Resistance is Futile...

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Resistance is Futile...

Post by DarkOmen »

Made a new picture....

Another Borg assault on the Sol system... Two tactical cubes, against a fairly well armed Starfleet armada. The Enterprise and the Defiant are in the foreground dodging some fire. I know there are alot of Nebula class fans here, so I made the one on the top layin down some ownage...

I think all together there is:
3 sovereigns, 2 nebulas, 3 akiras, 2 defiants, 2 intrepids, 1 prometheus, 1 galaxy, 1 nova, and 1 saber that we can see in the pic... Too many...? Not enough...?

Resistance is Futile?

This is a much smaller version, but i think it makes it easier to grasp the whole pic than the big version.. it is a 1.33 aspect ratio, so it should make a good wallpaper... let me know if you want bigger (i have up to 2000x1504)

Comments, critiques, and suggestions plz...
Last edited by DarkOmen on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Its hard to tell just how many Fed ships it would take to bring down the Borg.

In FC there seemed to be anywhere from 30-50 when you take in ships destroyed and they had been fighting it for awhile.

These are newer more powerful ships so they pack more punch but realisticly it would still need 25ish ships per cube under a competent fleet commander to bring a Cube down.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

BEAUTIFUL! :shock:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos seems to be right, although I would expect that the greater number of Sovs, in place for the entirety of the battle, might shrink that number a bit.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Yeahhhhhhhhh... i think you're right :shock:

My starfleet fleet: 23,485 according to DITL strength indecies....
Against the 185,072 of the two cubes....

I think they are going to need some backup...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Now that kicks ass. :D
But, yeah, resistance is definately futile for Starfleet in this instance...
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Starfleet is just futile! :lol:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

well, maybe this is just the opening salvos, and these are the ships that were at Utopia Planitia (it is mars after all)... we will pretend that they got another 60 ships scrambled lol...
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I think Graham's stats for the Borg are too strong - Voyager put up a fight with a Tactical Cube and wasn't destroyed. You'd expect it to last about half a second with the stats on DITL. 4 quantum torpedos destroyed an unshielded Borg Sphere, suggesting that the quantum torpedos of the Sovs/Defiants could well pack quite a punch. You'd only expect bigger ships there too, as smallers ones would be worthless - it'd be like trying to bring down an F-22 with a bow and arrow. If all the ships on the picture concentrated one cube, you might expect it to be able to take it down with a competant commander. But against a tactical cube, or even two shown in the picture, I don't think they'd stand much of a chance.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Grahams stats for the the Borg also take in their super speed which isnt really relivant here.

But just because something has higher possible stats doesnt mean it cant be taken down by a lesser strengh ship/fleet.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos has the right of it - a ship's stats don't take into account the ingenuity and skill of its commander and staff or any other intangible factors.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

There are, however, limits to the "great commander" effect. Napoleon's Grand Army wouldn't have beaten 3rd Shock Army, regardless of troop or commander quality. Likewise a Fed ship on it's own (Endgame excepted) is not going to beat a Borg cube. I strongly suspect that the sphere in FC had lost it's shields, just as the E-E did, going through the time corridor.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Captain Seafort wrote: I strongly suspect that the sphere in FC had lost it's shields, just as the E-E did, going through the time corridor.
Thorin wrote:4 quantum torpedos destroyed an unshielded Borg Sphere
:wink:

The speed is taken into too large a factor - also in Unimatrix a sphere and Voyager manage to destabilise the cube's shields enough to beam through - really suggesting that with a competant commander they could get somewhere, or someone who has intimate knowledge of the Borg (Picard).
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

*squints* Bugger. *cleans glasses*

That's better, sorry.

Unimatrix Zero doesn't make clear how badly the TC's shields were disrupted. Were they just able to beam into an unimportant part of the ship, or could they have pulled the "beam a torpedo next to the warp core" trick from Dark Frontier? Either way, the fact that there was only a slight disruption shows that they would have had to throw a lot more firepower at the ship to punch a hole in it.

Regarding the stats, I both agree and disagree. Including the speed allows some estimation of a ship's strategic usefulness, while distorting it's tactical abilities.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Oh I agree with everything you just said - but if a puny Intrepid and Borg Sphere can do that much damage to beam something through, then a small fleet with a Sovereign, Galaxy, Nebula, Prometheus, Defiant, Akira...
Also they could still beam a torpedo through - while it might not be next to an important system like the warp core, they could cause a hell of a lot of damage. If every ship beams a quantum torpedo or photon torpedo through... Also this would be especially good on a tactical cube, which while unshielded, still has that massive armour, so bypassing the shields and armour would do a decent bit of damage.