Enterprise J

Enterprise
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Enterprise J

Post by Aaron »

KuvahMagh wrote:
Ahh but that is different, remember this is based on the idea that Starfleet pulled the design and used the exact external layout from this fake to build a new ship. The BoP was an original Klingon design.
I meant the D6 and derivitaves.

Honestly I have no problem with them copying the space fish, it's no more ridiculous than anything else they pull.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I think it may just look similar. Maybe that is just a good shape for slipstream ships and thus the Federation built ships on that style.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Teaos wrote:I think it may just look similar. Maybe that is just a good shape for slipstream ships and thus the Federation built ships on that style.
With the same colors even though they are not your typical colors and don't fit with "future" colors since they are no where near the E-J Color scheme. I know I'm getting picky but I just can't see anyway to accept this as being reasonable In Universe, clearly OOU the ship was just meant to represent a futuristic ship but In Universe it is pretty much a disaster.
Cpl Kendall wrote:
KuvahMagh wrote:
Ahh but that is different, remember this is based on the idea that Starfleet pulled the design and used the exact external layout from this fake to build a new ship. The BoP was an original Klingon design.
I meant the D6 and derivitaves.

Honestly I have no problem with them copying the space fish, it's no more ridiculous than anything else they pull.
I really don't follow you here. What I am saying is that for this to be plausible, based on my original post, Starfleet would have to at some point in the future open up Voyager's logs decide to try out the technology and what, just for the hell of it to build an outwardly identical ship. I know they have done some pretty whacked out things, most of which can be attributed to lousy writers/lack of creativity/time but here I think we have to chalk it up to lazy effects people.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The fact that it is identical streches credability but since it was only supposed to be seen as a quick glance I cant blame them for throwing it in.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

KuvahMagh wrote:
I really don't follow you here. What I am saying is that for this to be plausible, based on my original post, Starfleet would have to at some point in the future open up Voyager's logs decide to try out the technology and what, just for the hell of it to build an outwardly identical ship. I know they have done some pretty whacked out things, most of which can be attributed to lousy writers/lack of creativity/time but here I think we have to chalk it up to lazy effects people.
I actually don't follow my own line of thought here either.

At any rate you've got a decent IU and OOU answer here.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Alright, just making sure I wasn't missing something.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I like the E-J. It means that somewhere out there is a huge pizza. :)
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

stitch626 wrote:I like the E-J. It means that somewhere out there is a huge pizza. :)
I wonder what's on it? Some of those space calamari from "Galaxy's Child"? :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Mmmm.... calamari....
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I just had a great slice with artichoke hearts, eggplant, feta cheese and chicken for lunch. Made me think of the E-J. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The thing that really annoys me is that the Nacelles are totally wrong. They look to be ENT era not the future.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I just had a great slice with artichoke hearts, eggplant, feta cheese and chicken for lunch. Made me think of the E-J. :lol:
Mmmm... the other day, I had a very nice Buffalo chicken slice and an... interesting cheesesteak slice.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I had an absolutely delicious 4-cheese pizza last night. I got my pizza-cutter out of the drawer, looked at it for a moment, and then burst out laughing because of this thread.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Andrew82
Petty officer third class
Petty officer third class

Post by Andrew82 »

I will always be and E-D man myself, i did like the dreadnought upgrade in all good things, was a bad ass!!! Phaser lance, cloaking device and third warp nacelle just made it look mean
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The E-E is the beauty winner. The E-D wins the pie eating contest.