Oddball Request

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Oddball Request

Post by McAvoy »

Ok. I play Civilization 2 Test of Time all of the time. I like it because it is a simple game. Problem is that on Vista and 7 it's unstable. For example, I cannot change the name of cities or press B to build a city. No big deal. But I also cannot alter the size of the map I want to play so I have to use the exisiting ones.

I want a big map. I have already checked out various websites. They range from normal size to the Giga Map of the world. I want something inbetween like 160x100. So anyone who still plays this game and it works on their computer well enough to go to Map Editor to make a map of 160x100 can someone send it to me? Make it a random map with continents.

Either that if someone can point me in the right direction to fix these bugs for Vista.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Oddball Request

Post by Reliant121 »

McAvoy wrote:Vista.
Give up. :poke: :mrgreen:
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Can you tell Vista to change the compatability of the prog? As in tell it to run it as if it was an older os or did Vista get rid of that feature?
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I don't even have a clue where to look for that. I am not exactly computer savy. I know enough about computers through trial and error.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I'm still running XP but in it if you right click on the icon for the game and go to properties you should be able to change compatability options then tell it to run as if it was an older version of windows.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

colmquinn wrote:I'm still running XP but in it if you right click on the icon for the game and go to properties you should be able to change compatability options then tell it to run as if it was an older version of windows.
Tried multiple versions. Didn't work.

The game works fine until you use certain keys like b for build city or try to change alter dimensions of the map or name of the king or city.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

You try this site and see if other people have been having the same problem.