What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by IanKennedy »

Sorry you had a bad day. You get that pretty much anywhere these days. I always keep wallets etc in an inside pocket and keep an eye out. Glad you had a good day other than that.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:32 pm Had a day out for my birthday with my best friend, I don't get out much due to mental health. Had a really good day, until this evening in London when I got pickpocketed on the tube. Wallet, cards, ID, everything gone. Thankfully I cancelled all cards via the apps as soon as I noticed and reported them stolen.
Damn, Sorry brother. Glad you canceled everything before any damage could be done.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:32 pm Had a day out for my birthday with my best friend, I don't get out much due to mental health. Had a really good day, until this evening in London when I got pickpocketed on the tube. Wallet, cards, ID, everything gone. Thankfully I cancelled all cards via the apps as soon as I noticed and reported them stolen.
A belated happy birthday. :) massively sucks about the pickpocket. :(
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

My schedule at work is changing for the month of November. Not the hours, but nights I work. So it's not too bad. It's all for Black Friday. Yay. :p
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:05 pmA belated happy birthday. :) massively sucks about the pickpocket. :(
Cheers! That bastard aside, I had a really great day with my best friend. I have discussed the incident with my therapist since.

On the bright side, I recently moved home back to my hometown, and today my old landlord gave me the entire deposit back from the old place (I had expected him to keep about 1/3 of it), I got a letter from my old council to tell me they owe me money in overpaid council tax, and my new sofas arrived, so my flat is looking pretty well furnished and set up now :)
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

One nasty event, hopefully offset by a good move and a couple of bits of good luck. Hope you are enjoying your new flat.
email, ergo spam
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Cheers. Yes, I love it.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

I've begun building a massive Lego Hulkbuster (4000+ bricks, with room inside for the Iron Man of the same series) and I'm having a great, if frustrating, time so far. Some of the directions are back-assward in sooo many ways when they could be accomplished easier differently. I have already built every 'hulkbuster' they make, as it was my favorite Marvel image of all the films...can't explain why exactly. This will take some time, and some bad words screamed at no one along the way...still really looking forward to the adventure and outcome!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

T'Pau wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:38 pm I've begun building a massive Lego Hulkbuster (4000+ bricks, with room inside for the Iron Man of the same series) and I'm having a great, if frustrating, time so far. Some of the directions are back-assward in sooo many ways when they could be accomplished easier differently. I have already built every 'hulkbuster' they make, as it was my favorite Marvel image of all the films...can't explain why exactly. This will take some time, and some bad words screamed at no one along the way...still really looking forward to the adventure and outcome!
Holy crap, that sounds huge! Could you please post pics of it when it's finished?
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Just had my Autumn Covid-19 Booster. Was supposed to have it last week but postponed due to unrelated health issues. At least it's done now.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:24 pm Just had my Autumn Covid-19 Booster. Was supposed to have it last week but postponed due to unrelated health issues. At least it's done now.
I hope it doesn't hit you too hard. But good on you for getting it. :)
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I'm getting my covid booster and my flu jab tomorrow.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

My air conditioner isn't working. I got central air and right now if I close my windows the place doesn't cool down like it should.

Drain lines are clear and the thermostat does work. I am hoping that I can find a obvious and zero dollar way of fixing it.

Before anyone asks, right now the temperature is hovering in the low 60's and it is tolerable to just have the windows open when I sleep. I rather know that if I have to, to have the money to spend on a new unit come Spring.

My unit right now is due for a replacement anyway. It's an older unit, one that have I have worked on before. Would not surprise me that this is the time it fails for the last time.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:02 pm I hope it doesn't hit you too hard. But good on you for getting it. :)
Cheers. Bit of a sore arm, but nothing else.
First vaccination I was bedridden for three days, but mostly since I just get sore arm and the occasional headache.
I always get it as soon as I am offered (I get offered early as I am high risk, so always better to have it than to take the chance).
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Hulkbuster update: have most of the lower torso completed, and both thighs...finished one calf and foot today and have been working on foot #2. When holding the torso in my arms, it reminds me of holding my nieces and nephews when they were 6 months old or so....Yup, this build is quite a bit larger than I expected, but oh so fun!!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."