DITL Battle #11 Sign-Up

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: DITL Battle #11 Sign-Up

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Conn orders gentlemen. We can consider this the comments thread for the battle I think.

One thing I'm going to try is a new 5-vector bearing system. I am and will continue to use the verbal description as well, but if it helps I'm using this as well.

The way it works is this:

Target Ship: {r; theta; phi; alpha; beta}
r = distance to target
theta = angle counter clockwise from your bow to their ship
phi = angle down from your vertical to their ship
alpha = rotation of their ship relative to your bow
beta = pitch of their ship relative to your plane

So to start:
Constellation: {300,000; 0; 90; 90; 0}

means relative to the Galor Class the Constellation is 300,000m away, dead ahead on the same plane, and is turned to the left relative to the Galor's orientation.

Galor: {300,000; 90; 90; 270; 0}

means that, relative to the Constellation, the Galor Class is 300,000m away, directly port on the same plan, rotated so it's facing to the right relative to the Constellations orientation.

If you have any questions just ask. If you find it to be confusing don't worry, you won't have to rely on it for any information.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Just from the stats it seems the galor has the advantage here. However it is a rowboat compared to the constellation so we shall see how manurverablility fairs vs combat power.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

The Galor definitely has the advantage in firepower and defenses, if it can bring them to bear on the Constellation. The Galor is much more foreward based arsenal while the Constellation is more rounded and has the advantage of being more maneuverable.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Tac orders please. and since I was asked I'll do a general explination here to make the range rules clearer:

Torpedoes have unlimited range. Phasers (which you both have) have a max range of 300,000m, beyond this your phasers simply won't do any damage.

In addition to this each of your ships have a range stat which is related to your targeting system. for every weapons range in distance between your ships you suffer a -1 to hit penalty. Thus Torps can go forever, but @> 64,000m, Tinadrin will suffer a -4 To Hit Penalty when I go to run the tac phase.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

The range is simply too great to get a hit. at this range the max roll Reliant can get is a 6, and Tinadrin is -2. Though, this is making my job pretty easy.

Conn Orders.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

This is on track to be the longest DITL battle in history, if only because at these speeds it'll be somewhere around turn 20 that the ships get into a range where they might be able to actually land a shot. :lol:
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I was hoping this battle turned into a bit of a slug.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I decided a change of tactics were in order. My original plan had little opportunity to do anything, whatsoever, except waste torpedoes.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

You guys are really going to need to get into the 100,000m neighborhood to have any hope of hitting each other. at this range with the penalties the max roll Reliant can get is a 7, the max that Tinadrin can get is -1.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

We have battle damage!
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I'm loving the imagery of these ships, each so dedicated to getting in weapons range of each other, simply passing each other unintentionally.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

School boy error. :wink:
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Well I ran the numbers and got -48500 and was sitting here thinking....do I make them hit each other?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

That'd make for an impressive end!
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I am actually laughing at the CO's faces as they sit on their command chairs as each ship approaches... and just flies straight on by!
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."