Delta Flyer Escape Pod Solution

Voyager
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Delta Flyer Escape Pod Solution

Post by alexmann »

I didn't want to necro the old thread so I made a new one.

According to Rick Sternbach in the comments here: http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2010/12/ ... -lifeboat/ the delta flyer had four escape pods located:

Link to old thread: http://ditl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5577
ImageImage
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Delta Flyer Escape Pod Solution

Post by Nickswitz »

I want to thank you for properly demonstrating how to create a new thread on an old topic. And also, that would make sense as to being able to fit the compliment of people on the ship in the escape pods allowing for all to escape since it usually had 3 to 4 people running it.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

That shuttle...although I think the world shuttle hardly applies to it anymore, had everything. Those pods must just be coffins.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Shoddy design. I can see Tom and Harry arguing over who gets the top Escape Pod.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Teaos wrote:That shuttle...although I think the world shuttle hardly applies to it anymore, had everything. Those pods must just be coffins.
They were - we saw them in Good Shepard.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

You lay down in them and they are barely big enough to fit in.
ImageImage
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

You really hope the future comes along soon with possibilities to make it bigger on the inside, it is barely large enough for a human, let alone other aliens who may be larger.
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

What century do they invent transdimensional ships? I think it was a 31st century time pod in that ENT episode. There ships really are like the TARDIS because they travel time and space and they are bigger on the inside than the outside. They are just better armed.
ImageImage
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

It was indeed in the 31st century.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

alexmann wrote:What century do they invent transdimensional ships? I think it was a 31st century time pod in that ENT episode. There ships really are like the TARDIS because they travel time and space and they are bigger on the inside than the outside. They are just better armed.
Careful there alex - you're extremely close to "no versus", so back away from it.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Does TARDIS even have a weapon? Cause if not, anything with any weapon is technically better armed.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Lighthawk wrote:Does TARDIS even have a weapon? Cause if not, anything with any weapon is technically better armed.
Depends on the model - the Doctor's, as far as I'm aware, isn't armed, but more modern designs have got some very gucci toys. In any event, versus is verbotten, so that line of discussion ends here.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Noted, though if I may make a side inquiry, for the sake of clarification...comparing any attributes of any cross universe items counts as versus, regardless of intent or degree of clarity? If for example, I wanted to claim the Death Star was bigger than a type II phaser, that would count?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Lighthawk wrote:I wanted to claim the Death Star was bigger than a type II phaser, that would count?
Simple statements are fine, but even there care must be exercised that "an ISD is bigger than a Negh''var" (for example) doesn't turn into "therefore the ISD would shred the Negh'var in one second flat". Likewise, statements such as alex's can very easily become "therefore the 31st Century Feds can beat the Time Lords".
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Fair enough