Current value 100/20
14%
50/10
43%
25/5
14%
Other Values (Please PM values)
No votes
Other Formula (number of weapons as a function of mass, etc)
14%

Total votes: 7
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Weapons Restrictions

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Some of you may have realized that there is a maximum firepower you can put on your ships at any given time based off of the number of emitters/tubes it would require. the current maximums are set at 100 emitters and 20 tubes IIRC. When I set these, I obviously thought that those would make good upper end numbers, however as people tend to try and max out the firepower on their ships when possible I've come to think that 20 tubes on a ship (especially ships of the average size of the SIM at present) seems a bit out there, so I've come to you the players for a solution.

No need to say your vote, but feel free to if you'd like to make an argument for your case.

If you have other suggestions (either values or formula) please PM it to me, if I like it I'll add it to the poll, or make a new one.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Weapons Restrictions

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I should add that this will NOT be added retroactively, to ships already designed, but I do reserve the right to deny maxing out weapons on any designs put forward starting next turn if it looks like we're leaning toward reducing the limit.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Weapons Restrictions

Post by Deepcrush »

I don't have a problem with the system in place now. It's very fitting when comparing to modern ships. Honestly the issues with ships is in production and not in the weapons.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu