Actual RP thread.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Re: Zombie RP

Post by Lighthawk »

It was looking to be a good day as far as Brooke was concerned. Little Italy, the restaurant where she worked, had been busy without being slammed, keeping her occupied without running her ragged. Better still, that bitch Rachael had been absent, having called in sick the day before. Petty as it was, Brooke had found some delight in hearing the woman's suffering tones over the phone.

Brooke changed out of her work clothes in the restaurant bathroom, stuffing the food and greased stained clothing into the heavy duty plastic bag she brought with her for just that purpose, to contain the kitchen smell that had soaked into the fabric over the last eight hours. She changed into her typical get up of running shoes, loose jeans, a tank top and leather jacket. Heading outside, she stuffed the plastic bag into the small luggage case on the back of her motorcycle before getting on the bike and heading out for home.
Last edited by Lighthawk on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Zach continued his efforts to get off the phone, a process which he'd been trying to accomplish since it rang 15 minutes ago. "Yeah, Ma, I heard about Fat Paulie... No, Ma, Cardone had nothin' to do with it - maybe it really was a heart attack. You know, there's a reason he was called Fat Paulie. No, Ma! You know I ain't been around them since Billy Iannarone got sent up... Yeah, Ma, I heard guys talkin' about it... No, Ma, I ain't a mindless cannibal undead creature... No, Ma, I ain't seein' anybody serious... Listen, Ma, I gotta go - tree guys called out dead today, an' I got like 15 hours of tickets... yeah, everybody's leaving the city and tryin' to get tune-ups and shit.... yeah, I keep a bag packed in the car, in case I gotta take Lucky to lay low for a couple days. Alright, I love you too, Ma. I'll call you next week sometime. Yeah, Ma, I'll say a rosary."

Finally free, Zach slid the phone into his pocket and slid himself on his dolly under the brake job he was doing. Normally one of the kids would be doing it, but what did he care? He could change oil all day, but he'd still be pulling A-tech hours. "Friggin' A," he said to nobody in particular. "Friggin' zombies, of all things."
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

"Ortega, get out from under that thing, I thought you went home last night."
Brian pulled himself out from under the Civic he had been fixing. His eyes were bloodshot and his body was covered with grease. He walked over to the coffee machine and poured another cup of the black slop.
"Sorry boss, but I was halfway through replacing the transmission and didn't want to put it off. After that was done, I figured I would finish working on the car since not much was left."
His boss shook his head and smiled. "You always were dedicated. Look, I can't afford to pay you overtime, so how 'bout you take the day off and I pay you for the hours."
Brian shrugged and headed home.

The hour walk seemed much further than usual. A lot of people were rushing around, even for the city. When he got home, Brian turned on the TV to catch some news before sleeping away the day.
"This just in. Police were called to the scene of a gruesome murder committed by cannibals this morning. Those close by are shocked, and the images we have recorded are too gruesome to air. Lets just say..."
"Thats just sick." Brian said as he turned off the TV and went to his room, making sure to lock the door and set the alarm.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

After working a long day in the computer shop Ryan turned off the last computer in the otherwise empty shop, got up, and turned around to go get his stuff ready to go home for the night. He had a lot on his mind, mostly all the news he had been hearing about Zombies, he had heard in the past the nuts coming in talking about them, but getting businessmen talking about zombies walking around town isn't normal. He hoped that he wouldn't have to deal with them, however was more than glad to he regularly carried his small switchblade just in case. After grabbing his jacket, and turning off the remaining lights and displays, he grabbed his keys laying on the table in the back room, walked out of the room, out of the store, locked the door behind him, and continued on his way home.

He hailed a taxi cab over to get home as soon as possible, he didn't want to be out if he could help it, especially since it was already dark out. Once he got into the cab he noticed on the news the headline "Zombies invade city". He watched it until he could bear it no longer. "These news channels are so useless nowadays aren't they?" he nonchalantly asked the cab driver. The driver ignored him. Five minutes passed before he was outside his house, "Glad to see it was a pretty quiet night, especially for the news, you'd think people would be frantic or something" he put the cash in the partition and waited for the cabbie to take it and get the change back. "Just keep the change" he finally said after about 30 seconds of awkward silence. The cabbie said nothing and Ryan stepped out of the cab.

