Post by IanKennedy »

Welcome to the new DITL server.
email, ergo spam
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Welcome to the new server

Post by alexmann »

IanKennedy wrote:Welcome to the new DITL server.
Is that why the website was not working earlier?
ImageImage
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Yay!!!!!!
Rejoice! booze and strippers for all I guess, I'll pass on it though, you guys go nuts.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

alexmann wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:Welcome to the new DITL server.
Is that why the website was not working earlier?
Overloading of the server shut everything down.
email, ergo spam
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Thanks. I wasn't sure what had happened but I could not get on to ask. Tell graham to ignore my email. And can you also fix some problems.
1. On the index everything has gone really thick and is on multiple lines
2. When I go to post something on the posting page the text I type is huge and so are the emoticons.
3. My UCP no longer shows things like my post count and my rank

Thanks!
ImageImage
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Try clearing your cache. Also visit the main site, at least once prior to coming to the forum. That should fix the issue.
email, ergo spam
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

IanKennedy wrote:Try clearing your cache. Also visit the main site, at least once prior to coming to the forum. That should fix the issue.
Have done and nothing happens :bangwall:
ImageImage
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

alexmann wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:Try clearing your cache. Also visit the main site, at least once prior to coming to the forum. That should fix the issue.
Have done and nothing happens :bangwall:
It sounds like you're on the mobile forum. If you go to http://www.ditl.org and then click forum that should sort it out.
email, ergo spam
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

I clicked it and it took me to the mobile site so i clicked standard site then Forum and now everything seems fine. Don't know why it was on the mobile version. Thank You!
ImageImage
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

alexmann wrote:I clicked it and it took me to the mobile site so i clicked standard site then Forum and now everything seems fine. Don't know why it was on the mobile version. Thank You!
It switches based on which site you are using. If you are using the mobile site then it uses the mobile forum. Only the main page decides which site you are using and records it in a cookie. The forum then uses that to cookie to decide which skin to use.
email, ergo spam
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

IanKennedy wrote:
alexmann wrote:I clicked it and it took me to the mobile site so i clicked standard site then Forum and now everything seems fine. Don't know why it was on the mobile version. Thank You!
It switches based on which site you are using. If you are using the mobile site then it uses the mobile forum. Only the main page decides which site you are using and records it in a cookie. The forum then uses that to cookie to decide which skin to use.
I am using a proper comuter though so I'm not sure why it decided to use the mobile site.
ImageImage
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

alexmann wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:
I am using a proper comuter though so I'm not sure why it decided to use the mobile site.
Because it decides based on the cookie, if that cookie is not there it seems to think it's on the mobile site, something I need to fix.
email, ergo spam
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

IanKennedy wrote:Because it decides based on the cookie, if that cookie is not there it seems to think it's on the mobile site, something I need to fix.
Do you need a hand with that?
ImageImage
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

alexmann wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:Because it decides based on the cookie, if that cookie is not there it seems to think it's on the mobile site, something I need to fix.
No, not at all :) . As your new I'll tell you what I do for a living. I'm Head of Programming for one of Oxford University's research departments. I've got about 25 years experience working in computer programming, and about 5 years before that in school and university. I've written commercially sold software outside of work. I know the following languages C, C++, C#, FORTRAN, Basic, Pascal, PHP, SQL, assembly language for about 3 or 4 different CPUs, and I've even written machine code in direct byte form (ie no assembler or compiler). Oh, and probably a lot more I've forgotten I've I know.
email, ergo spam
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

IanKennedy wrote:
alexmann wrote:
No, not at all :) . As your new I'll tell you what I do for a living. I'm Head of Programming for one of Oxford University's research departments. I've got about 25 years experience working in computer programming, and about 5 years before that in school and university. I've written commercially sold software outside of work. I know the following languages C, C++, C#, FORTRAN, Basic, Pascal, PHP, SQL, assembly language for about 3 or 4 different CPUs, and I've even written machine code in direct byte form (ie no assembler or compiler). Oh, and probably a lot more I've forgotten I've I know.
Sound Good. I just help other people with their websites and thought that you might be a bit busy and would like some help. If you don't thats fine by me.
ImageImage