Starbolt's Pride Alpha topic

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"You want to know Bossk's experience? I be the most strong creature in the sector. I am big even for Gorn standards. I also have many friends in area from last mercenaryies ian ies job. That is where I learned english, so no need for silly translator. I also learn about Earth which I like. I also like killing, eatting.. oh wait, I already did that."

Blackstar seemed less than impressed.

"Wait wait, I prove it to you. Let me start a barfight with those Klingons. Please?" Bossk asked, then in an afterthought remembered the other question. "I want job cause space station is dull."
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Jabbers would give a little grin at hir answer, getting reay to try and charm the hypothetical pants off hir as only he could... only to give a yell was he was shunted out of the way, landing heavily on his front.

Giving a feline growl, he pulled himself up, whipping his taser out and jamming it in the small of the Gorn's knee, only to get kicked in the face and sent sprawling again, smacking into the bulkhead with a yowl.

Rubbing his head, Jabbers gave a kittygrowl. "Hey!" pulling himself up, he reached for his taser again, clipping a few extra batteries on the side and turning up the discharge but still getting a chance to get a quip in. "Only smaller in one respect, hun... besides, lets me get into tight spaces." He gave the innuendo giver's grin, advancing on the Gorn again with his charged up taser.. "I'm fine, hun, needs more than him to hurt me.." He said... only to pause, glancing over to the Klingon. "...Uh.. yeah... actually, that might be a good idea.." He gave Blackstar a little nod and wink, he'd make his way. "Ill see you later, captain heh, when do you inspect the troops?"

Turning his back on hir and, hell, even swaying his hips a little as he walked, he'd start to make his way to the infirmary... waiting until he was out of eyeshot to give a little whimper and nurse his bleeding nose and the massive bump on his head. Argle x.x He was tempted to stick around and keep working his "Magic"... buut, shi was busy, and he did so love to be the centre of attention. Making his way to the door, he bumped into a Romulan female. "Oop. Sorry, sweetheart."
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

"Dammit!" she cried as the Caitan stepped on her foot. She instinctively grabbed him, dragged him out of the room and thrust him to the wall outside, Disrupter rifle pressed to his neck.
"Whoaa!!! Jesus girl!!!" He said staring down the nose of the green weapon.
"Who are you!" She hissed. He said nothing. She increased the setting of her rifle, using the audiable power up for effect.
"Alright!!! My name is Jabber swarky," Her eyebrow teased upwards at that. "I've been hired to the Starship Starbolt's pride!" She released him.
"If Blacky trusts you then so shall I. Your hurt...come here," She said beckoning him closer.
"Hang on a minute? You know hir?"
"Of course I do. Shi's my denmate and I hir's." The room was silent. Apart from the sniggering of a drunk Klingon.
"Ah..." He said, but before he could finish, Talora swung up with a Dermo-regenerator.
"Ouch!!!!" He whelped. She had it on a High energy setting, fusing the wound closed quickly.
"Shut up and deal with it." She said. The wound sealed closed. She wiped it with a cloth.

Blackstar was sitting, attempting to find interest in the...eccentric Gorn's behavior. When a Hand tapped on hir shoulder. Shi turned. Talora stood behind her.
"Try not to loose your recruits." Talora turned on her heel, limping slightly.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Blackstar shook hir head. Not only was the Gorn...ecentric, in his attitude, he wanted to start a bar fight. Shi wondered if that was normal for a Gorn, or if he was some thug who could fight just well enough to get hired by someone to get into space. "I'm sorry, Bossk is it? I hardly need brute force, I can handle that quite well. I may be short compared to you but I still have the strength to carry about 700 pounds of weight, and if my claws don't get them my fist will." Shi was exagerating a bit but in a place like this that was the rule rather then the exception. About 90% of what was said on Carnas station was pure crap.

Shi was interupted by Talora's tapping. Blackstar growled a bit as shi watched Talora walk with a slight limp. "She never listens. Then again neither do I so I guess I shouldn't be suprised."

