The REAL Star Trek XI Teaser Trailer

The Original Series
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The REAL Star Trek XI Teaser Trailer

Post by DarkOmen »

Here it is y'all, and I apologize for the atrocious quality. I will link to a better one when it is available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ8AKEHTAGs
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Meh. The trailer itself sucks horrificaly. Seriously; I've never seen a more boring trailer.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

Excellent! Here is a official publicity still photo showing the Enterprise:

http://movies.aol.com/movie-photo/star- ... ast-photos

I was searching for a leaked trailer, but now that every tosser with a box set and a computer video editing program thinks it's compulsory to put a "fan made" or "bootleg" trailer on YouTube, I gave up after a couple of minutes, remembering the bother I had trying to find a trailer for the Dark Knight a couple of months back. So thanks for the link, it's made my afternoon.
It looks like the TOS Enterprise, doesn't it? The Bussard collectors look like jet intakes, but presumably haven't had the covers added - and as they where IMO the weakest part of the Original model, I won't cry if they've redesigned them.
I have a good feeling that this film is going to be true to the spirit of the TOS.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

lol... yeah, i was gettin tired of the fan made ones too.. so knowing it was released today with cloverfield, i just searched youtube for Star Trek XI trailer, then sorted by date added, and clicked the one added 2 hrs ago.. Ta Da!!
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

I mostly don't like the implications of their willingness to redesign the Enterprise. Particularly the part where what we've seen so far reminds me of the NX-01 more than anything. What else will they be willing to screw with?

And their scriptwriting team is still terrible.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

It looks like a different paint job. Probably closer to the newer methods seen on the DS9 era Mirandas and the NX-01. Some sort of newer method of painting, that I read about when my father began work on a model of the NX-01. Something about making it look more realistic.
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Well, I suppose partially I'm operating on an assumption. The fronts of those nacelles look like they have the same lumps as that side-view-in-orbit picture we saw earlier.

And I think the E-nil and E-A models have a more realistic-looking hull than the NX-01 ever did. The NX-01 suffered from TV-budget CGI, is the main thing. They never got the interaction with light right.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

The photo looks great, IMO. This looks like they'll stay with the spirit of TOS. I especially like the way some of the bulkheads are incomplete, giving you that "just put together, new captain's chair smell" look.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

The problem with redoing TOS is that it's almost certain that there will be changes to the ship. Only diehard trek fans will accept the old '60's tech designed Enterprise for reasons of continuity; for casual audiences they want something that looks "cool." The way they've done it would please more people than the way we'd have it done.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think it's safe to say that I'm one of the more vocal fans of the Connie on this site, but I wouldn't mind seeing changes made to the ship if they made sense, or improved the look/abilities of the vessel overall.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

The outside is probably redone with the more modern painting techniques that make it look realistic. I'm not sure how they'd modernize the interior and keep it canon. Something tells me the forums are gonna be flooded because of this movie. This will probably be the most upsetting sci-fi movie since the second Star Wars Trilogy came out.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The interior shouldn't be too much of a problem - if the film's set shortly after the E-nil's commissioning then it would hardly be a stretch to pass off differences as the result of a refit. If it's set during the five-year mission, then hopefully they'd have the sense to approximate the original appearance as they did effectively in "Trials and Tribble-ations".
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:The outside is probably redone with the more modern painting techniques that make it look realistic. I'm not sure how they'd modernize the interior and keep it canon. Something tells me the forums are gonna be flooded because of this movie. This will probably be the most upsetting sci-fi movie since the second Star Wars Trilogy came out.
You can see in that trailer that they've changed the shape of the nacelles, too. If it were just applying more detailed texture and lighting techniques, more hull detail to the same ship, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

And yeah, I bet the interior is going to be REALLY bad.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Captain Seafort wrote:The interior shouldn't be too much of a problem - if the film's set shortly after the E-nil's commissioning then it would hardly be a stretch to pass off differences as the result of a refit. If it's set during the five-year mission, then hopefully they'd have the sense to approximate the original appearance as they did effectively in "Trials and Tribble-ations".
I suppose, if the ship was heavily damaged during the movie, as has happened many times in movies, a heavy refit from repairs might explain any differences.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:I suppose, if the ship was heavily damaged during the movie, as has happened many times in movies, a heavy refit from repairs might explain any differences.
Or a simple scheduled refit. Look at the differences between Pike's Enterpris and Kirk's, or between the TOS-Enterprise and the movie-Enterprise.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.