Starbolt's Pride Alpha topic

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Re: Starbolt's Pride Alpha topic

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

The Starbolt's Pride dropped out of warp and docked with the station for the race. The Pride crew that was participating as racers, or racing crew met up with some of the other racer in the briefing room, where racers were recieving a briefing of sorts. The man giving the briefing explained the rules about getting withen a hundred meters of the checkpoints, and the hour layover at the midpoint station.

Blackstar handled the entry fee for the entire team and signed the various forms that would prevent hir or any member of hir team or relations, parent companies, or anyone else from sueing the racing officials for any number of reasons such as injurys, damage to vessels, and death among other things. Shi then joined hir mate and crew at a dinner held for participants and sponsors. Blackstar found hirself fending off several sponsers, many Ferengi, since shi didn't want to get a reputation as a sell out.

Blackstar's gaze eventually found a Boslic frieghter outside one of the room's windows, which shi had seen in the past. Hir vision focused on a female Boslic with blue hair who was the captian of the ship as shi flexed hir claws. Talora, sensing Blackstar's emotinal shift from their empathic connection. "Is something wrong Blackstar? You seemed to tense up just a moment ago."

"That Boslic, she's an associate of Kortaga's I think. I've seen her ship before, in a matter related to Kortaga."

"Blackstar, I know you want to go after Kortaga, but you don't even know if she's the same captain from back then. Or if it's even the same ship. And if you start a fight here you could get the entire team kicked out of the race" Talora could sense Blackstar's anger and frustration, since Blackstar knew Talora was right. "Besides, there'll be plenty of time after the race to confront her."

"You're right Tally. Let's get some food. And get some sleep. I want to get up early and make some last minute fine tuning to the Chakat's Dream before I line up for the race."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

To the surprise of his shipmates, Gunny dashed into the race registrar's office as Blackstar was entering hir teams. "Sign me up too, skip," he said.

"Really?" asked Blackstar. It hadn't occurred to anyone that something like this would interest the normally staid and practical soldier; but his current restless and reckless mood inspired him to participate. Blackstar thought twice after looking at Gunny's drawn face and sunken eyes, but relented. He'd been through a lot lately, shi thought, and this might get his mind off recent events. "OK," shi said, "there's a briefing and reception at 1930."

"Thanks, skip," Gunny answered, then rushed out as suddenly as he had entered.

Gunny arrived at the reception a few minutes late and proceeded to sit quietly in a corner. He ate little and drank a lot. While Cech paid intense attention to the briefing, Sekhot spared a minute to walk by Gunny's seat. "Are you going to be alright in the morning?" asked the Laithan. "It looks like we're in for some pretty intense flying."

"Back off," growled Gunny, "I don't need a babysitter." Sekhot turned away, taken aback by the unexpected reaction, while Gunny returned his attention to his glass.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Talora sat in her and Blackstar's quarters peering at the PADD she had been given of the course. It was a monstrousity. Several high risk areas. She knew all to well that the S'Tei's more fragile electronics would make travelling through the Ion field impossible. The asteroid field was managable, if she put every little ounce of power into the engines and the shields. Oh and the tractor beam. A deflected asteroid might well hit someone else. She smiled at that.

The Nebula would also prove to be helpful. Because of the high regulation she could commit to her weapons, it would be easier to use them in the 'space Cerr'Haev (soup)' Ti'Val had designated it. And the warp flight section might give the S'Tei a decided advantage, It probably being one of the fastest ships taking part.
There was a chime at the door. Talora permitted the guest to enter. Ti'Val walked through the door, holding a Identical PADD in her hand.

"We'll need to calibrate the shields to deflect asteroids instead of incinerate them, set the weapons to a low power, and increase thruster power. If we go through the Ion field, we could calibrate the shields to attempt to absorb some of the Ionic particles," She said, her mind racing as she reached for the pot of Coffee on the table. Talora looked at her, beaming. Ti'val noticed this, and then cursed herself for getting too involved.

