Babylon 5 May be Coming Back!!!

LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Babylon 5 May be Coming Back!!!

Post by LaughingCheese »

Just saw this on TrekMovie.com.

Apparently JMS is in talks to get the rights back from Warner Bros., and apparently its going well!!

http://trekmovie.com/2011/08/17/koenig- ... to-chekov/

So IF he does get the rights back, what do you think he'll do with them?

Is JMS into reboots? Or would he continue the story?

I'm guessing some of you "know" him better than I but he doesn't really seem like he would revisit something he's already done.

Seems more like a guy to move forward.

What do you think?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Babylon 5 May be Coming Back!!!

Post by Tsukiyumi »

It's good news all around. JMS has said for a long time that he'd like to do a B5 feature film (though, personally, I've no clue what the story could be about); this might be his chance.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

B5 topic is B5, and so goes in B5

Sounds good - I just hope Murdoch doesn't nick it if and when it comes over here.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

As one of my favorite shows ALL TIME, I would love to see it get another go... but... With the passing of Andreas Katsulas, no one could be G'Kar. Without G'Kar...

Plus, Richard Biggs and Jeff Conway are aslo gone, but I do not think that they were as unreplacable as the characters as Andreas is to G'Kar.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Id think he'd just pick up the story with the future of the ISA. If they go about 80 years forward, only Deleen was still alive.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Captain Seafort wrote:B5 topic is B5, and so goes in B5

Sounds good - I just hope Murdoch doesn't nick it if and when it comes over here.
True true, apologies. :)

Also, I think it would be cool to go back and redo the graphics. We did start to see better graphics toward the end of the series and in the TV movies, but it could be AMAZING.

Imagine B5 with BSG style graphics!

Its interesting that B5 goes in the opposite direction of most shows as far as graphics....it has great story, but sub-par graphics! lol :lol:
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

B5 was mostly CGI - CGI ages a lot quicker then real life models IMO.

Not sure I wan't to see the story continued - for me the series took a sharp dive in quality during Season 5 - mostly due to all the storylines being wrapped up in Season 4 as it was thought that would be the last season.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

JMS would have to write up a new series. Season 5 wasn't really JMS fault, the networks kinda put him in a nasty bind. Given a year to write out his stories I bet he could bang out some nice work.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Always wondered how much of B5's storyline was planned from the beginning. You need to watch it through twice to appreciate all the references to future storylines early on in the series. Really was a great but of storytelling.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

There were five seasons written before the show even aired but season four was 4 and 5 together because they thought the show was going to be cancelled. Season 5 was a rush write which caused some problems.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

I wonder if they'll recast the members and go from the beginning or if they'll keep as many of the original members as possible and say it's going to be several years after the last B5 movie. After all, the original cast is getting those wrinkles and white hairs, now.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I wouldn't mind them remastering some of the graphics of the original series. But its time to move on from Babylon 5 "Army of Light" era and pick up with something else. A new generation is needed.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Deepcrush wrote:I wouldn't mind them remastering some of the graphics of the original series. But its time to move on from Babylon 5 "Army of Light" era and pick up with something else. A new generation is needed.

"Babylon 5 Remastered". That indeed would be awesome. :lol:

Somehow I don't think JMS is the type for reboots so I think we're safe.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush wrote:There were five seasons written before the show even aired
That depends how you define "written". It had all the story arcs drafted from the start, but the details were fleshed out as they went along as with any other show. There was no other way to do it, given that they had to allow for actors coming and going.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I'd be of two minds with any recasting. I can't imagine anyone else in those roles... and then I think of Star Trek XI.