round and walked off. Talora looked back at the array of Holoprogrammes and selected a holo-environment of Romulus. Nostalgia leaking in there. Time to return to Blackstar.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Shortly before the ship landed on the planet

Still snickering at the human's unfortunate turn of events, Sekhot left the bridge and headed down to the hanger to his ship. Pausing only to check the gunship's records to make sure no one had tried getting into it, he fired up the communications system, and made a call to his old friend.

"Geez, what time of the day do you call this?" Grumbled Diego Tispara the moment he answered.

"Mid-day." Sekhot replied.

"Not where I am. It's freaking two in the morning!" Diego retorted.

"Sorry about that, Diego. Where are you? That is, what planet are you on?"

"Why are you asking?" The orange and white furred alien asked. That was just like him; he'd never give any info unless he knew it was safe to do so.

"I need to meet up with you. I'm heading straight for Altair 6. How soon can you get there?"

"Heh, you're in luck, Esthú, I'm on Altair 6." Diego grinned. Sekhot flicked his antenae in surprise, that was a fortunate coincidence.

"Great. Know anywhere we can meet up?"

"Well, that depends on what you mean by 'meet up'." Diego replied, looking suggestively over the visual link. "I know this nice hotel near the beach that -"

"Not interested." Sekhot replied flatly. "I'm here on business this time." Diego just shrugged.

"Fine your loss. So....exactly what are you here for?"

"I want that crate of equipment that you stole off me back."

"I didn't steal that stuff off you, Esthú." Diego protested. "You lent them to me!"

"Yes, I lent them to you. For one day. It's been two months. I need the stuff back, that machine gun in particular. You do still have the stuff, don't you?"

"Of course!" The furred alien retorted.

"Oh, good. I wasn't sure whether or not you would have sold them. Anyway, I need to get that stuff off you. Where can we meet up?"

"Well, I have my ship berthed at a spaceport on the outskirts of the capital. You can meet up with me there. Landing bay 74."

"Right. I'll see you there. Oh, and Diego?"

"What?"

"Keep in mind I know exactly what I gave you, and how much of it. So don't think of hiding anything for yourself."

"Do I look like a common thief to you?" Diego replied with a fake wounded expression.

"Yes." Sekhot replied with a grin, and cut the link.

After the landing

Sekhot started up the gunship a few hours after the Pride had landed. He sent a short text message to the bridge, informing them that he'd be leaving with his ship on a personal errand. However, he wasn't too sure there was even anyone on the bridge. He'd seen the Captain leaving with his (or her, his new employer's gender was something Sekhot hadn't quite managed to work out yet) mistress and infant a few hours earlier, and virtualy all of the crew had also abandoned ship and headed out into the city. Not bothering to wait for a response, Sekhot gunned the engines of the Diaga Cúiteamh and sped the gunship out of the open hanger doors.
He located the spaceport Diego had told him about, and got clearance to land.

After a couple of minutes, he located Diego's ship, a stylish and ancient ship he called the Deimos. The ship was almost the complete opposite of Sekhot's. While the Cúiteamh was brand new, top of the line military technology, the Deimos was an ancient modified civilian trader vessel. While the Cúiteamh was large and blocky, the Deimos was sleek and slender. While the Cúiteamh was vicious looking, and clearly well armed, the Deimos' weapons were all built into hidden recesses in the hull.
Standing at the bottom of the ship, leaning casualy against one of the landing legs, was Diego.

"Finally." He said in mock frustration. "What kept you?"

"Finding your ugly piece of scrap metal." Sekhot replied, gesturing at the Deimos. "Do you have -"

"Yes, yes, Esthú, I have your stuff." Diego interputed him, indicating a large crate behind him. "I never used most of this stuff, anyway. I suppose you want to check it?" Diego asked, correctly guessing the Laithan's next question.

The two of them walked over to the crate, and Diego hauled the lid off. Inside was an asortment of weapons Sekhot had salvaged before he had fled Laithan space. Shotguns, assault rifles, a long barreled sniper gun, pistols, grenades, a rocket launcher, and the heavy machine gun that Sekhot had come specificaly to get.

"Right." He said, nodding and clapping a couple of his claws together. "That all seems in order. Let's get it back to my ship."

"Sure. Hey, hang on a moment." Said Diego, who hurried out of the bay and returned a minute or so later with a cart to help move the crate.

After loading the crate onto the cart, the two old friends wandered back to Sekhot's ship, conversing about how things were going for the other. Diego was particularly interested in finding out more about the Starbolt's Pride, but didn't say why. After a moment or so, they arrived at the bay where Sekhot's gunship was parked. Diego looked at the vessel, frowning slightly.

"Hey, have you done anything with that ship since we last met up?"

"No." Replied Sekhot. "Why?"

"I could have sworn it got even uglier since I last saw it." Diego laughed, ducking a swipe of Sekhot's claw.

