The Green Hornet

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

The Green Hornet

Post by Lighthawk »

Saw this last night, should have picked a better film. I won't call it unwatchable, but it's not at all worth seeing at the theater. There are only two things worth seeing in this movie: Kato and the Black Beauty. Kato's fight scenes were seriously badass and enjoyable, and Jay Chou did a great job making the character likable, one of the only likable characters in the movie actually.

The Black Beauty, a rather fitting name, was an awesome car. Tops the batmobile all around as far as being a suped up crime fighting beast.

Unfortunately the movie is brought waaaay down by Seth Rogen. He starts out annoying as fuck, and maintains that throughout the entire freaking movie. He is a hyperactive dumbshit, and he plays that character to the hilt, without any freaking character growth. I actively disliked the character from beginning to end, and his constant half yelling style of speaking earns one of my rare uses of the phrase "rapes my eardrums."

The rest of the cast, while much less annoying, aren't much better really. The villain gets a great big MEH from me. I didn't like him, didn't hate him, just didn't give a damn. Same with the rest of the supporting cast, they were just...there. Everyone was just so flat and generic.

The action scenes were amazing, the comedy was hit and miss, everything else was meh.

3 out of 10. As truly awesome as the action was, it just can't make up for the fact that this was a weak, weak movie.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: The Green Hornet

Post by stitch626 »

Agreed on all points. Unfortunately the awesomeness of Kato and Black Beauty could not hold up the rest of the movie.

And they really should not have used Rogan. Or any "comedy" actor for that matter.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Van Williams was hardly better, so that might be what they were going for. And I can't imagine that the car in the movie or Jay Chou compare favorably to the TV car or Bruce Lee, anyway.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

One thing I loved was Chebnovsky, not the BS at the end, the original, I loved the first scene he was in when he threatened the new guy. It was epic, and it was really frightening, as opposed to the Bull we get with the rednovsky guy who doesn't know how to do anything really, whereas the original guy knew what he was doing... Then they just had to screw it up.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang