Rumours, news and general speculation

Discovery
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rumours, news and general speculation

Post by Graham Kennedy »

DarkMoineau wrote:Ok so the team doing Discovery is conscious to have upset fans and try to "synchronise" canon by doing more shits...

I am sure they are going to say it's all fault of the Augment virus ^^
At this point, I am largely past caring what they do.

To quote the eight deadly words coined Dorothy Jones Heydt... "I don't care what happens to these people."
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:The rumour circulating is that they're going to claim that the Klingons as a species often try to assimilate DNA from other races to improve themselves and make themselves better warriors.
Even in a reboot, I would hate that idea for Klingons, the most established Star Trek alien species. This sounds like some Borg shit to be honest.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So CBS is being officially sued over the tardigrade stuff.

I must say, he seems to have a fairly compelling case.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

a rather strange and weak complaint, according to this editorial and i agree.

http://trekzone.org/1701/201808232512
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

They maybe try to settle a financial agreement....
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

https://deadline.com/2018/09/star-trek- ... 202468411/

‘Star Trek: Short Treks’ Set At CBS All Access Ahead Of ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Return
The Star Trek franchise is expanding on CBS All Access. The streaming service has announced Star Trek: Short Treks, four stand-alone short stories that will begin rolling out on Thursday, October 4 ahead of the early 2019 Season 2 return of Star Trek: Discovery.

Descriptions and premiere dates of the four installments as well as a preview clip follow below.

Runaway – Thursday, Oct. 4
Onboard the U.S.S. Discovery, Ensign Tilly (Mary Wiseman) encounters an unexpected visitor in need of help. However, this unlikely pair may have more in common than meets the eye.
Written by Jenny Lumet & Alex Kurtzman. Directed by Maja Vrvilo.

Calypso – Thursday, Nov. 8
After waking up in an unfamiliar sickbay, Craft (Aldis Hodge) finds himself on board a deserted ship, and his only companion and hope for survival is an A.I. computer interface.
Teleplay by Michael Chabon. Story by Sean Cochran and Michael Chabon. Directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi.

The Brightest Star – Thursday, Dec. 6
Before he was the first Kelpien to join Starfleet, Saru (Doug Jones) lived a simple life on his home planet of Kaminar with his father and sister. Young Saru, full of ingenuity and a level of curiosity uncommon among his people, yearns to find out what lies beyond his village, leading him on an unexpected path.
Written by Bo Yeon Kim & Erika Lippoldt. Directed by Douglas Aarniokoski.

The Escape Artist – Thursday, Jan. 3
Harry Mudd (Rainn Wilson), back to his old tricks of stealing and double-dealing, finds himself in a precarious position aboard a hostile ship – just in time to try out his latest con.
Written by Michael McMahan. Directed by Rainn Wilson.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Spin-Off ‘Short Treks’ Not Coming To Netflix
The latest incarnation of the Star Trek franchise is not coming to the UK (at least for now). I’ve learned that Netflix UK has opted not to pick up Star Trek: Short Treks, a new four episode short-form off-shoot of Star Trek: Discovery. A representative for the streaming service confirmed that they will not be distributing the series, which launches state-side on October 4th.

Owing to the fact that Netflix – both in the UK and globally (except in the U.S. and Canada) – serves as the broadcaster for Star Trek: Discovery, they had been expected to pick up the off-shoot. Back in August, CBS Television Studios President David Stapf gave same credence to that expectation when he indicated to Deadline that the streaming service had an option on Discovery spin-offs, but not necessarily stand alone shows such as the upcoming Picard one.

There was some clue that Netflix would not carry Short Treks earlier this week when they released their list of upcoming content for the month of October and the series was not on it. It is not immediately clear if CBS Studios International, who are handling international distribution for both Short Treks and the Untitled Picard Show, are shopping it to other UK buyers.
:shock: :?
Stan - South Park
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

CBS is very talented to piss off fan all around the world.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Rumour had it that Netflix covered pretty much the entire cost of Season 1 Discovery in return for the right to show it outside the US. But they were told they were getting a series true to the spirit of Trek, that fans would embrace and love. They were very angry with when Discovery turned out to be, well, not that - to the point that it's alleged that they had serious talks internally about whether they would refuse to pay.

They didn't do that, but they're not paying nearly as much for season 2. And aren't interested in picking up these at all, it seems.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Do you have source of that?

I would be interested.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

DarkMoineau wrote:Do you have source of that?

I would be interested.
Not an official one. I got it from the Midnight's Edge channel on youtube, which I've found pretty reliable. I've posted there stuff here now and again.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Ok that's interesting and could explain why Netflix would less easily put money on CBS shows... Which could be a good or a bad news for us depending of the way CBS react.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

L'Rell redesign

https://trekmovie.com/2018/10/21/get-a- ... -season-2/
The second season trailer for Star Trek: Discovery released two weeks ago at NYCC revealed a new look for the Klingons, confirming that they now have hair. But it was a brief glimpse. Today during the Destination Star Trek convention being held in Birmingham, UK, CBS released a new image of L’Rell, and now fans can get a better look.
L’Rell 2.0

Here is the new image of Klingon Chancellor L’Rell in Star Trek: Discovery season two.

Graham Kennedy wrote:They'll have tentacles. And four arses each.
Not quite four arses but, four nostrils.
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

The four noses is stupid. What the hell is going on with her neck / cleavage. Is that just clothing or is it supposed to be her skin. :worried: She also appears to have claws.
email, ergo spam
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So instead of Klingorcs, we now have the Hairy Klingorc. Wonderful.