What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by T'Pau »

As the massive Nor'Easter snow/blizzard storm approaches, and the possibility of loss of sat. tv, I am 'acquiring' a few films to watch. Majority are terrible Bruce Willis recent attempts to further tarnish his already questionable acting career....should be magnificent! A couple main stream flicks I haven't gotten around to watching...crap shoot on whether they will be entertaining for good...or massively awful for hilarity. Either way, popcorn and laughs will abound while the wind and snow howl outside.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I'm glad I didn't lose power. I called out of work and hunkered down. Didn't lose power, thankfully. I work the overnight shift at my job 10 PM to 7 AM, eastern standard, so I plowed out the front of my driveway several times during the storm. I made the right call, as when I woke up this afternoon my driveway's entrance was relatively clear, and the rest was simple to clean out. For some of my neighbors? They had a fucking waist-high wall of hardened snow to deal with.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Snow blew through the window and door screens, further blocking the exits..but at least it warmed up slightly and a neighbor cleared a path.

On the BW movie front: American Siege...what a stinker! Doubtful that Deadlock or Fortress will be much better...but with some popcorn, a hot mug of tea and my guy to share laughs with about it all...not a bad way to spend a Sunday!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Fortress...oh no, it has TWO sequels on the horizon...BW phones it in over and over!
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

My annual 'made it through another holiday season in retail' vacation approaches!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Got my vax booster...and boy do I feel yucky! The other 2 jabs were easy peasy, a sore arm for a day or so and done. This one is kicking my butt! Nausea, chills, can't lift my arm barely at all, joint aches..yucky! Doc said the new batches of booster are mixed pre-shipment, instead of being mixed on site. So no telling what kind of preservatives and other junk is in it. Also said I might get swollen lymphatic tissue on the same side as the jab. Some new hell to look forward to. Better than getting Covid, to be sure....but this sucks in all the not so nice ways!!!

Ok, done whining. Back to sleep.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

T'Pau wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:06 pm Got my vax booster...and boy do I feel yucky! The other 2 jabs were easy peasy, a sore arm for a day or so and done. This one is kicking my butt! Nausea, chills, can't lift my arm barely at all, joint aches..yucky! Doc said the new batches of booster are mixed pre-shipment, instead of being mixed on site. So no telling what kind of preservatives and other junk is in it. Also said I might get swollen lymphatic tissue on the same side as the jab. Some new hell to look forward to. Better than getting Covid, to be sure....but this sucks in all the not so nice ways!!!

Ok, done whining. Back to sleep.
Which one did you get?

I have to get Moderna. I remember the 2nd shot gave me a super aching dead arm. Plus some joints aches.

My booster is up or already. Not looking forward to it. My cousin got his butt kicked by it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Pfizer, for all three so far.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Its is quite possibly a good sign that your immune system is actually still activated good from the prior jabs. PITA though, hopefully it won't last too long.
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

My first two shots knocked me out, but my booster wasn't too bad. Just a sore arm and a little bit tired.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

So, Friday I get a call from my stepmother. My dad had to go to the hospital with severe abdominal pain. They're not sure what it was, maybe perforated intestine, something wrong with the gall bladder. I'm on pins and needles until Saturday when she calls again. Turns out it was 'just' a gall stone, which might've already passed. God, this weekend's been so damned stressful. I'm just glad my dad's okay.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:28 pm So, Friday I get a call from my stepmother. My dad had to go to the hospital with severe abdominal pain. They're not sure what it was, maybe perforated intestine, something wrong with the gall bladder. I'm on pins and needles until Saturday when she calls again. Turns out it was 'just' a gall stone, which might've already passed. God, this weekend's been so damned stressful. I'm just glad my dad's okay.
Oh. I've had that. Last time, one got lodged in the bile duct. Needed surgery because without bile, I can't digest fat. Removed the entire gallbladder. I haven't been a whole man since the Year of our Lord, 2000.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:28 pm So, Friday I get a call from my stepmother. My dad had to go to the hospital with severe abdominal pain. They're not sure what it was, maybe perforated intestine, something wrong with the gall bladder. I'm on pins and needles until Saturday when she calls again. Turns out it was 'just' a gall stone, which might've already passed. God, this weekend's been so damned stressful. I'm just glad my dad's okay.
So sorry to hear that. Glad it turned out on the better side of things.
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Nutso wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:59 am
Oh. I've had that. Last time, one got lodged in the bile duct. Needed surgery because without bile, I can't digest fat. Removed the entire gallbladder. I haven't been a whole man since the Year of our Lord, 2000.
IanKennedy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:57 pm That sucks and I'm sorry. I'm glad it worked out in the end, at least.
So sorry to hear that. Glad it turned out on the better side of things.
Thanks. We all are at the moment.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

My dad had his gallbladder removed today. Surgery went well, and he'll be home either tomorrow or Saturday.