Starbolt's Pride Alpha topic

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Blackstar was glad Gunny was willing to give a position of power a shot. Shi figured it would be good to have a former enlisted man in charge. Officers often became arragent and blind with power.

After checking Sally's latest statis report Blackstar retired to the quarters shi shared with Talora. Shi looked in on Starbolt who was sleeping. Hir empathy detecting that she was happy with a full belly, which was a partial relief for hir. While shi did enjoy breastfeeding Starbolt hirself, feeling the pleasure that Starbolt felt at being feed as well as the feelings of pleasure shi got from feeding hir, the downside to breastfeeding was that Starbolt was a, well...she was a nibbler.

Not spotting hir pillows on the couch, Blackstar hoped that meant Talora wasn't mad with hir. Blackstar stripped down to hir birthday suit, prefering that over hir uniform or other outfits when in the privacy of hir quarters. Shi walked into the shared bedroom where shi found hir mate in a troubled sleep. Blackstar slipped into bed snuggling up to Talora.

"Blacky, is that you?"

"Of coarse."

"You don't think I'd really betray you do you?" asked Talora.

"No. But I'd love you even if you did," said Blackstar. "That's what being a mate is about. Being able to forgive each other for their faults." Blackstar's tail wrapped around Talora's waist, bringing her a little closer so that Blackstar was able to kiss her.
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Jabbers would pad into Engineering eventually, looking around and giving approving little nods... before looking up at the core, eyes going wide. "...I... wow..." He began... before grinning widely, having the cutesy, wide eyes of a kid of a candy store, pulling off the anime-cutesy look that only catboys like Caitians could manage. "...I LIKE this room." He snickered, holding up one of his paws, something odd strapped to his glove in the palm... which would flash, before being concealed once more when he re-curled his fingers, making his way over to the control consoles - and Cech, clapping a paw on his shoulder.

"Wooow... you never told me you had such nice toys, Cech! Hehehe, can i play with it? Please?"
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

"Fix it. Just great. Alright Sally lets get to work on figuring out what we can do with power reroutes."

Cech was starting to work on the problem when Jabber walked in.

"Um. Play no. This is the "we all die in a fireball" section of the ship. And I'm still not sure how reliable and stable the uprated core is. And it looks like these systems saw a bit of use before the mods to boot."

The Caitain proceded to do this weird thing with his eyes.

Cech sucked down the stick in one looooong thoughtful draw.

"Hey. Here's something. In case you didn't notice your room leaves a little something to be desired. That doesn't make me to confident about the galley unless they're planning to replicate stuff, or the rest of the ship.

How about you figure out what all we need, figure out what we can get from the station, and get approval. "

The Caitian seemed torn.

"Look this way you'd have a shot at picking the decorations and food quality, and maybe some other stuff."

Jabbers perked up at that and set off.

"Hurm. Practical matters I'd almost forgotten about that."

Sally pull up diagnostics for the ship and what maintenence status is for the systems.

Cech eyed through everything. Fingers typing on one screen while staring at the first. "We're gonna be busy."

Pretty soon Cech had written up maintenence datails for most of the crew. And was tempted to have the cook spend the time purging the impulse manifold but thought better of it.

Alright Sally lets get these orders out.

Shortly after a Human and a Bajoran found Bossk in the Galley where he was holding himself to only drinking a little too much.

The Bajoran stepped forward. "Alright we're supposed to align and tighten a lose plasma coil. You're supposed to grab a big wrench. "

Elsewhere a nervous Bolian looked across the main shuttlebay at Sekhot glancing down at his PADD with orders to purge the impulse manifolds and a perform number of other tasks with Sekht.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"Bossk can do more than grab a big wrench. I can hold wrenches, hammers, screw drivers, bolt tighteners, Biscut Joiner, Belt Sander, Tile saw, Band Saw, bow saw, chain saw, circular saw... I love to saw... Disc Sander, jigsaw, drill, Lathe, Nail gun, rotary tool, jointer, welder..." The Gorn smiled to the human and Bajoran showing off a row of razor teeth. "I know my tools... but you asked me to use a wrench... like a monkey wrench... you calling me a monkey?" Bossk stood up in front of the two acting like he took offense. "Gorns have good sense of humor, no?" He laughs and pats one of them on the back, causing him to stumble. "Let me get my wire cutters, and sheers and we'll screw that nail into the tile gawk." He followed the pair out the door.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Gunny finished stalking around the ship and returned to the bridge. He was a bit tired of just checking that all the work assignments were "buttoned up" and proceeding apace, but he did have to admit that Cech's ability to divide and delegate the work was working very well. In fact, only once was Gunny even needed to actually break out a tool and do some work himself.

