Stargate: Universe Cancelled.

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Stargate: Universe Cancelled.

Post by Nutso »

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni6226931/
After weeks of speculation, Syfy just announced that it won't renew Stargate Universe for a third season, putting an end (for now) to the long-running Stargate franchise on the network. The upcoming 10 episodes of Stargate Universe's second season, which will air in the Spring, will be the series' last. The news follows the recent cancellation of another franchise Syfy series, the Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica. The Stargate franchise -- consisting of Stargate Sg-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe -- has aired on Syfy since 2002. Syfy's slate of returning series includes Warehouse 13, Eureka and Haven, which will be joined next year by new series Being Human, which launches on January 17, the recently greenlit series Alphas as well the Battlestar Galactica prequel movie/backdoor pilot Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome. »
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Stargate: Universe Cancelled.

Post by Tsukiyumi »

F*ck Syfy. I'm glad I didn't pay extra to get it.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Hey, now they'll have more time for Ghost Hunters and Wrestling!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Right. :roll:

Man, that network has just absolutely lost it.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Come on, now - that's the network that gave us Sharktopus!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Mikey wrote:Come on, now - that's the network that gave us Sharktopus!
I fucking lost it when Sharktopus started climbing a mountain.
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

:lol:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

It's not like alot of us didn't see this coming. SGU just didn't work because it wasn't LIKE SG1 or SGA. It wasn't any fun, and that damned shaky cam thing they do makes people nausiated. The characters just didn't grab you (hell, I couldn't even name them all off), and it was way to much like Voyager for me.

Maybe they'll do better with the next one.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I think thats the point covered. It's overly serious, therefore it seems rather bleak. The characters were just...dull and uninteresting. There was absolutely nothing to grab my interest, hence I stopped bothering around ep. 4.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I wonder if they'll wrap up the storyline and bring them home, kill them off, or lose them in space forever..............
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Mark wrote:It's not like alot of us didn't see this coming. SGU just didn't work because it wasn't LIKE SG1 or SGA. It wasn't any fun, and that damned shaky cam thing they do makes people nausiated. The characters just didn't grab you (hell, I couldn't even name them all off), and it was way to much like Voyager for me.
If I am ever asked to describe SG:U, that is what I'll say.
Maybe they'll do better with the next one.
I doubt it. They can't even spell Sci-Fi.
Stan - South Park
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Mark wrote:I wonder if they'll wrap up the storyline and bring them home, kill them off, or lose them in space forever..............
I'd imagine its just going to end. I thought they had the last 10 eps of series 2 done already. Then again they could try tack some sort of clip show "thing" onto the end like they did with enterprise
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

And therefore likely ruin any dignity left for the show...
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

They could easily reshoot the fifteen minutes it would take to resolve things for the crew one way or another. Hell, its an Ancient ship....they could just "Ascend" everybody.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I know it wasn't everyones favorite, but I really liked it. No it wasnt SG-1 or SGA, but I had more respect for it because of that. It wasn't the producer trying to simply redo SG-1 and cashin on old stories they'd already written. It was it's own series, it was darker because hell, the story is darker....how much would you have hated it if this group of people, completely unprepared, wind up trapped on an alien ship that is falling apart, and they all just hit it off and it's one big happy group that jokes and always does what's right....it would have been completely unrealistic.

SG-1 is always the best, there just isn't topping it, but I don't think that every SG show should aim to be SG1. SGU certainly didn't and I think it did well. idk what the critisisim about the characters is though....I know the characters, fairly well. SGU had more characters than SG-1 did though.

SG1: Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c, Hammond, Apophis, Anubis, Bra'tac, Jacob Carter/Selmak, Cameron Mitchel, Vala Mal Adoran, Thor, the doctor lady who's name escapes me. That's over 10 Season, and I think I hit all the major ones.....

SGU: Col. Young, Lt. James, Lt. Scott, Msgt. Greer, Rush, Brody, Eli, Chloe, Dr Parks, TJ, Camille Wray, Colonel Telford, and the one other doctor that is often working with Brody or Parks. All of those characters were from day one.....they had to develop them all, and I think they did so well, and would have loved to have seen where else it went with them.

I know the sentiment won't be shared by all, but I liked the show and am sorely disappointed that it is being canceled. :cry:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.