Enterprise J

Enterprise
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Enterprise J

Post by Teaos »

He obviously knew enough about Voyager and the Federation to put together that fake. That points at damn good intel.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

A fake of a ship that nobody on Voyager knew about. He could have faked the protocols, transponder patterns, etc. with enough intel on Voyager itself; he wouldn't have needed to have gotten the ship itself "right," because nobody aboard Voyager could have told the difference.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

So the choice is he either got a sh*t load of info about the Federation from Voyager herself or from the Federation. I think the latter is more likely.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:So the choice is he either got a sh*t load of info about the Federation from Voyager herself or from the Federation. I think the latter is more likely.
Why? Voyager is right there - the Federation is months away, even with slipstream, and a big place. Arcturis wouldn't know where to begin searching for information once he got there.
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

He's a smart guy, he'd find out pretty quick. The amount of information he had it would seem as if he had access to a data base. So he either had to get into Voyagers or go to the Federation. If he had the ability to hack Voyager with out their knowledge why would he bother with this whole plot?

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:He's a smart guy, he'd find out pretty quick. The amount of information he had it would seem as if he had access to a data base. So he either had to get into Voyagers or go to the Federation. If he had the ability to hack Voyager with out their knowledge why would he bother with this whole plot?
For the same degree of revenge as we saw. I don't think I understand the question.
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

He went through the trouble of making the fake ship so he could get them assimilated. If he could get inside Voyagers computers with out their knowledge to get so much information about them he could have done what ever he wanted to them.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:He went through the trouble of making the fake ship so he could get them assimilated. If he could get inside Voyagers computers with out their knowledge to get so much information about them he could have done what ever he wanted to them.
Hmmm... fair point. I suspect there is someone way to have turned it so he could access but not alter, but I see what you mean. Perhaps he wanted his revenge to be poetic, and no matter what he could have done he'd rather have had them assimilated?
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

My turn to crack out the razor.

Since he had a super fast ship it makes more sense that he went and found out the info in the AQ then came back, then it does for him to go through such effort the other way.

I hold the power of the razor.

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Or maybe the ship in the future was based on the fake ship
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:My turn to crack out the razor.

Since he had a super fast ship it makes more sense that he went and found out the info in the AQ then came back, then it does for him to go through such effort the other way.

I hold the power of the razor.
The effort of data mining, infiltration, etc., would be identical in either case, if not more difficult in going through UFP HQ - the only difference is that going to the AQ adds the extra effort of travel. Who's got that razor again?
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

But we know he either didnt get the information from Voayger, or has such advanced skill he got it with out them knowing about it.

If he went to the AQ he could of stopped off at any old Federation world and opened up a public computer. Most of the stuff he knew was public information that would be on any computer.

*Snatches razor back*

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

#1 - I still don't believe that the Dauntless-type was actually in the advanced R&D/prototype stage by the time of Voyager's mission, but we'd never seen or heard anything remotely similar from the UFP before or since.

#2 - Even if it were, you're saying that the technical readout would be published online? :roll:
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

#1 I never said it was.

#2 Huh? He just needed generic information about the Federation so as to pull off something that looked and sounded like Starfleet.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:#1 I never said it was.

#2 Huh? He just needed generic information about the Federation so as to pull off something that looked and sounded like Starfleet.
OK, then; if he merely needs generic info about the Federation, it would be much more easily accessed directly form Voyager's core than by travelling to the AQ, even if he could do so in 3 months.
as Bull offed Custer