"Wipe that smile clean, you! Anyway. Are you planning on going through the ion field?"

"No. The sensitive systems the S'Tei carries would make it too dangerous," Talora replied. Ti'Val obviously thought it worth the risk, but had to nod in agreement with Talora.

"Very well. We'll need to increase speed at that point. Could we reroute Communications power into the engines? I mean a complete transfer."

"Risky. It would cut us off totally from communications with other ships and the rac Headquarters," Talora said.

"But why do we need such communications? Or at least, are they that important?"

Ti'Val had a point. It would be a risk she was willing to take.

"Very well. We'll do that. Do you think you can watch shield modulation and...perhaps tractor/weapons duty?" Talora asked. Ti'Val smiled wryly and nodded.

Good. As far as she could determine, all was set.

"I will retire then, Keep guard on her. And let you have your private time with your fine....mate," Ti'Val said, bristling slightly at the last comment. The Ridge perched on Talora's forhead bulge slightly and reddened, but she said nothing, merely nodding in gratitude.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

The modified Danube class whipped through space. Narrowly avoiding asteroids while firing weapons and shoving others out of the way with it's tractor beam. Until it rammed into another competitor. The sheilds absorbing the impact but preventing both of them from completing their maneuvers and both plowed into a massive asteroid.

"DARN IT" Yelled Jabbers, pushing the com button in the small testing holosuit. "This boat won't actually handle that bad will it?!?! Cech."

"Sorry Jabbers, if it was a breeze to manuver at speed I could do it myself right?" Cech replied.

"I don't think I've ever been in a ship with this poor of a turn to accelation and speed ratio" Jabbers replied exasperated.

"Look it's just the nature of the thing. Normally ships this size just can't accelerate or move that fast. But I'd have to sacrifice that to give you better turning and I don't think we'd win without it. As is we should be in the running....if you can keep us from taking damage. Do well enough and maybe we could try going around the asteroid field. Try the Nebula again you did great at that the last time, then go back to the asteroid field."

"Ach. The handling on this thing, it, it" Jabbers stammered.

"Looks Like A Fish, Moves Like A Fish, Steers Like a Cow!" Bosk bellowed helpfully.

"Um. I suppose if fish could travel through space. What?" Cech murmered. "Anyway lets get back to it. Bosk help Jag lift that into place by the warp core and I'll do the attechment."

While much of it was lying around the shuttlebay the ship was finally coming together. With Laren working to modify the outside so it really didn't look like a Danube and met the minimum size requirements and Bosk, Jag and Cech working to get all the mods in place in time.

After Cech finished the molecular weld he stepped down from the ladder. "You know. We really should come up with a new name for this thing. It's pretty much a new ship at this point. Any suggestions?"
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Jabbers sniffed a little, tilting his head some. "Hrmm. Tricky one, that... Though, given its manovering ability, the Pig in mud might be apt." He laughed a little, tapping one foot. "Cheshire's Grin?"
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Blackstar handed Starbolt and a gallon of hir breast milk to Silvertail. "I expect you to take good care of her while I'm gone."

A passing crewman asked, "isn't Silver a doctor? Can't shi make the milk hirself?"

Silvertail frowned, "I'm a doctor, not a milkman." That was enough for the crewman. "kiss for luck," said Silvertail, who then lick-kissed Blackstar's cheek.

"I won't need it but thanks," said Blackstar. Blackstar put hir flightsuit on, based on an old WWII style leather jacket, and headed to the Pride's launch bay and boarded the Chakat's Dream and launched. "This is the Chakat's Dream, moving to starting position."

"This is race control, Roger that. Proceed to designated starting position." The advantage to having a race in space was that unlike land races, there was no need for qualifying or anything else to decide starting positions. The racers were able to start relatively at the same time.