The two of them managed to haul the crate into the ship and into the back of the cargo hold with about five minutes of hard work. The damn thing weighed a tonne.

"Well, that's that." Diego panted, exhausted after moving the crate of weapons. "Feel like getting a drink?"

"Sure." Sekhot replied, similarly worn out. "I think I need one."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Gunny actually welcomed the training session he had scheduled - he didn't have to think about Kelinda for a little while. Jabbers naturally goofed off and generally made a mockery of anything he could, but seemed to actually have an idea of how to take care of himself. The other two took some time getting used to a projectile weapon, waiting for rounds to chamber and such, but the microtransporter reload system made that easy enough. When he was finally done, he headed planetside for a non-replicated beer.

Leaving the ship umbilical and entering the spaceport compound, he craned his neck looking for the least appealing bar he could find. From behind, Gunny heard an "*ahem* Excuse me, sir?" Turning, he saw a slender but athletic feminine form with its right fist poised for a haymaker. Instinctively throwing up his guard, he crumpled to his knees as the blow never fell and he instead received a knee to the groin.

"Hello, Kenneth. Good to see you again."

"Kelinda! When I heard your voice at station control, I came to try and find you!" Gunny climbed back to his feet, careful to stay out of the olive-skinned woman's reach.

"Just like you came to say goodbye before you left, right?"

"Kelinda, I can explain," Gunny replied in a faltering voice. "Let's have a drink, and I'll try to tell you what happened. I won't even try to get you to do that thing with your ankle and your wrist... unless you really want to..."

Despite herself, Kelinda grinned. "You know I can't stay mad at you... especially after getting a good shot in to your crotch."

"Yeah, I know," answered Gunny, grinning back despite the residual ache. "To make it up to me, you can tell me what you know about hot Fed arms tech, or a local scumbag who goes by 'Kortaga.'"
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

The Gorn and his comrades waited at the bottom of the ramp for Cech, "About time. You move like old people make love!"

"How's that?" Cech asked not really wanting to know where this was leading.

"Slow and sloppy!" Bossk laughed and slapped Jag on the back sending him into the ground. "Now we go find place to party like its 1999."

Laren whispered to Jag as she helped him up, "What happened in 1999?" He shrugged in a response.

Bossk meanwhile was huming a Prince song as he lead the small group to to a local pub. They entered through the manual door to see a crowded bar and strip tease where numberous aliens enjoyed the sights and smells of exotic dancers. "My kind of place." Bossk smiled.

"There's got to be a better spot than this." Laren frowned.

"You rejecting Gorn hospitality?!" Bossk asked as he towered over the small Bajoran.

"I think she meant she wanted to get closer to the stage." Cech chipped into the clattering conversation coinciding with Cech's concious thoughts on containment of the constroversal reaction to the club.

"Good idea Cech!" Bossk nodded and muscled his way near the stage.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

"Tally, You know i'm not comfortable with this," Blackstar said as the crates containing her...purchases were brought aboard.
"Look. It was my money...and it frees up my weapons for more capable hands." Blackstar still didn't approve. Then a signal bleeped in on Talora's communicator, a old delapidated system. It would slide in with the small slot on the glove weapon.
"What!" She hissed down the comm channel. A female voice returned back.
"Talora, you wanted the info...i'm offering it." Talora looked at Blackstar, whose arms were folded...Talora merely smiled sheepishly. Blackstar smiled back lightly.
"erm...I'll be there soon." Talora cut the channel, extracting the glove sand the Bajoran weapon. She placed the Bajoran pistol in its holster around her waist and put on the gloves, sliding the communicator into place.
"Now hold o..." Blackstar said.
"my contact, Ti'val, could give us a lead on Kortaga. She maintains a lattice of information all over the area, if anyone i know will find him...its her." With that, Talora walked up to blackstar and kissed hir on the cheek. Then put on a heavy, knee length coat on, and walked out of the ship, off toward the ShuttleHire desk.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Laren gave Cech a look. "Ok not what I had in mind, but maybe there will be some beefcake for you later. I dunno. Learning new cultures and all that."

Jag however seemed to be much more with the program. Once Cech and Lauran got close to the stage they found Bossk attempting to hum a few bars of some song by some Gay guy called Marvin. Or something like that it was hard to hear.

"See maybe things will go your way Laren." Said Cech.

At first Cech couldn't help but feel repulsed and uncomfortable in the surroundings. But after a couple pints of something or other he started to actually enjoy himself. He hadn't actually gotten any money yet, but he assured Bossk that he could pay him back and that "I love you man".

Lauren even lossened up a little once some beefcake did arive. And the group enjoyed the stuff Bossk would try to get the band to play on a Klingon Concertina or other instrument.

However as the night wore on and Cech started to relax he simply feel over unconscious. Jag checked him out and said he was still breathing fine, and hadn't had that much to drink, but they couldn't wake him up.