What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by IanKennedy »

Great news. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

IanKennedy wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:31 pm Great news. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Thanks. :)
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

My fella had a 10/10 pain level backache, that sent us to the hospital a few years back...thinking it was cardiac, he passed all the blood tests and other cardiac protocol..in agony with no drug easing his suffering for hours...he was eventually admitted, given an angiogram which was also clear, and no one ever thought to check his gall bladder. After a high fever and no explanation for the symptoms, an intern suggested the possibility of gall bladder...a scan was done, and sure enough, he had a massively infected gall bladder that required heavy antibiotics and a drain for 8wks before surgery could be performed. He's been fine since, without any reactions to what most folks missing the gall bladder have experienced. Scary for sure!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

T'Pau wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:37 pm My fella had a 10/10 pain level backache, that sent us to the hospital a few years back...thinking it was cardiac, he passed all the blood tests and other cardiac protocol..in agony with no drug easing his suffering for hours...he was eventually admitted, given an angiogram which was also clear, and no one ever thought to check his gall bladder. After a high fever and no explanation for the symptoms, an intern suggested the possibility of gall bladder...a scan was done, and sure enough, he had a massively infected gall bladder that required heavy antibiotics and a drain for 8wks before surgery could be performed. He's been fine since, without any reactions to what most folks missing the gall bladder have experienced. Scary for sure!
Ouch! I'm glad the intern was there and he got it fixed!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Last night, I decided to face my fear of yeast dough and started my first batch of no knead bread for my new enameled cast iron Dutch oven. I started the dough at night as it needed 12-18 hours for the slow fermentation to do it's work. Then this morning, I shaped it into a ball, let it rise again and popped it into the oven. Wow..did the house smell awesome while it was baking. It came out looking like bread from a bakery. Courage tastes like freshly baked bread!
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

:) But I'm wondering about the Dutch oven reference. I've come across alternative meanings for that is the US... :oops:
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Le Creuset Dutch Oven, you dirty minded boy :angel1: !ouch) :laughroll:
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

So what have you terrible people been up to in my absence?

Only joking; no one will remember me anyway 🤣.

Just thought I'd drop in and say, 'hi'. I wonder how many of the people I remember will still be active on the board?

I was thinking of you all recently while thinking (just thinking) about watching S2 of Picard. I've given up on Discovery after S3, and S1 Picard left me a little, 'this isn't really Star Trek any more, is it?''.

How are you all, anyway?
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Season 2 of Picard isn't really up to much, yet I put myself through it nonetheless. I am unable to watch any more of Discovery (seen three seasons) as it is not available in the UK, and even when it is, I will never pay for a Paramount subscription as I don't have the funds.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

thelordharry wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:50 pm So what have you terrible people been up to in my absence?

Just thought I'd drop in and say, 'hi'. I wonder how many of the people I remember will still be active on the board?

I was thinking of you all recently while thinking (just thinking) about watching S2 of Picard. I've given up on Discovery after S3, and S1 Picard left me a little, 'this isn't really Star Trek any more, is it?''.

How are you all, anyway?
I think I remember you. Hi!

I work the overnight shift at my job, now. Two years going on. It's... interesting. Kinda had to move there, had customers threatening me because the store I work at ran out of toilet paper.
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:05 pm Season 2 of Picard isn't really up to much, yet I put myself through it nonetheless. I am unable to watch any more of Discovery (seen three seasons) as it is not available in the UK, and even when it is, I will never pay for a Paramount subscription as I don't have the funds.
The problem with contemporary sci-fi is that it's stuck in this horrible place where it seems to have no ideas of its own. It has to constantly pay tribute to what came before because it's too frightened to try and try and make it on its own. I blame Disney :D
to have succeeded.”
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:27 pm
thelordharry wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:50 pm So what have you terrible people been up to in my absence?

How are you all, anyway?
I think I remember you. Hi!

I work the overnight shift at my job, now. Two years going on. It's... interesting. Kinda had to move there, had customers threatening me because the store I work at ran out of toilet paper.
I remember you too :D . I always used to think of the male lead character in the 'Airplane' films whenever I saw your handle.

Good luck to you, my friend. Any job where you have to deal with the general public is a job that's never paid enough. I can only imagine the puns at work when the toilet paper ran out. Sh*t got real.
to have succeeded.”
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Welcome back. I'm not sure you know that Graham passed away. Just thought I would say before getting into other things.

S1 of Picard was... different. Kinda nice to see the faces back, but.

STD is also pretty poor. I've seen all of it and it's not really getting better.

Good to see you back.
Ian
email, ergo spam
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

IanKennedy wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:37 pm Welcome back. I'm not sure you know that Graham passed away. Just thought I would say before getting into other things.

S1 of Picard was... different. Kinda nice to see the faces back, but.

STD is also pretty poor. I've seen all of it and it's not really getting better.

Good to see you back.
Ian
Thanks Ian.

Yes, I was aware of Graham's passing and left a message on your original announcement thread. I hope you and the family are bearing up ok.

So is it just you holding the proverbial these days, along with your merry band of moderators?
to have succeeded.”
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

thelordharry wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:33 pm

I remember you too :D . I always used to think of the male lead character in the 'Airplane' films whenever I saw your handle.

Good luck to you, my friend. Any job where you have to deal with the general public is a job that's never paid enough. I can only imagine the puns at work when the toilet paper ran out. Sh*t got real.
That's what you thought of? Surely you can't be serious!

And yeah, shit got real. As in folks were directly threatening me over the lack of toilet paper.