Making Enterprise

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Making Enterprise

Post by Teaos »

Funny to think that a fan can sit down and make a computer model, as good as and superior to the original, on a personal PC with off the shelf software and self training for the most part.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Yeah, it's pretty amazing. Just think, in twenty years or so people like me will probably be churning out stuff that's equal to today's ILM output.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Compare today's private CGI attempts to Babylon 5. If someone had a lot of time and hard drive space, I bet they could reproduce Babylon 5 CGI and in better detail.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Quite possibly. If you look around on youtube there's plenty of stuff that is really impressive quality.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

There are Harry Potter fan films with better effects than the movies, because the fans understand how it should look.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.