He started towards his apartment complex when he heard a loud crash and turned around to see the cab he just stepped out of run into oncoming traffic. He ran over to see how he could help, and waited for the police and ambulance to arrive after calling 911. The cab was a wreck, and blood was everywhere, not being trained in any sort of medical care all he could do is stand around and hope the ambulance got there in time. After a fairly long response time of about 20 minutes the cops finally arrived. "It's been like hell tonight, this is the fourth cabbie to run himself into oncoming traffic, what is with them tonight?" The officer said to Ryan as he was exiting his patrol car and walking towards the mangled front end of the car. "You said you had just left the cab? Did the cabbie seem drunk, or tired?" he asked Ryan routinely. "He seemed just fine, a little quiet, but otherwise ok, do you think he'll make it?" The cop looked into the cab with a horrified look on his face. "No way, he's already gone" the cop pried open the door as wide as he could before he pulled the man out, as he pulled him out the man lifted his head and bit the cops hand that was grasping his own. The cop let the man go quickly and left him, "Damn bastard bit me, what the hell, how much worse can these guys get." "You all right?" "Yeah, barely got me, just hurts, idiot cabbie, what the hell was he thinking" The cop walked over to his car and called something in. "Can I head in? I live right up stairs in apartment 45" "Yeah, go ahead, if we need anything we'll come up."

Ryan turned around and headed into his apartment, he pulled out his keys and unlocked the door and walked in. He grabbed his mail and headed to the elevator. On his way over he say his landlord "Hey sir, I'll have my rent to you by tomorrow morning, sorry I couldn't get it to you today, got real busy at work today." "No problem Ryan, it isn't due until Wednesday anyway, you still have two days before your even on time" He chuckles as he talks, knowing his rent is the only one he will never hound for. "Yeah, but if it's the first thing I get out of my wallet it means that I know I'll still have a roof over my head, and I'd rather that then another crappy video game." Ryan responded with a great deal of humor in his voice. "As long as I get it, I'm happy, have a good night, oh, and watch out for Zombies, I hear their on the prowl tonight" the landlord said almost dead serious. "Will do Mr. Morison. Don't want one of those things getting a hold on me." The elevator door close in front of him as he jokes with the landlord one last time.

He steps into his small one room apartment and grabs some cereal out of the cupboard and grabs a bowl to put it in, while starting up his two computers, one for managing store data, and the other for managing his social life. After pouring the bowl of cereal he goes onto check every possible news source he can on the "Zombie invasion". "I wonder what conspiracies have been cooked up now that the mass media has a hold of it." He said to himself. He chuckled at a couple sources he first ran across, and then slowly became much more serious as the sources became more and more reputable. "This can't be true" he said in disbelief. He shut down the laptop after about five minutes and turned to the other one to monitor the stores tapes of the day and inventory everything he sold. "I'm too damn tired to finish this up tonight, there's always tomorrow, the world isn't going to end tonight now is it" he said without purpose to himself as he shut off the monitor and slumbered off to his bed after putting the dish in his sink.

He lied down, and fell asleep after only about four or five minutes of lying in bed.

It was 12:45 AM
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

12:55 AM

" What's the hold-up, Jimmy? You got a thing for that guy, or are you just scared to ruin your only f*ckin' pair of pants?" Tommy was holding the door of the van open, while Will smirked to himself off to the side. The fog obscured everything else beyond the edge of the nearby dock.

James stared at the smug, fat, middle-aged scumbag his uncle trusted to run the less tasteful side of his dry-cleaning business, grasping the end of a rolled-up carpet, " My name is James, remember? And this is bullsh*t. You said you just wanted to scare this guy."

Tommy chuckled nervously, running his hands over his balding head, " Hey, I'm sure he was freakin' terrified. Just get him in the van, okay?"

