SF Debris: North Star

Enterprise
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

SF Debris: North Star

Post by Nutso »

ENT: North Star Review

Opinionated Enterprise Episode Guide looks at North Star. In the midst of facing an enemy plotting the destruction of the Earth we have an important side mission: visiting a planet of cowboys. Obviously you see the connection.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: SF Debris: North Star

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I'm not even gonna watch the review. To me, this episode was so useless!
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I kinda liked it, but it has the same issue that many, many episodes of Voyager had - namely, that if you decide to give your ship a mission of over-riding importance, then you're pretty much committed to making every single episode about that mission. Any time you do anything that isn't mission related you leave audiences wondering "aren't you supposed to be finding the Xindi weapon?" or "aren't you supposed to be finding a way home?"

The genius of having the Enterprise on a exploration mission is that pretty much anything the ship does can fall under that umbrella. Even when the Enterprise fought the Klingons, it was usually a fight over some frontier world they'd both just discovered.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I didn't mind it. The concept was OK. Just an OK episode.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"