TR-116

Deep Space Nine
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

Teaos wrote:I believe transporting into a ship is generally very hard especially when in combat.

Thus you need to get into the right situation to achive it. Get their sheilds down and any jamming device.

I also imagin if the Federation is seen to use this in combat the other powers would find ways to block it. Just like the Federation finding ways around the cloak.

And I believe Torpedoes class as kenetic weapons.

But yes the whole point of this is to skip the armor and do damage right to the places that will criple the ship.
Sure, but even just getting one souped up quantum torpedo inside the cube's vulnerable interior would do some mondo damage. Even if it only worked once, given how hard it is for Federation fleets to destroy a single cube, it would be worth it, no matter how difficult.

And I don't pay much attention to Voyager's dealings with the Borg, because they made me sick:

"Captain, Borg cube approaching!"
"Quick, activate the super polaron psychic feedback beam!"
"It worked, Captain, Borg cube destroyed!"

*vomits*
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

True and I wonder why it hasn't happened more often.

But Voyager does have the advantage of a ex drone who knows how to fight them. Still they do under play the collective.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Perhaps it was a minor vulnerability that the borg corrected later on?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

That would make sense. Borg arn't very proactive. They learn from mistakes so you can out smart them once but not the same way again.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It would certainly explain why Voyager didn't try that tactic again.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

Rochey wrote:It would certainly explain why Voyager didn't try that tactic again.
I second that. Also, it depended on a variety of circumstances, including the probe being tricked into lowering their shields, and being too slow to disarm it. So it probably wouldn't even work on a bigger ship, and certainly not now that they know about the tactic.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It could be a usefull ambush tactic.
An enemy vessel is flying around, shields down, transport a torpedo beside the warp core with a very short fuse.
Boom.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

While that does seem like a good tactic I can't see the Federation doing something so sneaky unless they had to ie Dominion war.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Thats what it was planned for.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

100th post in this thread and Rochey is promoted again!

Yeah I don't think they could use it normally for would want to.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:D
Woo hoo! Another promotion!
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

Rochey wrote::D
Woo hoo! Another promotion!
Congrats! Now I have to call you "Sir" again....for now.... :shock: :D
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Thats right, bow before me puny ensigns! And lieutenatn J.G.
Mwahahahahah!

Ahem
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

So it's true. Power DOES corrupt.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Absolute power corupts absolutely.

But its also really cool. :)