Non Coalition Carrier

Graham's Coalition Universe stuff
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Non Coalition Carrier

Post by Graham Kennedy »

A companion ship to the non-Coalition one, done in the same colouring and style. This one is a carrier, with a through-deck hangar arrangement. That's something I've always wanted to incorporate into a ship, and I love how it came out. The fighters you can see are Coalition designs, which I put there just because they're the only fighters I have. Not sure if they are to scale, because I don't really know how big the ship is!

I reused a lot of elements from the other design - sensors, comm gear, weapons, engines, M/AM magazine, etc.

I also threw an English language name onto the hull. There are Human planets that aren't in the Coalition, so I guess this must come from one of them!

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Non Coalition Carrier

Post by Mikey »

I'd be interested to see if there's any interference between the propulsion systems at the stern and inbound fighters.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Non Coalition Carrier

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Propulsor drives (which these are) aren't actually any kind of "rocket" derivative; those glowy things at the back aren't exhausts generating thrust, but thermal radiators dumping heat and other energies overboard. So it's pretty safe to fly behind them.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...