Tactical War Simulation

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Tactical War Simulation

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'll take whoever the underdog is. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Think we could do WWII pacific? I'd take the USA (USA! USA! USA!) in that one
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sonic Glitch wrote:Think we could do WWII pacific? I'd take the USA (USA! USA! USA!) in that one
I'd take New Zealand. Unless Teaos wanted it, of course.

Maybe Australia.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Sonic Glitch wrote:Think we could do WWII pacific? I'd take the USA (USA! USA! USA!) in that one
I'd take New Zealand. Unless Teaos wanted it, of course.

Maybe Australia.
Would those fall under British/Commonwealth control or would they operate separately?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Depends how many players you have I'm guessing
Bite my shiny metal ass
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I'll take whatever's going spare.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:I'd take New Zealand. Unless Teaos wanted it, of course.

Maybe Australia.
Would those fall under British/Commonwealth control or would they operate separately?
Good question. Finland would be another of my choices. Failing one of those, I would gladly play as the bad guys. :wink:
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

We're getting a little ahead of ourselves here. This is a work in progress that right now is designed around a Clone Wars style campaign. I'm working on developing a more sophisticated battle simulation algorithm that could handle something like multiple different classes of ship, but there's still a fair amount of work between where I'm at with this, and recreating WWII or the Dominion War.

I am and will continue to work on it, and I'm sure running a campaign will give me a lot of useful data to build upon, but it may still be a bit early to pick Axis or Allies yet.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Best to make an early claim. :lol:

I'd need to see whatever factions you decide on for the game; I assume they won't start equal. That would be silly.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Well we're all clamouring to get involved so you know you've got people in :wink:

I'd be less interested in a futuristic one I'll be honest, we've done that to death and back but I'd still be up for.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I claim Switzerland...

I'll take whatever is needed, I just like the idea.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

An update here:

Since there was an overwhelming interest in a WWII and/or Dominion War simulation, I began working on a more refined model for simulating combat, particularly one that can deal with multiple classes with their own stats. I have finished the first draft of said program and given it a quick once through to make sure it works. This will become the simulation that I use for the 1st round test drive from the OP.

If anyone would like to see it. It's coded in Mathematica so If you have access to that software I can send you the actual code, otherwise I can post some pseudo-code on here.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Alright. The battle between Drancoris and Spocky has finished which means we're set to give this it's test run. I'm looking for 2-3 players that want to try they're luck, and won't be too concerned with some on the fly mechanics and hand-wavyness that will go into at least this first run. First come first serve, but people that have played in a Battle recently (Tinadrin, Reliant, Spocky, Drancoris) will have lower priority than those that haven't.
Spocky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spocky »

I'm in as the first low priority player.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I love being a test dummy so count me in.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.