Blackstar sighed as shi thought about what to do with the Gorn. He wanted to start a barfight to get the job and shi'd get blamed for it by local security, but if shi turned him away he'd start a fight anyway. So shi decided to see how he reacted to being turned away, if he did well shi'd think about hiring him. "I'm afraid I don't have an opening for you at this time Mr. Bossk. However, if any of the other people I've hired falls through I'll have to contact you. Have a nice day."
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Bossk's eyes went wide then a look of understanding passed his reptillian form. "Oh I see. Gorn are a smart race, we understand." He turned around and walked over towards the Klingons. Before reaching them he bent slightly to grip onto a table full of drinks pulling upwards until the poorly riveted srews popped out of place he held the table full of drinks over his head then threw it at the five Klingons. "Hey you spilled my drink!" Bossk yelled.

One of the Klingons was hit dead on by the table knocking him out while the drinks splattered on the remaining four. "You made your last move Gorn!" One of them yelled.

The four of them charged, unarmed because of the station's security, at Bossk. The Gorn lifted his right leg up and slammed it forward into the chest of the Klingon's leader sending him sailing back towards his friend the table hit. The other three Klingons jumped on Bossk trying to get a choke hold. Bossk managed to grab one by his armor and throw him towards the steel bulkhead while the other two tripped Bossk sending him breaking through another table.

Bossk managed to grab both of them by the waist, his powerful hands gripping each one tightly he knocked their bodies together like rag dolls then tossed them at the Klingon who had landed against the wall and let out a loud roar.

The Klingon leader climbed to his feet next to his ruined table spitting out his dark red blood, "You'll pay for this!" He then barked something in Klingon so that his wounded friends and him could escape for another day.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

The bar was temporarily quite, and noticing that all eyes were on him Bossk stopped to flex and then gave a nod at Blackstar.

He was about to say something when suddenly the Klingon leader burst back into the room having retrieved a disrupter rifle.

"And now you pay Gorn!"

However his first low powered shot went wide as Bossk plows through a table and smashes his way into an entrance to a crawlspace in the the bulkhead.

Before others could react the Klingon, enraged beyond reason, yells.

"Dodge THIS Gorn" as he cranks the rifle up to the maximum power setting and fires at the crawlspace Bossk had just entered intending to take him out along with everything in the area.

The bulkhead breaches and suddenly patrons are hanging on for dear life as the room depressurizes, sucking the Klingon and a couple patrons out while the station struggles to establish a large enough containment field in the damaged area while a number of plasma conduits breach and erupt fire from the walls.

Cech had enough of this from the start of the barfight. He slaps his chest and makes sure his transporter tag is secure in his pocket. "Computer transport protocal seven!!!!" He then vanishes in the familiar beam of light.

Bossk, having jumped into a vertical tube, had fallen four stories straight down and then smashed though a ceiling a few meters from Sekhot who was making his way to the interview. The sounds of explosions and screaming along with a small burst of flame following shortly after.

Back in his small ship Cech races to the console initiating a hail to Starbolts Pride. "Anybody there? I think your crew could use some help in the station! Let me know if you need assistance. Hopefully I'm working with you. Hello Starbolts Pride? Please, respond! I'm sending telemetry on their location, though I bet you could guess."
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Jabbers would have been lurking around the bar after his little... encounter, mulling things over. Well, that could have gone a LOT better but, still, at least he'd been hired, and met a few of the crew... which always meant that he'd get more chances for... *ahem* personal advances later.

He'd be watching the captain as Shi reviewed the Gorn that had shunted him out of the way earlier, giving a little snicker as he got rejected. Serves him right. Still... he couldn't help but take cover behind the nearest sturdy object as he actually started a fight with the Klingons, poking his head out afterwards to take a look... only to yowl as the shot was fired and the hull breached, clutching to the nearest solid surface.

Well, at least until his boots kicked in under emergency conditions, bringing him back down to earth - uh, deckplate - with a thud, his paws reaching down to his belt for his breathing mask almost immediately, emergency procedure drilled into him taking effect. Always make sure seal around mask is tight, ensure eyes and ears are covered and/or plugged, always attend to your own mask before others...

Unclipping some tethers to his belt, he'd stomp his way back over to Blackstar, grabbing hir arm and waving up to her, making the thumbs up/down signal to ask if shi was ok... while at the same time trying to tether himself both to hir and the bolted down table
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"Hey! You're not supposed to bring weapons onto the station." Called a rather irate looking Andorian, as Sekhot strode out of the hanger bay and into the station itself. He had a long barreled shotgun slung over his shoulder on a strap, and hadn't gone through any lengths to hide it.

"What?"

"I said," Growled the Andorian, striding up to Sekhot with a couple of young humans. The three of them were wearing the badge that identified them as members of the stations small security team. "you are not allowed bring armed weapons onto the station. The station's old, and the SIF ain't great. The last thing we need is some hot-shot putting a hole in the hull."

Sighing, Sekhot pointed the shotgun at the roof and pulled the trigger. Nothing happened except for the gun issuing a small click.

"It's not loaded." Sekhot said, handing it to the Andorian so that he could check it. "The only way it's a danger is if your walls are so pathetic I can punch my way through them."

"What's the point in having a weapon that doesn't work?" Asked the Andorian suspicously. Satisfied that the gun wasn't going to cause any harm, he handed it back to Sekhot.

"Intimidation." The Laithan replied, slinging the weapon over his shoulder again. "They don't know it's not loaded."

"Right, you can go then." Grunted the Andorian, gesturing down the corridor towards the main areas of the station.
Sekhot nodded in thanks and walked calmly down the corridor. As soon as he rounded a corner, he pulled a handful of scatter-shot shells out of a pouch and loaded a few into the weapon. Security in this place was really poor, he mused.

He had just struck off to find this Captain Blackstar, when a loud bang came from somewhere above him, followed by a blaring siren and a distant roar of air being sucked out of a nearby section of the station. A grate set into the ceiling just in front of him fell to the ground with a crash, followed shortly by a rather large Gorn. The Gorn staggered back to his feet as the sirens stopped wailing, blinked for a moment as he looked around him, then smiled as he spotted Sekhot.

"Ah, I know you!" He declared.

"Me?" Sekhot asked, then realised how stupid the question was. The two of them were alone in the corridor, unless the Gorn was halucinating he was talking to him.
Of course, it wouldn't be too surprising if the Gorn did know Sekhot, many Gorn worked as mercenaries, prized for their strength and endurance and Sekhot had worked with several during his time as a mercenary.

"Yes you. Remember? That time at Bajor?"

"Oh, now I remember. Bossk, isn't it?" Sekhot glanced up at the hole in the ceiling. "I take it you caused a bit of an incident....again?"

"Not me, it was Klingon. Shot at me after I beat him in bar fight."

"Right, right. So, did you have a reason for nearly getting the air sucked out of the station, or was this a......spur of the moment decision?"

"I had reason, was impressing captain." Bossk replied happily. Sekhot thought for a moment.

"Blackstar, was that the captain's name?" He asked, remembering the name of what would hopefully be his new employer.

"Uh...yes. That's it."

"Well, that's a coincidence, I was going to ask him for a job myself." Sekhot gestured down the corridor. "If you'd lead the way?"

Blackstar was just reflecting on how lucky shi was to not have been sucked out of the hole in the station wall, when the Gorn re-appeared in the doorway leading into the bar, followed by one of the more unusual creatures shi'd seen in the Alpha Quadrant. Spotting hir, the insectoid alien overtook the Gorn and strode up to hir while Bossk headed over to the bar to get a drink.

"You'd be Captain Blackstar?" It asked.

"Yeah. And you are?"

"Esthú Sekhot." The six-limbed alien replied. "Me and my....friend here are here to apply for a job. You said you were hiring a crew."

"Well, I think I've already reached a decision on Mr. Bossk here." Shi said, gesturing around at the scenes of carnage the bar was now in.
Sekhot glanced around the bar for a moment, then turned back to Blackstar.

"Ah, right. I agree that Bossk can be a bit......blunt in dealing with things, but I'd suggest you reconsider. I've worked with him before and he's good at following orders, and quite loyal. Not the sharpest tool in the box, but he can't be beat when it comes to brute force. Need a bunch of people out of the way? Just point him in the general direction and watch things unfold from a safe distance."

"Look, I really don't think I need a strong man for my crew. And besides, what use would he really be on a freighter doing legit' business?" Shi asked. Sekhot twitched an antenae in amusement.

"Right, right, "legit". Just like all those other "legit" freighters I helped run guns , smuggle illegal substances, gun down business rivals and dodge the authorities? You and I both know what you're hiring a crew for. Otherwise, you wouldn't have come to Carnas. So, come on, just make sure to lay out simply what he can and can't do, and he'll be no problem. What do you say?"
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

After a quarter of a century in space, Gunny saw what was about to happen when the Klingon returned. He knocked back his beer before it spilled and secured a good grip on his barstool. The Gorn disappeared down a service shaft as the rest of the bar erupted into chaos. Biding his time for a moment, Gunny slowly loosened his ka-bar in its sheath. He would need to do something, without the use of a firearm, to try and gloss things over with the station's management.

When the station's ailing emergency force field came online with an unreliable buzz, Gunny stood and strode to the center of the now-empty floor, his beer mug in his right hand and his knife in his left. The Klingon, disarmed by the gale, was getting to his feet about thirty paces away. "Hey, p'takh!" called Gunny. "You're a real tough guy with a rifle in your hands," he said, brandishing his knife, "but can a Klingon actually fight with a knife, like a man?"

"You'll find out when I bury my d'k'tagh in your heart, human!" roared the Klingon, as he began to charge. Gunny stretched his right arm behind him, swung it forward, and threw the beer mug with all his strength. It connected squarely with the Klingon's forehead and shattered; the Klingon sank to his knees and fell prostrate on the deck.

Blackstar looked over. "Tricking someone into charging you is how you fight like a man, Gunny?"

"Doesn't always impress the girls, but no use impressing them and getting killed, like my Dad used to say... anyway, shut up. Problem solved." As station security, a ticked-off Andorian followed by two humans, rushed in, Gunny dragged the Klingon over to them by its ankle. "Here's the guy who blew up your station, sir, and here's the weapon he did it with." He kicked over the Klingon's disruptor rifle. "You must have a standard reward for bringing in troublemakers... and not reporting to station management how they were able to bring high-powered rifles aboard, right?" said Gunny ironically. "Set it up for me in an account at the Yridian spice trader's shop downstairs. And if I were you, I wouldn't allow firearms like that on my station."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

*error*
Last edited by Blackstar the Chakat on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

"Sekhot was it? You're sticking your neck, or whatever your species equivilent of a neck is for this Gorn. You're in idiot, but you're smart. You're hired. So is that Gorn. Just as long as he isn't responsible for any holes in my ship, or my crew. He's your responsiblility. If he screws up, he's fired and you're going to be lucky if I keep you on at all. I suggest you get everything in order and move in before I change my mind," said Blackstar.

Blackstar shook hir head. Normally shi wouldn't hire some thug just because someone recommended them but Bossk might be useful if they encountered the bodyguards of Kortaga. Shi snorted, "a felitaur, a lizard, and an insect walk into a bar. If there hadn't just been a huge fight I'm sure a joke along those lines would be funny."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Talora sat, pressing a hypospray to her neck. She couldn't be bothered to heal her foot of which had been stepped so she settled for pain relief.
Silvertail stood, arms crossed, gloating.
"I told you not to go." Shi said. Talora knew she was right. Which made it even worse.
"Shut up...I can live with a stamped on foot." She retorted.
"Well if all those stampings mount up, you wont be very much use."
"Whatever." Talora got up, obviously in a bad mood and stormed out of the medic station.
It didn't take long for more problems to present themselves. First off, Starbolt had began suffering from a weak fever again. But the symptoms were becoming worse so she had to care for the helpless child. Talora was determined not to let it stop her. She had to do something....but what....
She made her way to the engineering. And began fiddling...something that she shouldn't do...
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Having not gotten a response after multiple hailes and seeing a force field show up on sensors, Cech decided to take it easy for a bit, leaned back in his chair and pushed preset button number one on the food replicator. Producing a glass of Bourbon and a new lit nicostick.

