Happy belated 20th, Babylon Five!

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Happy belated 20th, Babylon Five!

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I missed it by a day, but it's been tenty years since The Gathering aired. Happy birthday, B5!
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Happy belated 20th, Babylon Five!

Post by Graham Kennedy »

God, and I not only remember when B5 came out, I remember thinking that here's this new show, will it be better than these others I've been watching for such a long, long time.

I feel old.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

GrahamKennedy wrote:God, and I not only remember when B5 came out, I remember thinking that here's this new show, will it be better than these others I've been watching for such a long, long time.
Was it?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

GrahamKennedy wrote:God, and I not only remember when B5 came out, I remember thinking that here's this new show, will it be better than these others I've been watching for such a long, long time.

I feel old.
I am right there with you on seeing it premiere.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I also remember watching the premiere. Granted, I was twelve, but I loved this show when it was on.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I've got the first two seasons on DVD, still watch it. I wanna complete the series and get the movie set, which includes 'The Gathering' and 'In the Beginning'.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Never saw B5 until was off the air. I don't remember why I didn't watch it. Maybe I didn't like the CGI or something.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Was it?
Oh yes. A year or so back I rewatched it start to finish at the rate of four or five episodes a day. I think that even now it stands up as one of the most spectacular achievements in TV science fiction history. In fact I'd go so far as to say nothing since has equalled it, though the remake Battlestar Galactica came close.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I am old.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...