Blackstar leaned back and prepared hirself mentally, feeling the unique control pads, which looked like red squares to the outside observer, but in reality they were Tholian technology that allowed the user to interface with the ship. However these were custom built to handle input from Chakats rather then the Tholians, like the one who had the Dream built. This was partially possible due to Chakats having the natural Talent of empathy, Blackstar's being relatively high for someone without any training. In a way, the ship literally responded to hir thought. There were of course secondary controls for non-Chakats and in case the primary controls were damaged.

Blackstar's eyes opened as the countdown began.

"zyuu, kyuu, hati, nana, roku, go, yon, san, ni, iti, rei!" And the ships took off.

Blackstar was so concentrated on the course ahead that shi didn't spot a ship cutting hir off, ramming into another ship. Blackstar barely had time to register another ship closing in before shi instinctively activated aft starboard thrusters to swing the aft of the ship around, the ship to aft ramming the one that had cut hir off. "That was too close." A few simple corrections sent hir back on course and found hirself in last place, minus the two ships behind hir. "great, now I have to pass everyone. Luckily I have the most kick ass shuttle in the sector." And shi pored on the speed
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

" Jacob? Did you catch that?" Leimane asked from behind him, her frustration apparent in her tone. He'd been somewhere else again; a place where blood had flowed like rivers, and his friends' screams had drowned out the wind. Leimane's voice brought him back to the present, like the miles-away scent of a fresh pecan pie had always brought him home many years ago.

" Yeah, I heard you. The Boslic's ship is pulling away. Stick to the plan, dear heart. Reroute power from the shields, and take the engines to maximum. Stand by to do the reverse when we reach the ion field; we'll let our inertia carry us through." The Komodo wasn't nearly the fastest ship in the race, but she had enough endurance to plow through most of the obstacles on the course.

The prize we're after can't be won in a simple race, he mused, absently twirling his Klingon disruptor in one hand as he brought the sensor data onto the main viewscreen with the other. Several ships had blasted rapidly away from the main group, using their high impulse speeds to gain an early lead.

Slow and steady, Jacob. Remember who you are, and this should be easy.

Of course, nothing was as easy as it seemed in theory. His plan had already undergone a minor alteration at the appearance of the Starbolt's Pride. He knew the details behind her construction, thanks to his loyal contacts, and he knew of her captain by reputation. Dual-gendered extra-dimensional aliens tended to attract some attention, hard as they might try to avoid it. He also knew of their connection to Starfleet and the Federation, and that was his problem.

He'd called in a favor with one of the race officials; there was no other way to enter using a false identity, and he certainly couldn't use his real name.

The Komodo lurched forward, straining the inertial dampeners on the old Raider as they hit full impulse speed. Behind him, he heard Leimane fastening her harness; he did the same.

" Make sure you keep up with the Boslic ship, Gannett. Don't overtake them by too much if you manage to pull in front. I want everything 5 by 5 when we enter the nebula." Jacob knew that they only had one good chance to pull this off without attracting attention from the authorities, and the nebula near the middle of the course was the best time to strike.

The taciturn Bajoran craned his neck upward from the pilot's seat, " I'm not an amateur, Jacob. I'll make it convincing."

" You're damn right you will. I want that ship's database intact. Don't you?" He glared at the seasoned veteran he'd managed to pull back into service; Gannett stared back at him, his artificial eye a grim reminder of his service to their cause. After the slaughter they'd survived during the Dominion War, he was a bit surprised to find anyone willing to finish what Kortaga had started.

Leimane broke the silence, " We all want his head, Jacob. We'll do our part."

He glanced over his shoulder at her; she winked coyly at him. A brief smile pierced his usual stern façade as he drummed his fingers on the armrest, " Stay the course, my friends. We'll catch the snake soon enough."

