SFDebris: Unimatrix Zero

Voyager
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

SFDebris: Unimatrix Zero

Post by Captain Seafort »

Part 1

It get the impression that, by the end, Chuck had simply given up getting angry with the episode in favour of sheer exasperation. :lol:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: SFDebris: Unimatrix Zero

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

God the first minutes of ranting alone tell me I'm in for quite a ride. :lol: :bangwall:
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

He has perfected the art of ranting while still getting a point across
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Ayup. By the end I was feeling sorry for him.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Part 2 up

:picard:

I'd forgotten how bad this shit was. Damn you Chuck for making me remember!
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

You know. With Voyager being able to ass-kick a Tactical Cube and the Voyager crew having found a way to effectively withstand assimilation (at least for a time), how are the Borg supposed to be a dangerous foe?

The single most terrifying thing about the Borg was their autowin trump card when they got to you hand to hand was assimilation. A bit of Zombie-style virus spread, but still a treathening piece of worldbuilding.

AND NOW YOU CAN CASUALY IGNORE IT?!?

How bad would have been Romero's zombies or 28 Days Later if everybody could simply inject themselves with the cure?!? This is worst than a mere in-universe stupidity. It's practically castrating the single greatest Trek Villain.

Someone find Berman and Braga and shoot them, please...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:You know. With Voyager being able to ass-kick a Tactical Cube and the Voyager crew having found a way to effectively withstand assimilation (at least for a time), how are the Borg supposed to be a dangerous foe?

The single most terrifying thing about the Borg was their autowin trump card when they got to you hand to hand was assimilation. A bit of Zombie-style virus spread, but still a treathening piece of worldbuilding.

AND NOW YOU CAN CASUALY IGNORE IT?!?

How bad would have been Romero's zombies or 28 Days Later if everybody could simply inject themselves with the cure?!? This is worst than a mere in-universe stupidity. It's practically castrating the single greatest Trek Villain.

Someone find Berman and Braga and shoot them, please...
And now, you have been introduced to Star Trek: Voyager. The issue with the way VOY treated the Borg goes even deeper than a stranded, supposed-to-be damaged, supposed-to-be out of supplies picket ship being able to pwn them; the issue is that VOY took Roddenberry's idea of an antagonist that was an amoral, inexorable force of nature - rather than one that was opposite on an understandable moral compass - and wholly alien to our ideas of individuality and humanity... and pissed it away for an excuse to put Jeri Ryan in a catsuit.*

* - A noble goal, to be sure, but one that could have been achieved without raping the previous incarnation of the Borg.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

It would have made the episode abit better instead of Tactical Cube, replacing it with a ship more powerful than Voyager of let's say a Borg sphere. Maybe even make that 'tactical'. Instead they made this Tactical Cube which is supposed to be "OMG VOAYEGER IZ SOOO SCREWED. BORG UBERSHIP." Instead it's the other way around.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Part 3. Chuck gets up and leaves.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

It was almost worth it for the sight of Janeway screaming in agony... but no. Good lord these were just... yeah.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Hmmm, I guess I had forgotten most of the episode... damn.

There were so many ways this could have been better, but the writers just threw everything out the airlock.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

stitch626 wrote:Hmmm, I guess I had forgotten most of the episode... damn.
Same here. It's probably some form of survival mechanism - that much concentrated stupidity can't be good for you.

On the plus side, Jim's back next week. :)
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Yeah. There's plenty more stupid out there. We don't need this piece of drek to remind us of it. :bangwall: