Trek XIII general news and rumours

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Trek XIII general news and rumours

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:The video is an hour long, whereabouts is it?
I set it to start at the question being asked @ 4:52. So you going to see the question on the screen and hear someone asking it, then to the various Star Trek Beyond main actors. Karl Urban comes up @ 5:30. I set it at 4:52 so anyone clicking the link could see and hear the question being asked, and also the other actors' answers. Then you can stop watching if you want.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Excellent answer :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Incidentally... I screencapped the first shot of that trailer.

So the rim of that saucer is approximately 54 feet thick.

Can we all please stop pretending that this ship is only 300 metres long now?

(I know people here don't generally claim that. I mean fandom as a whole.)

Sorry to bring back an old topic, but it occurred to me to wonder whether the Abramsverse Starfleet is staffing it's ships with midgets in light of the measurement based on a presumed height for a man. :P
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I would guess... no.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:Sorry to bring back an old topic, but it occurred to me to wonder whether the Abramsverse Starfleet is staffing it's ships with midgets in light of the measurement based on a presumed height for a man. :P
Don't give Bernd ideas...
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Captain Picard's Hair wrote:Sorry to bring back an old topic, but it occurred to me to wonder whether the Abramsverse Starfleet is staffing it's ships with midgets in light of the measurement based on a presumed height for a man. :P
Don't give Bernd ideas...
:laughroll:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Well, if that's the case "Where No Man Has Gone Before" refers to a Men's Big and Tall clothing shop...
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

On the other hand it would explain some of whatever crossover there is between Hobbit/LOTR fans and Trek fans.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who