Starbolt's Pride Stats

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

sunnyside wrote:Hey Blackstar. Could you give some info on what is or is not in your ship?

For example do you have any crew in there already or did it just start off with the Daystrom squad, thrall, and Sally?

Also any comments on the presence or quality of things like sickbay, holodecks, science labs, industrial replicators, etc.

Or is the policy in things like this to not lay out stuff like that and instead wait until it comes up to decide?

I'd be inclined to lay it out mostly, possibly even with a deckplan. But I'm new at this format.
Well, let's see. A small sickbay maybe two or three biobeds. A single holosuit. I doubt there would be any science labs as a civilian/mercenary vessel would have little use for anything more the a lab for sickbay purposes. I don't think there'd be any industrial replicators. Since two were sufficiant to help the Bajorans and 12 for the Cardassian Empire after the Klingon invasion, I doubt a civilian ship could afford one.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

That sounds good to me.

Any pre-existing crew?

And I guess I don't neccesarily mean "class four industrials". I just mean the bigger honking replicators some fed ships must carry to make bigger bits like shuttle frames and large conduits after battle damage.

(I.e. is the ship equiped to make big things or does it just have something more like a

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Replicating_center

So that if we want bigger things we'd have to assemble and weld and the like. (Personally I like the idea of replication being an expensive, hard, precious antimatter consuming thing to do hence the need to ship self sealing stem bolts instead of just whistling them up at home).
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

(Personally I like the idea of replication being an expensive, hard, precious antimatter consuming thing to do hence the need to ship self sealing stem bolts instead of just whistling them up at home).
I'd go with that myself, especially considering our somewhat hand-to-mouth situation.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I suppose a replicator or two might be larger then the average food replicator, but a machine shop is more likely for crafting replacement parts not already in stock.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:I suppose a replicator or two might be larger then the average food replicator, but a machine shop is more likely for crafting replacement parts not already in stock.
Sounds good to me. Fed ships have more, but I figure that even steamrunner sized ships are the equivalents of the multi-billion dollar ships we see in the armed forces today that cost hundreds of millions to run. So some highly expensive replicators can just be written off.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Since I worked it out for consistency I figured I should post the inside of Cechs ship.

For cockpit module I went with the non "tactical" version that has the forward transporter

For the module I went with a "science" one trying to get the main stuff for a basic general purpose science type lab (such as shown in the follwing pic I believe this is from voyager. So it's got field contained sample storage, the main circular science table, smaller science tables(probably a standard sensor cluster over that area), some consols, the small holosim, and the replicator unit.

The spot that has the transporter in the tacitcal version has, I believe been used for a lot. This one has the scientific and general equipment storage there along with the EVO suits in the side locker.

The rear is the standard crew quarters.
I presume they're rigged in a science version for giving the equivalent of a powerpoint presentation somehow displaying on the rear wall.

I will give the feds credit for packing a lot into 23 meters but speed and packing stuff in is what the Federation is good at.

Does that seem reasonable?

Also the cart 'o stuff Cech took would be in the crew compartment in a rear corner of the crew section probably next to the consol not the food replicator. (If company were around Cech would try to sit closer to it.)
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Figured i should post here. Any thoughts on what should be doable with the ship? I.e. what warp it should be able to run at without trouble,

what warp we can do by rerouting weapons system power to the overtaxed SIF.

what warp it should be able to run at without structural failure but will feel like riding a mechanical bull,

what warp would be slow breaches that we might be able to keep up with using Trek style engineering

and finally how long the ship can go at full tilt.

I figure if we actually get into spacedock with a pile of latinum we could try to overhaul things to improve things a lot. Gives us something to look forward to. But what about in the meantime?

The precident for it is with the defiant, which was already known for having a powerful SIF and was only kicking it up to 9.5 (which it managed by powering down the phasers and their reserves much to Worfs distress) . So I don't know that the problem is simply a matter SIF strength but, what makes more sense to me, is that it's a matter of how "warp aerodynamic" a ship is (which can be countered somewhat by just being big and heavy). Voyager with a weaker field than the defiant but is able to clip along four times faster without so much as a jitter.