" Sure, boss. Just good to know whether people will stick to what they say, you know? Now I know." James heaved the carpet into the waiting work van, wiping his hands on his pants with distaste. Tommy nodded, and started to laugh when his expression suddenly changed.
Will grimaced, walking past the two toward a man stumbling around in the alleyway between the dockside warehouses. He seemed to be piss-drunk, shambling along, bouncing against the wall while he munched away at what looked like a large turkey leg.

" Crazy night, huh pal? Why don't you f*ck off back to your gutter, eh?" Will stalked toward the guy; his hand was in his coat pocket, probably on the handgrip of his USP Compact. The drunken guy didn't slow down; he glanced up at Will and dropped the turkey leg. For a moment in the headlights of the van, it looked like he had dark gravy all over his face and down his shirt.

James had a bad feeling about this whole thing. He suddenly wasn't even concerned about the police catching them with the businessman-in-a-blanket he'd just chucked in the van, " Will. Back off, man. Back away, man."

Will turned around, pulling the .357 from his pocket, " I got this, Jimmy... Pal, I told you to f*ck o "

As Will turned back, the man closed the gap in a swift lunge, biting down on Will's carotid and dragging him to the ground. Tommy's labored gasping from behind James was barely audible over Will's gurgling screeches.

James spun, and ran for the van, ignoring Tommy's chest clutching and wheezing routine as he reached behind the driver's seat. Everything else became quiet except the blood pounding in his head; Tommy's pained cry from behind him seemed to be muted. Almost like he were rolled up in a carpet. James grinned.

He spun rapidly, swinging the crowbar he'd bludgeoned the poor average shmoe with not thirty minutes ago, and connected with Tommy's face. Blood shot from his nose and lip as his cheek shattered, and he twirled to the ground in a heap.

" Damn." James grunted as he realized his mistake. Tommy must've stumbled over after the drunk or druggie guy attacked him. The turkey-druggie was down on one knee, trying to wobble to his feet. James didn't waste any time: he sprinted forward and over to Will's motionless form, dropping to his knee to pick up the handgun. He stood back up, checking the chamber before charging back to the van, shutting the side door before sliding behind the wheel and reversing rapidly. In the van's headlights, he could see a small pink sneaker on the end of the "turkey leg".

James had been listening to the radio as they drove to visit the delinquent businessman's office; he'd heard all the talk about 'zombies' and the rest as Will and Tommy blabbed on about the young ladies they were banging behind their wives' backs. He just didn't really grasp the reality of it until one of the things took care of his two asshole partners after apparently chowing down on somebody's kid. Now, it seemed to have turned back to Will; it was apparently eating his face.

Tommy started struggling to his feet before James calmly put the gear in "D" and plowed him under-wheel with a wet crunching sound.

" He was dead already." James droned as he casually drove away from the dock, and into the fog that was spreading away from the bay. He tuned the radio back to the news, and raised the volume slightly.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

"And CUT!!" the director yelled. The buzzer rang as the cameras shifted out, and the director reviewed the footage they just shot. After a moment of calls from the crew, the director announced with a smile, "That's a wrap people!"

Tal stood back and smiled, accepting the applause from the other cast members and crew. When the rumor of these zombies first surfaced, predictably Hollywood jumped on board with enthusiasm, hence his starring role in "The Return", Hollywood's first high budget Zombie horror/action movie in years. Naturally, he played the only man who could singlehandedly stop the Zombie invasion, with a variety of guns, knives, explosives, and his trusty sword. The movie started to receive some bad PR when the real zombies started eating people, but in Hollywood its widely agreed that the only bad press is no press. As the cast and crew began to filter off to the wrap party, Tal hung back, struggling with his costume jacket. In the movie, his character wore a black leather jacket, with a razor chain wrapped around the outside, which he could use to quickly whip out and decapitate a zombie. In reality, the damned this caught on everything, including the buckles and zipper.

"Need a hand?" a sexy voice asked from behind Tal. He turned to see Yvonne, the stunning production assistant looking at him boldly.