Half way through both of them Cech stopped to think. Back in starfleet he almost never drank, never swore once, and wouldn't have even considered smoking.

With a new job maybe he should stop? But the others were drinking, and a fair bit at that.

Maybe you could enjoy this stuff and still be a top flight engineer?

"I guess I'll find out" he mused to himself. FHe fnished the glass, inhaled a long drag and pushed the button again. And then set the computer to alert him if a Cat taur thing approached the docking area or if Starbolts Pride starts powering up.

He then sent out one last hail. "Guess nobodies home. But I'm still here and I imagine you still need a good engineer. So contact me when you get back I'll be here. Cech out."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sekhot momentarily froze in surprise. Bossk being his responsibility definitely wasn't what he was looking for. In fact, he hadn't expected to be hired just on the basis of pointing out a potential recruit. Still, he had just been hired, so he'd just have to take the good with the bad.

"Uh, right." Sekhot nodded. "One thing, though. I have a small ship of my own in the station's hanger. I hope you won't object to me bringing it along?"
Blackstar shrugged.

"No problem. We have a small shuttlbay on my ship. You can stow it there." He.....or she, Sekhot couldn't quite figure out which gender Blackstar was, replied.

"Okay then. Now if you don't mind, Captain, I think I need to have a word with my friend." Sekhot said, gesturing at Bossk, who he had been watching through his compund eyes to make sure he wasn't getting into any more trouble. "After that, I'll take my shuttle to your ship."

Blackstar nodded, and Sekhot hurried over to Bossk. If staying in this job was dependent on the Gorn not screwing anything up, he'd need to lay down some ground rules, first.
Bossk was over at the bar, having a drink. The bartender looked like he wanted to say something to the person who had been responsible for having a hole blown out of the wall, but wisely didn't comment.

"Hey, Bossk?" Sekhot asked, sitting down on a bar stool next to the Gorn and a fairly old looking human with an odd gun clipped onto his belt.

"Yes?" Bossk asked.

"Well, that Blackstar guy said he'd be happy to hire you, under a few conditons."

"Conditions?"

"Yeah. Remember that guy we were doing that job for, back at Bajor? Blackstar's rules are kinda similar to his."

"What are the rules?" Bossk asked, putting down his now empty drink. The bartender grudgingly replaced it with a full one.

"Can ah git ya anythin'?" The bartender asked Sekhot, who shook his head and waved him away. Alcohol was something the Laithan race had never discovered, and Sekhot was pretty sure there was a damn good reason for that. Upon entering the Alpha Quadrant, he had quickly discovered his species had a very low tolerance to alcohol. He had come to this conclusion after he had gotten quite drunk one night on a single bottle.

"What are the rules?" Bossk repeated, picking up his new drink.

"Well, firstly, you can't fight any member of the crew. Unless they do something like trying to rebel against the Captain, or try to sabotage the ship, or try to attack another member of the crew, or....." Sekhot stopped. There had to be a simpler way of doing this. "Actualy, perhaps it's better off if you just don't fight any member of the crew at all, unless I say he's doing something wrong. Or the Captain, as well." He thought for a moment, but couldn't really see any unwanted loopholes out of that one.
"Em, secondly, you're not to damage the ship in any way, shape, or form or screw with the controls." Again, that one seemed pretty air-tight.
"Thirdly....uh.....you're to do what the Captain, or anyone he says is of a higher rank than you, says." Sekhot thought for a moment, then figured that was pretty much it.
Bossk took another drink and seemed to think over this for a moment. Sekhot waited impatiently for an answer.

"Well?" He asked, ignoring the human next to him who seemed quite amused at their exchange. "Is that all alright for you?"
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"Those seem good to me." Bossk nodded, "I don't break no buddies arms anyhow. Gorn are a peaceful race and don't start fights. Bossk be like the Swiss." The Gorn nodded thinking he filled his ancient Earth reference quota for the moment.

"Long as I can boost temperatureraturing in my room. So cold on these stations." He added downing his eight glass and standing up, ignoring the bartender's question about how he was going to pay for this.