He felt this to be true, but something told him that finally grasping his prey would be a costly victory.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

The Myrmidon groaned as Gunny banked hard to starboard, shaving precious minutes from a turn that should have taken much longer. Almost all the ships in the race were faster than the Xindi craft, but her superior agility and structural integrity field allowed her to perform the reckless - even foolhardy - maneuvers that Gunny was making. He had undercut the planetary rings, sticking closer to them than anybody else. By shunting all available power to the shields, he had been able to protect his SIF, engines, and thrusters as he plowed through the ion field - at the expense of his comm system, fire control, and warp coil feeds.

The asteroid belt had been a different matter. Gunny had initially shot forward into the top third of the field, where there appeared to be a lower density of asteroids. His dulled reflexes didn't match his devil-may-care attitude, however, and he didn't react to the proximity alarm in time. A relatively small asteroid - slightly less massive than the Myrmidon itself - nudged the shuttle from underneath, pitching Gunny forward and temporarily disabling the thrusters. Gunny allowed the Myrmidon to sit with her shield bubble in contact with the rock, riding it towards the top edge of the asteroid belt while he raced to bring the maneuvering jets back online. Finally, as the asteroid with the small craft riding piggyback crested the upper boundary of the belt, Gunny throttled forward and cleared the field.

With most of his vulnerable systems already down, Gunny had shifted all his shield power to starboard and tightened his turn until the Myrmidon almost skimmed the corona of the system's sun. In the process, he turned inside a few more sensible pilots and claimed third place.

The hard turn which had made the ship protest came as Gunny brought the shuttle onto a direct heading for the nebula checkpoint. With his shields up and sensors already half down, he intended to head straight through the blinding cloud. Instead, with his head fuzzy and his reflexes slow from sleeplessness and chemical abuse, he brought the ship out of the turn too late and fishtailed - almost colliding with a slightly old-fashioned escape pod which had drifted near the outside of the course.

Cursing at himself for his stupidity, Gunny cobbled together whatever sensors he could and found a faint life sign. Unable to pinpoint the contact he swept the cabin of the pod with his transporter, with the effect of unceremoniously dumping the materializing form onto the Myrmidon's deck. "Ouch... but thanks," said the stranger as he rose to his feet.

"Holy crap..." began Gunny.

At the unexpected greeting the rescued stranger began to glance uncomfortably at Gunny's tattoos, at the knife strapped to his thigh, and at the large evil-looking pistol at his hip. "Er, I didn't mean to inconvenience you," said the refugee.

"No, I just... I could have killed you," answered Gunny vacantly. "Could have killed myself too." Fixing his gaze on the stranger, he asked, "What's your story?"

"Ever hear of a local kingpin called Kortaga?" After seeing Gunny scowl and tense at the mention of the name - as well as noticing the alien nature of the shuttle - the man continued, "Well, he just had some people killed who were very important to me, and I'm going to see him pay."

"Then I think we have a problem," said Gunny fatalisitically. At his guest's worried look, he finished, "I plan to claim that prize myself."

The stranger exhaled slowly. "I'm Jacob, by the way. Thanks for the rescue."

"Most folks call me Gunny. And thank you, Jacob."

"For what?"

"For helping me see what the hell I'm doing with myself. C'mon - if you're up for it, I think we can find a berth for you. You can tell me your story on the way."
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

{{Similar to Mikey's post}}

"Starboard! Starboard damn you!" Ti'val screamed, trying to avert the ship from plowing into a racer who was careening out of control. Talora saw it just in time and flicked the S'tei over the top, skimming the shields of the stricken ship.

"For godsake Talora, Focus!" Ti'val scolded as they drifted past the planets rings. "Anyway...Ion field. Going to risk it?"

"No, we're to fragile. Go around, channel everything to the engines," Talora replied. Dragging the ship into a laboured turn to the port side. Several racers almost slammed into her as she crossed their path, all of them driving into the ion field. Ni'hraveiff she thought to herself. The trip around the ion field did not last as long as she thought it did, due to the fact she was literally burning the impulse coils.