With a grin he asked, "Do you always offer to help men undress?"

Returning the smile, she said "More often than you think. Especially when I've got some help." With that, she glanced over to her right, where Tal saw a carbon copy of the sexy little minx.

With a knowing smile she said "That's my sister, Yvette. Yes, we're twins, and yes " her breath fell to a sexy whisper "We like to do everything together."

With a smile, Tal said "Let's put that to the test."

----

Tal woke to a slobbering sound. He had fallen into an exhausted sleep several hours before, after those twins had managed to drain him completely and utterly. They gave a whole new meaning to family bonding, and he was quite sure most of what the three of them did was illegal in some states. The first thing he realized was that it was dark. The second thing he realized was that the bed was empty. Sitting up, he looked around the master bedroom. With a smile, he saw the two sisters huddled over something on the floor. Wondering what kinky thing they were up to now, he crossed the room to them, just about to ask, when he saw all the blood.

They were hunched down over the body of Hilda, his matronly house keeper. Her expression was frozen in a mask of pain and horror, as the twins shoveled gobs of still quivering flesh into their mouths. He gasped in astonishment, and both heads spun around. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Those beautiful, sexy faces were contorted in hideous expressions, and the eyes ..the eyes looked dead. He stood frozen as they jumped at him, mouths open and hands outstretched like claws.

He assumed a defensive stance to fight for his life.
Last edited by Mark on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deep said....
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

*NEWS FLASH*

Military closes island, zombies spreading through out the city. Residents are told to stay in their homes and barricade as well as they can. Avoid the streets, avoid public areas!

(Message repeats)
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Ryan wakes up in the morning expecting nothing more than a normal day. Once he turns on the news he realizes how wrong he is.

The alert came loud and clear through his booming sound system, as useless as it is to him now. He turns off the news and thinks to himself about the logic behind their commands.

"If I stay inside then whatever happens to be out there has free reign over me, however there has to be a reason behind them not wanting anyone around public areas. That means that they are afraid of a lot of people in any given area. What would make a lot of people in any given area a danger? I guess it would have to be some sort of infection that they don't want to get out. But if it's an infection why would the military be containing the island, if it was a disease the CDC would be setting up containment, not the military, the military setting it up means that it has to be a danger to people physically, not just a danger to them through pathogenic infection. Someone must have felt that guns should be available to the containment force. So if the need for military is there, then that must mean that there is something actually dangerous. So if there's something dangerous out there that needs to be contained by force then that means that it can probably break through my door fairly easily. So staying in my house probably is no safer than moving around. So I guess I'll be going out for the day."

Ryan decided that he was going to head off to work and if needed would help out around there.

He grabbed a broom stick in order to protect himself enough to run, and then headed out the door. He wondered just how much he would need to protect myself, and wasn't sure if he would be safe with just a broomstick.

Ryan walked down the street to the convenience store that was run by the family that lived upstairs. He walked into the store, the bell rang, and no one came to say hello like they usually do, no one came to ring him up, nothing happened, it was completely empty, and as quiet as the streets were. No one was honking their horns, no one was revving their engines. Not a sound came from the streets in fact. He decided he would just grab an energy drink and leave the money on the counter.

"Hope nothing bad happened, I mean it's just a few steps, but they usually try to follow the letter of the law, so they're probably upstairs."

On his way down to the Computer shop he ran into a homeless man who wanted some money to get some food, "Here's a 20, but I don't think you'll find many people who will be selling things." He thanked Ryan and stood up and walked the other way. Ryan continued on his way to work, after about 20 minutes he saw the homeless man again, moving his way. He kept walking and checking back until the homeless man disappeared. Once he disappeared Ryan stopped looking back. In another 15 minutes he saw something eating in one of the alleyways. It looked up at him and he saw the homeless man's coat and a resemblance of the homeless man, underneath the blood covering his face from whatever meal he was indulging on. Ryan turned and continued on, and just ignored what he had just seen.

