Service history graphics

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Service history graphics

Post by Jim »

Design Lineage -> Starship Service

I know that in this chart the "darker" color is built and the "lighter" is service... but I have a question about the lines. If you look at the Fereration, a few of the lines seem to stop short of some of the others. Example, the Akira seems to end a year or so sooner than the Ambassador right below it does (assuming that the far right is "current" with the last movie). The Sovereign does that as well. Is there a reason for that?
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Service history graphics

Post by IanKennedy »

Jim wrote:Design Lineage -> Starship Service

I know that in this chart the "darker" color is built and the "lighter" is service... but I have a question about the lines. If you look at the Fereration, a few of the lines seem to stop short of some of the others. Example, the Akira seems to end a year or so sooner than the Ambassador right below it does (assuming that the far right is "current" with the last movie). The Sovereign does that as well. Is there a reason for that?
The lines are drawn using the service history information on the individual ship pages. If you look at the Akira class the commissioned information says 2363 - present. The Ambassador says "2330 - 2357, class remains in service" If no end date is present the system currently uses 2378. We'll take a look at the data this weekend, time allowing.
email, ergo spam
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

IanKennedy wrote:...If no end date is present the system currently uses 2378.
Doesn't the Prime timeline go through 2387, thanks to 2009 Star Trek?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

IanKennedy wrote:
Jim wrote:Design Lineage -> Starship Service

The lines are drawn using the service history information on the individual ship pages. If you look at the Akira class the commissioned information says 2363 - present. The Ambassador says "2330 - 2357, class remains in service" If no end date is present the system currently uses 2378. We'll take a look at the data this weekend, time allowing.
It isn't a big deal at all, certainly not a priority. Just something that I noticed that most people might just not even pay any attention to.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

In future it might be worth flagging this sort of thing in the ship nits thread rather than starting a new one - that's what it's there for after all.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I had considered putting it into the "Main page nits" thread but it is not the "main page" nor a general load type issue and as I thought it more a potential graphics thing it is not a specific ship issue (in order to relate to the ship nits thread)... And considering that there is a "Don't clutter the nits threads" finger wag pinned to the top of the page... it seemed like a new thread was the way to go.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The anti-clutter notice is aimed at avoiding the tendency of any thread to get TR-116'd, not against adding new nits.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.