The Earth/Romulan War EPISODE I

alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The Earth/Romulan War EPISODE I

Post by alexmann »

"Computer, access the laser training file. What was the score of Lieutenant Darwin?" asked Dan.
"Lieutenant Darwin's highest score was 12%." replied the computer.
"12%! 12%! Hang on. Highest Score? Computer, how many attempts did this take?"
"Lieutenant Darwin took 10 attempts."
Conway didn't know whether to laugh or to scream. You needed 70% to pass and Darwin had taken 10 attempts to not even get a sixth of that.
He walked over to the com panel on the wall and pressed the activation button.
"Conway to Lieutenant Darwin."
A few seconds later the reply came through.
"Darwin here."
"12%! 12%? 12 damn percent! After 10 attempts! As soon as you're off duty come down here. I'm going to give you some special training. Conway out."
Conway's special training was a rather harsh method. Using Laser's set on the lowest stun, his victim would have to attempt to hit him before he hit them. The effects wore off after about a minute and he spent most of the time running rather than shooting. After all, he wanted to teach them, not torture them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A laser blast narrowly missed Conway.
"Good. You're definitely improving."
He ducked another beam, then span and blasted Darwin.
A minute later, when he regained consciousness, Dan offered him a hand up. Darwin's response was to fire.
When he came round he found himself in Sickbay with the new doctor leaning over him. His laser pistol was still in his hand.
"Dan! I didn't know you were assigned to the Aegis!" the doctor exclaimed.
"Vic! I've been meaning to come in and see you. Why am I here?" he asked groggily.
"You've been unconcsious for about an hour. Lieutenant Darwin thought he'd injured you. Something about a training excercise."
"Where is he now?" Dan asked.
Lieutenant Darwin stepped forward into his field of view.
Conway lifted his hand slightly and squeezed his finger. Darwin dropped to the floor.
The doctor smiled. "I wish you hadn't done that."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes!" shouted Darwin.
"Well done. 71% is a pass. Just."
"Thanks! I finally did it."
"If you want, I'd be happy to shoot you again."
ImageImage
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: The Earth/Romulan War EPISODE I

Post by Reliant121 »

"Commander, You're late," Nelson scorned, leaning against one of the consoles of the weapons training room. It was true, she was incredibly late for her appointment. Truth is, she had spent the last hour attempting to reinstall some surge protectors in one of the shield arrays that had burned out in a shield test. Her exacting standards which would more than likely simply pass muster for the chief Engineer had prevented her from reaching the training room in time.

The room was vast compared to most of the spaces on the ship; The room was flanked on each side with railings and warning signs. Surveillance systems also filled the room, as well as sealed cabinets containing training and live weapons. This room doubled as the armoury as well as a base of operations for the MACOs of which a few were loitering around in idle conversation. She could sense the animosity and contempt from some of them and found herself, much to her dismay, revelling in it.

"I apologise for my indiscretion, Nelson. I was...held up with other duties." Nelson glared daggers at her, a glare of which she returned with equally cold eyes. In the end he grunted and moved to the training console.

"Your duty side arm?" He said, looking behind him. Upon her belt was a well-polished standard issue laser pistol in its leather holster. He could at least approve of the proper maintenance she had enacted upon it. "Alright, Commander, take a look up the far wall," He said, nodding his head weakly toward the far wall. "You will have a number of targets, some moving and some stationary. Try to be as accurate as possible while maintaining accuracy and the computer will record the rest. We start with the lowest phaser setting; stand by the railing." He did not tell her how these weapons carried no drift; a test of her Memory more than anything. "Ready...begin!"

The first target appeared, around the middle of the course and immobile. She lifted the side arm and fired, striking the target around the lower stomach and knocking it off it's rack. A second popped from a moving rail on the ceiling, sliding quickly from left to right. She adjusted her aim and fired, knocking the target in the shoulder. The course continued, striking target after target. The MACO's watched with shock. The test soon drew to an end.

Nelson gave a rueful smile. "You were a little slow, commander. 98.7% accuracy and within time...Just: A pass. You missed twice, mainly due to waiting for the enemy to draw closer to you. Don't hesitate, the power pack can handle it." She bowed slightly and turned to leave. "Well done, once again commander."

"Thank you, Nelson." She said as she left.