Finally he reached the Computer shop, it was completely empty. He opened up the shop, started all the computers up, and got to work on the reports due for the next week, as well as finalizing some plans to go to the West Coast.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Brooke frowned in annoyance at the radio, which kept repeating the same short, mostly useless message. She'd stepped out on the balcony of her 3rd floor apartment to check on her plants, but the odd news report had interrupted the daily routine. The watering can sat on the railing, unused, as Brooke flipped through the stations, but the message was playing on every one.

"Zombies..." she muttered. "Bunch of nonsense." Still, the streets were mostly empty below, a stark contrast to the norm. Whatever was actually going on, it was keeping people indoors.

Turning off the radio, she spent a few moments caring to her plants, then got dressed for her morning run, not about to let something as silly as zombies throw her whole day off. On the way out the door though, she paused to grab the hunting knife from the hall closet. The blade had been a gift from her father, back when they used to go hunting together. Brooke had never been all that interested in killing animals for sport, but the early mornings had been peaceful, it had been quality time well spent with her dad, and it had been good experience for her culinary career. Dressing and then butchering whole, freshly killed meat had been wonderful practice for her knife skills.

The knife was heavy, with an eight inch blade and weighted handle. Brooke pulled it free of the sheath to check it over, and found it clean and sharp as ever, having taken regular care of the tool. With an annoyed sigh at herself, she slipped it back into the sheath and pulled the case free of the harness that would let it be worn on the thigh. Stripped of the extra buckles and straps, the knife and sheath just fit into the small hip pouch she wore for her runs, though she had to work a bit to wedge it in with her water bottle.

"Getting paranoid," she told herself as she slipped out her front door and into the building hallway. She took the stairs down and stepped out on the streets. The lack of people was...eerie, and Brooke found herself sticking to the block her apartment was on while she began her warm up jogging.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tal weaved in and out of traffic. His heart was still thudding in his ears as he saw the city going nuts around him. He couldn't help but remember what had happened back in his penthouse.

----

Only his trained reflexes saved him. He spun to the side, allowing both women to fly past him. As he spun into a ready stance, he realized how ridiculous he must look, standing there completely naked, fighting for his life in a struggle with two naked female zombies. He could see this being a different kind of movie in the future should he sell the idea to the adult film industry. One of the twins recovered quicker and charged at him. He sent her flying back across the room with a powerful back spin kick. As he recovered, the second zombie reached for him. He slipped her grasp and stepped behind her catching her head in one hand and her chin in the other, then violently twisting. An audible snap echoed through the room as her neck snapped with a sound like a tree truck splitting. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to affect her all that much. With her head now lolling to the side, she swung with claw like fingers and gashed him across his chest, not causing much damage, but hurting like hell, and pissing him off.

With a growl, he grabbed her by the hair, pulling her off balance just as her sister again dove for them, causing them to tangle themselves, giving him time to flee through his bedroom door into the living room of his penthouse. He darted across the room to his open bar, and grabbed a bottle of expensive brandy off the shelf, hurling at the doorway as the flesh eaters burst through. It burst open on the door frame, spraying across Yvette as she charged forward, with her broken neck still not supporting the weight of her head. With an evil smile he snapped open a zippo lighter that was lying on the bar as well and tossed it at her, engulfing her in flame with a great WOOSH as her dead skin started to burn and her hair caught fire.

Tal's eyes widened as the fire began to consume her; she continued to move forward, even as her sister outstripped her and leapt over the bar at him. Quickly grabbing a corkscrew he punched out with it, catching her in the eye causing eyeball jelly to squirt all over and her to stumble back. He seized the opportunity to flee from the bar to the kitchen where he armed himself with two large butcher knives.

The one eyed zombie had started after him again, and he brought both knives into a ready position. She reached for him with both hands outstretched, as if to tear chunks of his body out with her nails alone. He quickly snapped both blades in a half moon, severing both hands at the wrists, so only lightly bleeding stumps bumped against him. He kicked out at her knee, snapping the joint and forcing her to the floor. He ducked just in time as the flaming zombie tried to grab him in a firey embrace. He buried both knives into her stomach and forced her backwards towards his balcony. Together they crashed through the sliding glass door, and with one final push of the knife handles tossed the flaming body over the railing, to drop 50 stories down. Tal doubted even a zombie would be getting up again after such a fall.