After giving his report to the skipper - "warp 6.5 available for continued use, standby on increased speeds" - Gunny wandered down to the shuttlebay. Firing up the skimmer which sat next to the Myrmidon, he began to run a few onboard diagnostics as well as external scans. Perhaps that Ferengi had been suitably scared, after all... the thing needed to have its AG repellers re-aligned, and the manifolds blown out, but there were no real problems to speak of. He set the onboard computer to forcing juice through the manifolds - and monitoring them for any problems - while he began aligning the repellers and directional static field generators. Afterwards, he took a break to have a beer from the Myrmidon's replicator and to read a datafile he had stored earlier.

After a few minutes of thoughtful reading, Gunny crossed over to the intercom. "Mr. Sekhot? Could you join me in the shuttlebay if you're available? I have some questions about Laithan technology... especially the chain gun or APF-type, or some other variant of your light armor weaponry..."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Talora walked into the small sickbay built into a modular compartment, looking over the beds. Simple, medium grade Biobeds. Capable of dealing with most injuries. But some of the more complex neurological procedures wouldn't be possible. If necessary She could use the state-of-the-art system on the S'Tei.
She sat down at the desk, turning on the square display. She started looking through the medical files of the crew. She would need to know the medical stats of the crew in order to deal with any emergencies that came up. She started with Blackstars. She had taken a course in hir physiology but wanted to check for anything unusual. And to check the psychological report. To see if shi was a suitable mate. And shi was. Loyal. Fiercely protective. all good qualities.
she then began looking through all the data. It was all relatively normal, as normal as a Intra-species database could get, until she reached Mr. Sehkot's file. It was devoid of information. Only the sketchiest details where in the file. That would not be sufficient for Talora. She wanted Everything. Even what his favourite food was. A very methodical and thorough woman.
she accessed the intra-ship text message system, selected the Cpt.'s office and began typing out a request. for information. She wanted all of Mr. Sehkots details to be reported or for him to give all details she required. She hoped her position as Blackstar's mate would have some leverage. She hated having to use her 'connections' to get information but it was necessary this time. All she had to do is wait. Wait for her message to get through.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Cech sat puffing away agitatedly in the aft torpedo bay. His twitch not getting any better.

>Cech why are you here.

"Ah hello Sally, I guess you really are an AI. Well first of all I really should to a personal check of these systems. And I'm waiting for you to get those simulations done anyway"

He walked over and started a consol running a diagonostic and then started manually looking over some of the casings.

"For another I was kind of hoping that the technical readouts you showed me were lying."

>I assure you that all information presented is accurate. Do you find the ship undergunned?

"Nope. Overgunned."

>I fail to see how one can logically wish there were worse armed.

"Well I can appreciate having good weapons. No question about it. It's not that. It's that it's way too much for a freighter. Too much by far. I'd like to think the captain is just watching out for the crew and all that.

But somebody spent a lot of money to get multiple burst fire systems. I wonder what this ship is really meant to do. And I've got a bad feeling I don't have to wonder to hard.:

Cech stops near one of the torpedos. "Damn it you got some of these from Ferengi"

>All torpedos passed diagnostics.

"Well of course they do. If the Ferengi sold you a spitball in a casing it would still pass diagnostics I'd bet. I mean I know this and I'm not even a trader smuggler person. I've just watched these things bounce off of hulls without detonating or fizzle out in space.

We're going to have to do detailed scans torpedo by torpedo. "

>We do not have time for that before launch.

"We don't have to check them all. Hopefully the captain isn't going to fire off the full armory all at once. We'll just a dozen or so that we trust in the front of the autoloaders."

Cech went over to a panel and dialed up the work crews status. Most teams were moving at the pace he'd guessed. But the Gorns team was ahead.

"I guess his muscel is good for something. And hauling these around could go for some of that. Sally get them down here"

>Sending the request now.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Blackstar yawned as shi walked onto the bridge. It was 0855 and shi was hoping to get underway. Gunny walked up, "engineering is ready, however I'm not sure we should push it far past warp 6.5."

Blackstar yawned, "the manufacturers are just paranoid. I flew a ship like this on Moui at Warp 8 and it was fine." Gunny looked skeptical. "I burned off the paint but that was it."

"Why did you fly through the atmosphere of a planet at warp 8?"

Blackstar shrugged, "it's a long story. Long story short, I needed a huge sonic boom." Under Gunny's stare Blackstar said, "fine, I'll look into it." Turning to the rest of the bridge crew Blackstar said, "it's time we get underway. Retract auto-umbilical, reverse thrusters one-quarter impulse. Bring us to bearing 134 Mark 9, proceed on impulse power until we're at 300,000 kilometers then engage warp drive at Warp Factor 4."

The ship proceed as indicated at an economical warp 4. "Where are we going captain?" asked Gunny.

Blackstar looked down and sighed, "I'm going to hunt down an old friend."
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Jabbers would have been VEEERY busy in the meantime. While the others got to work on the ship, he would have been busy doing what he did best, opening a commlink to every half reasonable trader he could find on the station - as well as any Guild associates that came up when he pinged.

Anyone checking might have thought that he'd bought out half the station and he'd certainly gone rather... overboard. He'd checked out what the Pride's cargo capacity was, took into account private space that would be displaced by purchased goods, sent a request up to the bridge to see if anyone would try and stop him in time... and then spent, a lot. He'd even set up a sort of "mail order" service already, namely bugging anyone who went past to find out what they wanted and then finding it, managing to get his paws on items that crewmembers had even been unable to find before, at cut prices - as well as a few products that definitely fell in the grey area of the law. Because a Merchant's Guild badge opened some very interesting doors indeed. Besides, selling rare stuff to the crew for a cheap price is a good way to make friends quickly. Hehe.

By the time the umbilical cord detached he would be in the mess, leaning back with a grin on his face and his feet propped up in several crates just carried down from the transporter room, relaxing while idly keying in a few more orders into his computer and watching as several more crates of food supplies were being stuffed into storage. "Hrm. Looks like we're casting off... sorry boys." He keyed a termination code into his computer, and comms started shutting down, Jabbers giving a formal greeting for most... and speaking in what seemed to be gibberish to several gentlemen dressed the same as him, the Free Merchant's Guild logo flashing in the corner of their windows. Hmm. Not a bad little profit margin, he got today...
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Bossk and his team had finally finished with the plasma relays by the time the ship got underway. "That was fun." Bossk smiles having enjoyed getting his hands dirty.

When he got back to his quarters he recieved a message from Cech on his personal padd, supplied by his new boss. "Oh, torpedo checking. That sounds fun too." Bossk said and made his way towards the armory.

"Okay, if you can do this without making a big hole in the ship, let's give this a try." Cech told Bossk as the Gorn entered.

"Gorn are a very gentle spefies. Spethis. Species." Bossk told the sceptical looking Cech and carefully grabbed a torpedo from the rack in the armory and lowered it down so Cech could check its internals.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

It took some effort but eventually Bossk got the hang of proper torpedo management. He could be competent once he got into the swing of things.

Time flew as the tubes were loaded with good torpedos. The worst torps weer put into a corner and the debatable ones were stuffed in the back of the line. The middle of the queue was still untested when the subtle tremers of a ship disengaging moved through the ship.

"Ah we're moving out. I gotta go. "

Cech bolted towards the turbolift. barely avoiding plowing into some humans moving a grav lift piled with stuff through a hall.

"Geez that's a lot of stuff. I guess the command crew gave Jabbers some room to work with."

Cech burst into main engineering. And then breathed a sigh of relief as he saw that the ship was only set to do warp 4.

"Whew. " After catching his breath and having a few more puffs Cech moved off to the bridge. Not because it was any easier to go through the simulations there, actually probably slightly more distracting. But Cech wanted to know what was going on. And wanted to make sure what was going on wasn't going to blow the ship. He still didn't trust most of the systems. He flicked through the personel files.

"Crewman Ekkard. Report to main engineering. You're in charge of monitoring the warp core. Cech out."

Cech then went to the bridge, nodded to anyone who gave him a look and sat down in the engineering station. And then started rifling through the simultions, incoming reports from the work crews, and occasionally playing a simulated game of three dimensional chess. Flipping between the three as each lost his interested or needed a pause to wait for something.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Talora danced into the bridge, attracting a certain amount of notice. She stood behind Blackstar, looking out into the starfield on the viewscreen. The stars were beautiful...glorious even....But so was everything. she bent down and gave Blackstar a kiss on hir cheek. Shi turned, looking confused...
"your in a good mood....what have you done?"
"Nothing...nothing notable anyway...Just a happy mood..." Talora bent closer and whispered in hir ear. "When your ready...I'm in the mood."
Blackstar looked shocked...not from the concept but from Talora's open behavior....Talora bounced over to the unused console, sat down and accessed a random history database. she had time to kill, until someone told her to do something...she had managed to get out of doing anything noteable.
"Tally...one, you are freaking me out today and two...perhaps you could do a sensor sweep, using the advanced sensors on your shuttlecraft?"
"Internal or external?"
"Internal. Then external if possible."
"Sure," Talora replied, beaming. She accessed the control systems of the S'tei and enabled the sensors. And keyed in a tachyon scan.
::::INITIATE SCAN::::

And it began.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Gunny finished his beer as Jabbers appeared in the shuttlebay followed by a parade of longshoremen. "You can't leave that crap here!" cried Gunny as Jabbers began directing the men to stow the merchandise they were carrying. "This is a functioning shuttlebay, not your damn linen closet!"

"These are all goods and supplies I've procured for the Pride, Mr., er..."

"Call me Gunny." Jabbers raised an eyebrow at that, but Gunny continued, "Anyhow, I'm glad you got everything that the skipper wanted - and then some, by the looks of it - but you can't stow that stuff here. Captain Blackstar has converted a small part of Cargo One into an armory/shop." As Jabbers' eyes lit up at the promise of new toys, Gunny said, "Forget it. It's biometrically keyed, and I'll snap your spine like a dry twig if I catch you messing with it. What I was saying was, you can use the rest of Cargo One and all of Cargo Two for stowage; put the trade goods in Three and Four. By the way, are you actually doling out necessities? I want a field kit - heater, e-tool, medkit, comm, the works."

"Well, 'Gunny,' most people are looking for wants rather than needs, and I have quite a few things that you might appreciate," said Jabbers smoothly.

"Listen to me, cub," growled Gunny, "when you're staking out an encampment over two cold nights, or you have to hold a position until who-knows-when, you'd trade any amount of drugs, booze, limbic stimulators, even fresh food for a decent blanket, an e-tool to make some shelter, and a heater. Trust me; I been there."

"OK, OK, I'll get a full field kit in a rucksack together for you," said Jabbers. "And since you don't need luxuries, I'll see if I can find another buyer for these cigars..."

"Hold on there, friend! Did you say 'cigars,' as in 'Terran tobacco cigars?' Now set down a minute and let's talk some more..."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Jabbers gave a Cheshire cat grin, rubbing his paws together. "Mm. Why, yes I did. And Zuban cigars, too... Would you be interested?" His tail would give a little twitch behind him as he gave a nod for the men to start stowing stuff away in the indicated cargo bay, as Jabbers pulled up a chair to talk turkey with his new friend Gunny... shrugging off the massive backpack from his back and setting it down beside him.

"And, don't worry... I share your sentiments about the bear necessities." He leant over the table a little, steepling his fingers. While the Caitian wasn't wearing his breather anymore, it WAS still clipped to his side... and his backpack looked like one of those massive survival ones, the kind that's almost as big as you are. And it looked like it was equipped for space, rather than planetary, survival...

"...Though.. I'd like to point out... that once said necessities are appropriated, a dose of limbic stimulators and good food a day helps keep the Eightballs at bay. Hehe." He smirked... before leaning back again, getting a PADD out of his pocket and poking at it a few times with his claw to bring up his inventory.

"Now... what can I interest you in?"
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

While he knew he should focus on his work Cech couldn't help be keep paying attention to what else is going on. Damn it, special sensors. Cech hated not knowing everything that is going on in a ship he's keeping together. But figured that it wasn't his place to try hacking a console to see what is up.

Of course bridges always have such open floorplans....Cech made his way over to the environmental control console and started a couple diagnostics to make sure the backup fusion generators were working right and could keep systems fuctioning in case of an emergency where the main systems go down.

But his eyes strayed for a brief moment. At first he was paniced at the results. Taloras screen showed higher than usual residual Tachyon concentrations not only around the Romulan ship, which would be expected, but also in a section of the Pride. Cech figured Talora was about to sound an alarm and send them off to insestigate a possible cloak onboard or space time disturbance.

But no in a few moments Talora chirped that everything was fine and wincked at Blackstar while she said "fine."

Cech went back to his console. "Great, I wonder what else they've got stowed on this ship I don't know about yet. This cannot be helping my twitch."