"looks like some of the other races did not make it," Ti'val said, looking at the sensor information which was missing about 4 ships. Makes things all the more easy. next up, the asteroid belt.

"Deflectors to full. Unto the breach dear friend," Talora said, as the shuttle streaked over the crest of rampant asteroid. She pulsed the tractor beam at another smaller asteroid, slamming it into a Andorian shuttlecraft. The port nacelle was sheered off and it went spinning out of control.

"BEARING 006!" Ti'val screeched. Talora looked. Holy crap....She fired off the emergency starboard thrusters. The ship burst away from the asteroid. But it was too late. An edge of the asteroid sliced into the starboard nacelle. Green plasma sprayed out across space, like the life blood of the ship, bleeding away.

"Blast it, half power. There aint no way we're gonna do it like this, Ti'val."

"I'm signalling the tower, leaving the race.....they are responding...they read us loud and clear, Powering up weapons to defend us from the remaining rock."

the S'Tei limped home, battered and bruised.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

The Chakat's Dream passed through the planet's rings easily enough and made up some time. Blackstar switched to manual controls, which were as simple as feasibly possible, and most systems were shut down, as shi passed through the Ion field. The Dream took some damage to the warp drive, but Blackstar hoped shi would be able to repair that during the one-hour wait at the midpoint station. Blackstar continued on to the astroid field, now using the red neural interface pads at the primary controls, using the supirior technology and hir reaction time to navigate the hazard at rediculusly high speeds, although an unusally large number of astroids did seem to come hir way.

*news broadcast*
"The race isn't even half over and already we've seen some amazing action. Several ships have already been knocked out, but the most interesting story I've seen so far has been the rookie ship Chakat's Dream, which lost a lot of time at the beginning of the race due to an accident has been taking every hazard so far head on to make up for it. The unusual captain has passed over half of the remaining field and appears no worse for the wear.
In other news the S'Tei has droped out of race due to damage on it's starboard nacelle and is now limping home. And two more ships have dropped out due to engine trouble."
---

Blackstar looked up at the mention of the S'Tei. Shi pulled up a comm link with the Pride, "Sally, what's the status on the S'Tei?"

"The S'Tei took some damage and is leaking plasma. Nothing we can't handle, but Talora felt it best to drop out rather then risk her ship."

"Acknologed, Blackstar out." Blackstar frowned. With a leak like that the S'Tei didn't have warp drive anyway. Blackstar found the warp damage was worse then shi thought, but shi was able to do a patch job. As long as shi didn't take to many more bumps shi'd be fine. Shi pressed on past the sun, cutting it closer then any recommended limits.

Blackstar continued onto the nebula. Passing through the cloud shi 'cheated' by following the guy in front of hir by using hir empathy. After passing the checkpoint in the center shi pulled a hard turn, and headed out of the nebula. "That's odd," shi said to hirself. Shi thought shi had seen the Boslic frieghter sitting dead but was now following hir. "I hope they just got lost."

"This is the race command. This is a general warning, a Force-5 ion storm is now passing the sun and will be passing between the shooting range and the following check point. Message repeat."

Blackstar shook hir head. Ion storms were a pain, because they should be avoided at all costs. A level 5 was to strong for most craft in the race to even think about passing through.

Shi contined past the boundry for the shooting range and found hirself under heavy attack, ducking, diving, and pulling all sorts of manuvers to avoid their fire. Shi got confirmation that shi hit the checkpoint and headed out. Just before shi passed the boundry line and while the Warp drive was in the middle of activating, the Dream took a strong hit and shi found hirself flying about the cabin. Shi picked hirself up from the floor in a state of shock. The primary controls were offline, as were several secondary systems, but the one that concerned hir the most was the warp drive. It was now damaged beyond hir ability to repair. As the Boslic frieghter passed hir sensor range Blackstar knew that the attack was deliberite.

On the Boslic frieghter...

