What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by Captain Seafort »

Nutso wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:36 am
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:43 am I hate April first. I've seen several fake news stories on new Transformer toys for stuff I would buy in a heartbeat.
I avoided Twitter and YouTube yesterday....
AFD on YT can be very good if you know where to look.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Captain Seafort wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:39 pm
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:43 am I hate April first. I've seen several fake news stories on new Transformer toys for stuff I would buy in a heartbeat.
AFD on YT can be very good if you know where to look.
Now that is art!
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Finished off season 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: while overall quite dark, it really did make for the perfect 'end' of the series.
They got an offer from another network for more, and so 2 more seasons followed, more for money than content IMHO.

On a side note: why do blonde super hero types have the penchant to have their magic hammers taken from them by God types?

Onward to season 6 and 7....then backtrack to start Angel from the beginning.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

To quote the Seventh Doctor, "Very wise."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

We're actually off on a holiday tomorrow (vacation for those in the USA). North York Moors, a little village called "Hutton-le-Hole". Odd name but really pretty. Two weeks away from the house, for the first time in more than a year.

email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

IanKennedy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:36 am a little village called "Hutton-le-Hole"
AKA "Hobbiton."
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

:)
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

IanKennedy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:36 am We're actually off on a holiday tomorrow (vacation for those in the USA). North York Moors, a little village called "Hutton-le-Hole". Odd name but really pretty. Two weeks away from the house, for the first time in more than a year.

Have a great time, Ian. :)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I am in the middle of my Aviation mechanic school. I am definitely not going into this blind, a lot of the stuff being taught I already knew or knew the basics.

Anyway it's split into three sections, General, Airframe and Propulsion but a total of 16 blocks. Anyway just completed the sixth block. Non-metallic structures. I got a 94 on the final for that block. The next one is metallic structures which means, bolts, rivets, screws, sheet metal and welding. It should be a fun five weeks.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:13 am I am in the middle of my Aviation mechanic school. I am definitely not going into this blind, a lot of the stuff being taught I already knew or knew the basics.

Anyway it's split into three sections, General, Airframe and Propulsion but a total of 16 blocks. Anyway just completed the sixth block. Non-metallic structures. I got a 94 on the final for that block. The next one is metallic structures which means, bolts, rivets, screws, sheet metal and welding. It should be a fun five weeks.
Ooh, cool! I wish you success with it. Although from what I'm reading doesn't sound like you'll be lost. ;)
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:13 am I am in the middle of my Aviation mechanic school. I am definitely not going into this blind, a lot of the stuff being taught I already knew or knew the basics.

Good luck. That actually sounds like fun, working with your hands.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:17 pm

Good luck. That actually sounds like fun, working with your hands.
I am kinda leaning towards being more airframe than propulsion if given a choice. Probably won't when first hired.

I have 12 years working on/with aircraft. This is a trade school to get my official FAA license. Side benefit is that I can do side jobs for private ownerson their small piston planes if wanted.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Got my tenancy agreement through to move near to my partner (moving to Surrey from Hertfordshire). Also currently putting in a formal complaint against the mental health services, after over two decades of ever-declining services, and a couple of years of atrocious service.

Looking forward to be moving, I know nobody here, and I am always feeling extremely unsafe. I don't go out, and barely able to sleep. Time for a fresh start somewhere new. Can't wait, pick up the keys Wednesday.

And had my second Covid vaccination yesterday (AZ), much better reaction than the first.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Today I put to sleep the 16 year old yellow lab. Up to a year ago he was a remarkably healthy dog with no issues. He was a friendly, outgoing dog though you could say he was a boring dog. He never had a bad bone in his body.

But this past year he dropped from 80 lbs down to the low 50's and couldn't walk without assistence. He was already more or less blind, deaf, mute and his biggest sense, his nose was gone.

He had a good life, a real long one and I happy that it was a healthy one.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Sorry to hear that. It's sad when they go, it sounds like he had a good life.
email, ergo spam