Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Alpha V2 OOC Thread

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:by Deepcrush » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Sorry for the delay, my turn is in.
Jeez, man. You write the whole Klingon Constitution, or what? :P
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Or what! But really I just had a busy week and I took my sweet time finishing the SS.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by BigJKU316 »

Sorry for the lateness. I got about half done today. Lots of economic issues going on that took thought. Will hopefully be done tomorrow.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Take your time.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

How go those sheets?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

Sonic Glitch wrote:How go those sheets?
We are getting there. The big issue is I had multiple players doing 3-5 ships this turn and that all takes inputting on my part. I am also swamped at work and mostly doing it at home. That means I have like 2 hours after the kid goes to bed and before I pass out.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Don't rush yourself. Handle life first and worry about this later.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

Ok, sheets are done and sent out. I will get you all intel by the end of the weekend and we will turn in the following week and go to one week=1 year turns at that point. I just have not had time to write the intel or news yet.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

Also expect a much more full news report this time around.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Just a head's up, I'm taking the next 5 days off for a vacation with the wife. I will have my laptop with me, but my time online is likely to be pretty sparse. So if I don't reply to something, you know why.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

If you had intel run you should have it by now. Turns due a week from last night.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Well, hell. I guess I should have assumed all my fleet information would be published info. Should have cleared that up in my orders.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Seriously, Utopia Planitia is visible from orbit. You could spot any of the starbase types from the ground with your bare eyes, hell you can spot most of these starships from the ground with your bare eyes. Modern naval vessels regularly keep web pages. You can inspect the US military budget line by line if you really want to. You have an open society and a free press, how many secrets do you really think you're going to keep?
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

For the most part it is safe to presume that you all operate in a media environment a lot like that on Earth today. To save myself typing I generally provide it only when asked (or in a Jane's update or the news) but the more open societies would have very few secrets.

Democratic powers are going to be pretty open and have a lot of information put out there. Powers like the Romulans might be a bit more like China. You would still have a fair idea of what they were spending and what you really think they are spending. Rumors of military programs would sneak out just naturally. If a power is way far from everyone else and isolated like the Breen less might get out naturally. But pretty much anyone with a capitol that is engaged in diplomacy should assume that those who have embassies damn well know what is going on over your home world. After all all they have to do is look up in the sky to see it.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Question: Does anyone know if the average Cardassian lifespan was ever stated in any of the shows?