"Captain, what was the deal with attacking that ship? We could've lost the race."
The Boslic female smiled and said, "As far as you're concerned it was an eyesore. Shi was activating hir warp drive, so hir shuttle probably was destroyed by the gravity waves."

Blackstar began continuing at impulse, not willing to give up, but shi knew if shi didn't come up with something fast shi'd lose for sure. "hmm...computer bring up a map of this system and the ion storm." The ion storm now passed through the most direct route to the next checkpoint, but it continued on to a planet a few hundred kilometers away. "The perfect postition for a slingshot. Computer, reroute all power not being used for essential systems or impulse to the sheild regenerators. Set course for that ion storm."

News broadcast...
"and in other news the Chakat's Dream's Warp drive was disabled in the Shooting range. Wait...this says it's heading for the Ion storm? Is this a typo? No? This guy must be out of his mind!"
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

"Cheshire's Grin" cut along the outer rim of the sun. Jag and Cech furiously typing away on their consoles.

"Look at us we're in the rear third, and now you aren't even letting me pilot this thing." Jabbers spat at Cech.

"Busy here. Look you're quick but we've gotta manage the gravity and the flair Jag is tracking if we're going to gain some of that back."

"We wouldn't be so far behind if you hadn't insisted on going around the asteroid belt. I could have done it you know."

"No I don't *know*, even though I'll admit you got pretty good in the simulations. Plus we were still working on getting all systems back to full after the plasma conduit burst back in the ion cloud, we're going to need warp all too soon.

Speaking of which I'm showing that systems are on line but temperatures are getting too high back there. How are you two doing."

"Some like it hot!" Yelled Bosk as his mighty form held up a section of the ceiling.

"Uh, we've about got it under control Cech." Yelled Laren as she worked to fuse the ceiling and plasma conduit back into place.

"Good job you two. And look on the bright side Jabbers," Cech said as they moved in toward the nebula and he pulled up the long range sensors on the science module. "Wait for it.......there! See the first racer is out of the nebula, so they found the checkpoint, and probably got their directly, we just need to follow their signature to get through. I'll keep tabs on any racers that get out before we get in."

"But we're never going to catch up." Mumbled Jag.

"Don't count on it. We're best on the striaghtaways, like at the end, also we're not getting blasted like the others, they're going to be limping.

Upon crossing into the shooting range it seemed the nebular manuver had been too successful and they were in the front middle of the pack and getting battered. An exploding console sent Cech sprawling into Jag.

Jabbers hands moved like a blur as he shifted weapons control to himself and reiforced the shields. "You just made this cow angry." Not fighting the inertia of the ship jabbers stopped pushing the side thrusters and let it slamsideways into an Andoran craft. That side shielded he punched it while diverting all power to the shields on that side and firing away at anything that looked at them funny. Eventually clearing the zone and then swatting the Andorans away with a barrel roll.

After a bit the rest of the crew regained their barrings. "Wow, nice flying Jabbers." said Cech as he got back into his seat.

Now get us through that storm at top speed and lets see if we can't pull this thing off. The rest of us will try and keep this bucket togther. You just get us there first.

Jabbers smiled and nodded.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

News broadcast...

"This is amazing, after surviving the Ion Storm the Chakat's Dream preformed a slingshot manuvour and somehow brought it's warp field back up. They've caught up to the Boslic frieghter, "Glawdana", and have latched a tractor beam on it. Believe it or not, that is legal! But it turns out that dumping you're ship's waste withen five meters isn't legal. Go figure. Not that it has a bearing on the Dream's situation, I just thought it was interesting."

The female Boslic freighter captain slammed her fist. "How many lives does that pussycat have?!"

"Should we shake them off ma'am?"

The captian nodded.

