Enterprise J

Enterprise
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Enterprise J

Post by Teaos »

So your claiming it is easier for him to get inside Voyager, access her computers, and leave again with out being noticed?

Thats easier than using his super fast ship to travel to the AQ and back? Time isnt an issue for the guy but being caught would be.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Anything he'd have to do to gain access on Voyager, he'd have to do in spades at a UFP installation.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Who said he needs to get onto Voyager itself? Simply scanning the ship would give him a rough run-down on the ship's design, and from that it'd be quite possible to build a roughly starfleet-styled ship.
Or he could just ask one of the dozens of alien races Voyager hung out with and let on board their ship.

Either of the above would be far easier than traveling to a nation that he doesn't even know the location of, breaking into a heavily guarded R&D facility, grabbing files of a ship that would only be in the first stages of development, and then heading back to the DQ to ambush Voyager by using a ship that they'd never seen before which would make them less likely to assume it to be a real Federation ship.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Mikey wrote:Anything he'd have to do to gain access on Voyager, he'd have to do in spades at a UFP installation.
Except that he can outrun the Federation if his cover's blown. If he's caught accessing Voyager's database he'll have to come up with another plan.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

So, does anyone else have any explanation for the Dauntless even being at the battle with the E-J?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Tsukiyumi wrote:So, does anyone else have any explanation for the Dauntless even being at the battle with the E-J?
The design proved to be viable for generations to come? Last ditch effort like at Wolf 359 when he saw dozens of older ship parts even including parts of a Connie? Probably something along those lines
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Three options:

1) Coincidence. The designs merely happened to be superficialy similar.

or

2) He really did look up a real design, and the ship stayed in use for over two hundred years.

or

3) Starfleet looked at VOY's records, and thought the design looked good and implemented it.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:Three options:

1) Coincidence. The designs merely happened to be superficialy similar.

or

2) He really did look up a real design, and the ship stayed in use for over two hundred years.

or

3) Starfleet looked at VOY's records, and thought the design looked good and implemented it.
Personally my money is on 2 since it would make Janeway a little less idiotic, but 3 is also possible. 1 is unlikely IMO.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Mikey wrote:Anything he'd have to do to gain access on Voyager, he'd have to do in spades at a UFP installation.
Except that he can outrun the Federation if his cover's blown. If he's caught accessing Voyager's database he'll have to come up with another plan.
Wait - he can't outrun one Fed ship, but he CAN outrun ALL of them?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Wait - he can't outrun one Fed ship, but he CAN outrun ALL of them?
That was because Voyager had Slipstream capability, at least temperarily, at the time.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I always figured that Voyager returned home with the Dauntless in it's computer memory and starfleet decided, "hey waitaminute....this...could actually work."
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

me,myself and I wrote:I always figured that Voyager returned home with the Dauntless in it's computer memory and starfleet decided, "hey waitaminute....this...could actually work."
The general technology maybe, but realistically, what are the odds that they would use the exact same hull and that the ship would be in use 200 years later?
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

KuvahMagh wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:I always figured that Voyager returned home with the Dauntless in it's computer memory and starfleet decided, "hey waitaminute....this...could actually work."
The general technology maybe, but realistically, what are the odds that they would use the exact same hull and that the ship would be in use 200 years later?
On a slow day in the office? Probably pretty good! :-D

Realistically, I got no idea!
:mrgreen:
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

KuvahMagh wrote:
What are the odds that the Klingons have been using the same design for over three hundred years?
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
KuvahMagh wrote:
What are the odds that the Klingons have been using the same design for over three hundred years?
Ahh but that is different, remember this is based on the idea that Starfleet pulled the design and used the exact external layout from this fake to build a new ship. The BoP was an original Klingon design.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus