Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Great novels

Post by Teaos »

Horror?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Teaos wrote:Horror?
More like a very strange sort of fantasy, deeply connected with hard science, such as the theory of relativity, quantum entanglement, conservation of energy, newtonian physics and a lot more. Yet, still magic in some form creeps through, although it is very organised and almost understandable to a layman's reader. At times very depressing, but the little points of hope shine all the brighter therein. The first part was around 660 pages, I read it in less than a week. Quite a feat, as I had a short stay in hospital back then.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Sounds refreshingly different.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/L ... rChronicle Check out the TvTropes page for further details without hopefully revealing too many plot details.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

I've been reading Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn. My new favorite novel. The author does something truly unique--placing dragons in modern-day setting. It's been so long since I've read a book that I have a really hard time putting down.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk