Dawn of War III!!!

LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Dawn of War III!!!

Post by LaughingCheese »

So I posted this earlier in the Computer forum but I figured it couldn't hurt to x-post here:

Dawn of War 3 is happening!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

That may just be a prerendered cinematic but:

Our biggest units ever? Check. Giant orbital lasers? Check. Base-building, epic heroes, huge battles, it's all in there," claimed Relic's Stephen MacDonald in a statement.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/05/w ... s-trailer/
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Dawn of War III!!!

Post by Atekimogus »

Is it just me or do the space marines in that trailer look completely wrong and out of proportion? The look more like eldar...long and thin......not a fan of this art-style to be honest.

Comparing the intro trailers....in Dawn of War they had the proportions of the table top models, Dawn of War2 actually got it right and now we have these strange looking space marines.

Now don't get me wrong...the Imperial Knight was cool ..... but the space marines looked absolutely wrong to me. I mean they had all the right components but everything is strangely scaled...they are far to thin and drawn out, their backups are to small and sitting to high etc. etc. etc.

Looking forward to the game...but the art direction is nothing I am looking forward to.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Dawn of War III!!!

Post by LaughingCheese »

Atekimogus wrote:Is it just me or do the space marines in that trailer look completely wrong and out of proportion? The look more like eldar...long and thin......not a fan of this art-style to be honest.

Comparing the intro trailers....in Dawn of War they had the proportions of the table top models, Dawn of War2 actually got it right and now we have these strange looking space marines.

Now don't get me wrong...the Imperial Knight was cool ..... but the space marines looked absolutely wrong to me. I mean they had all the right components but everything is strangely scaled...they are far to thin and drawn out, their backups are to small and sitting to high etc. etc. etc.

Looking forward to the game...but the art direction is nothing I am looking forward to.

Could it be different from the trailer? I've never really followed a game very closely from trailer to launch, how indicative is a cinematic pre-rendered trailer to the final product?