SFDebris - Chrysalis

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

SFDebris - Chrysalis

Post by Nutso »

http://sfdebris.blip.tv/file/4688173/
Opinionated B5 Episode Guide now looks at the season ending episode, Chrysalis. Garibaldi is shot, Londo deals with the devil, Delenn is doubtful, G'kar is horny, and Sinclair tries to accomplish just one damn thing without screwing it up, and fails. Still, it's the start of a the new year!
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: SFDebris - Chrysalis

Post by Deepcrush »

While B5 has an annoying habit of being just that damn good... I liked watching the characters suffering through everything. Struggling to find out what the hell is going on.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I think thats probably B5's strength. There's no real Mary Sueishness, except for perhaps a little bit from Sinclair and Lockley.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Sinclair didn't bother me, Lockley just seemed weak though.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

In some ways I preferred Sinclair to Sheridan.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Sinclair was the flawed person to represent humanity at the beginning. Sheridan just came in and became the "savior" figure so quickly that it hurt. I don't have a problem with him, its just hard to relate to him. I think Garibaldi summed it up best in Season 5 when talking to Lockley. How Sheridan had a habit of just doing things that should be impossible and dying for it... coming back to life, dying again... and then doing it all again. With someone like that you can't watch them learn from their mistakes because there's nothing for them to learn. He was the right man in the right place at the right time. However Sinclair was the right man in the right place but in the wrong time. So we got to watch him struggle with how to handle things. Much like Lockley was, which is one of the reasons I was never a big fan of hers. She just seemed like a forced copy of Sinclair.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I would agree entirely.

So then, what would be a favourite character for you?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Garibaldi as a personal favorite because I can relate in a fashion. He deals through a lot of issues and shows what its like to have to constantly rebuild your life. For him it was due to problems such as drinking, for me it was because my work meant being alone and giving up on having a home life. I liked seeing him turn it all around and finally get to be happy. Which is something I hope for everyday, that I'll live long enough to say I finally made right for my past.

As a show favorite it would be Ivanova. She's the forever loyal follower to the cause she believes in. Never bending, never giving up and always pushing forward to see her commander's will carried out no matter the cost. When they thought Sheridan was dead, she stepped up to keep going. Nothing mattered but doing what Sheridan would have done were he there. She would have made a fine Marine.