On the Dream, Blackstar tighted hir tractor beam's focus so that it only 'tractored' a small section of the frieghter's hull, toward's the frighter's bow. As the freighter's bow pulled away from the Chakat's Dream the ship's hull couldn't handle the stress of the entire weight of the Chakat's Dream, and the Glawdana's hull breached creating a secondary explosion that sent it into a spin, the rear of the ship hitting the Dream from behind. The Dream was still spinning as it passed the finishing line. Followed by the barely stable Glawdana.

The captian glared at the screen where the Dream was finally stopping it's spin. "Target weapons on that ship, and destroy it."

"We can't ma'am."

"Why not? Because of some silly rule book?!" demanded the captain.

"No, Ma'am. Because the weapons were knocked out."

The captain slammed her fist again. "Tell the race commision to send our winnings directly to our account. Then take us out of here.

News broadcast
"In an unbelievable finish the Chakat's Dream came across the finishing line first making them the winner! The first time a rookie has won this race."
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

The Pride's crew was suprised as Blackstar ran onto the bridge covered in various parts that looked like they belonged in engineering. "Gunny, get everyone back on board ASAP. Tally, get that cloak ready. We're leaving ASAP."

"Why?" asked Talora.

"I got information that the Boslic frieghter will be meeting up with Kortaga. I'm heading down to engineering and helping that engineer of ours prepare for some high-speed long-range travel. We'll be following under cloak. Well don't just stand there, get on it!" Blackstar ran down out just like that. Only 2 hours later the Starbolt's Pride departed.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Talora sat staring at the panel in engineering, looking over the tachyon displacement field of the cloaking device. The fluctuations were pretty high, if this were a warbird, then she'd be leaking tachyons like her nacelle had gone up, but on a vessel of this size, it was not a huge problem.

Still to high for my liking Talora thought to herself. She was taking it in turns to maintain the cloak with Ti'Val. It wasnt an overly ardueous task. But the mind-numbing boredom got to you after a while. It was so great that Talora had even resorted to playing a human game named "Tetris" in the next panel.

The doors of engineering slid open, and Ti'Val walked through grasping a mug imprented with a rather cute looking Romulan O'harieehf cat. Her favourite mug. Talora stared at it and smellt the tea. the caffeine was beckoning her.

"Oi, get your eyes away from my tea. My turn anyway, you can go and get yourself some." She said as Talora closed down the tetris, which showed a score of 15,971, and left her seat.

"have fun!" She called back as she left engineering.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

When Blackstar mentioned Kortaga's name, Gunny continued to tremble slightly but the glassy look in his eyes was replaced by a cold, hard glint. "Aye, skip," he said, and strode from the bridge with a steadier gait than he had had in a while. He swept up a couple of crew and barked orders to them to patch up the shuttles that had been damaged in the race. Conscious of Jacob's desire to contribute, Gunny stopped by the spacer's new quarters and asked him to oversee the securing of the hold and breaking out supplies and equipment.

Now underway, Gunny visited sick bay. Silvertail was just putting Starbolt down for a nap; shi turned quickly, surprised to see Gunny, and motioned him into hir office. Gunny sat silent for a moment, and then said, "I can count on you to keep something just between us, right?"

"Of course," replied Silvertail. "Doctor-patient privilege is part of my basic personality profile."

"Right. Good. Uh..." Gunny stammered for a moment, and then began to explain. He explained everything - watching Kelinda die; torturing Diego; the increased drinking; the overuse of the stimulants he'd collected over years in the field; the theft of drugs from sick bay. "Can you help?" he finally asked plaintively.

"I can't make everything go away," said Silvertail, "but I can give you something to help your body clean itself up. Just have to run a quick scan first."

The hologram began to sweep a tricorder over Gunny's body, then stopped and frowned with the instrument poised over the right side of Gunny's chest. "You have an-"

"An old... war wound," Gunny interrupted. "Still just between us, right?"

"If you wish. Here - this will help, but you need to watch yourself." Shi pressed a hypospray to Gunny's neck.

"I will, doc. Thank you. Now, I have to get ready for business."
as Bull offed Custer