Looking back into his living room, he saw the room smoldering with small flames and the handless, one eyed, one legged zombie still trying to crawl after him. Carefully avoiding the broken glass with his feet, he picked up a promising looking shard and smiled evilly as he approached the relatively helpless monster.

After Tal had finished experimenting with his pet zombie, he was not only feeling a bit better about himself, but was a bit more familiar with what it takes to kill zombies. He'd armed himself with his last two butcher knives, and dressed in jeans, t-shirt, and his movie jacket. He'd packed a couple of bags with essentials, and made his way down to his Hummer. He had the feeling it was time to get the hell out of dodge.

----

All around him on the streets, he saw chaos. Zombies were openly attacking anything that moved. They were throttling pedestrians, as well as dragging people from cars. He was suddenly glad he didn't buy that little Porsche convertible, as he saw one dumbass with his top torn open and his partially eaten corpse hanging half out of the car. Every so often, zombies would step into traffic, and most normal law abiding citizens would stop for them, only to meet their doom. Tal didn't stop, and had to hit his windshield wipers to get the gore off his Hummer's windshield. He wasn't the smartest person in the world but knew well enough that he needed more tools to survive. His Hummer, a couple of kitchen knives, and personal effects wouldn't get him very far. He suddenly realized exactly where he would find all kinds of toys. His movie was a high budget one. All the props they had were top of the line pieces, certainly no rubber knives or cap guns like in those B movies. He thought longingly about the sword his character carried in the movie, as well as those assorted guns. They were real working weapons, just loaded with blanks. Load them with live ammo, and he'd be a real honest to God zombie killing machine, and he might just survive. He steered his Hummer onto the highway and headed for the studio.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Brian woke up to the ring of his telephone. He picked up the receiver, just to silence the shrill beeping.

"Hello? Sorry boss, I'm still asleep, didn't catch that."

Listening to his boss on the phone, Brian walked downstairs and turned on the television. His face paled as the news was repeated over and over.

"Are they serious? Zombies? And they are closing the island. Yeah, boss, I know. No, I live alone, and my family isn't in the city. You just watch yourself, I gotta go. Call again if you need something."

Brain put the phone down and began to go through his house, drawing closed all the curtains and locking every possible entrance. Then he started to collect what he could of valuables, anything that could help him survive if he was forced to leave the house.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tal approached the studio and saw the main gate was smashed to pieces. Glancing at the guard booth he didn't see any of the familiar faces sitting reading the paper, watching TV, or surfing some Star Trek website the guys all loved. Instead, he saw large amounts of blood on the inside of the windows, and the door appeared to be locked from the inside. Unlike the morons in the movies who get out to investigate and get killed, Tal just cruised right by. He looked around carefully and saw shambling figures off in the distance by the other studios. He pulled up right in front of Studio 7 where they'd been shooting and carefully got out. Looking around, he didn't see anything concrete but once his engine was shut off, he swore he could hear the rustle of clothing coming from somewhere. As he opened the door, he prickling on the back of his neck and spun around, instantly trying to bring his knife up to a guard position. However, he heard a meaty thunk at about chest level. Before he realized what is going on, he'd buried his knife up to the hilt through the jaw then up into the brain of Todd, the midget production assistant. No wonder Tal hadn't noticed him as he crept forward and tried to take a bite out of him. As the zombies body fell twitching to the ground, he remembered to keep an eye out for short zombies as well.

The inside of the sound stage looked exactly how they left it. He ran over to what the props people called The Armory which was in reality just a padlocked mesh cage. Quickly he opened lock and stepped inside. Looking around, he smiled. He was surrounded by his personal movie arsenal. He found his characters M1911 .45 Colt ACP pistol which he tucked into his belt. He also found four of the MP5Ks that they had him using. In the movie he always fought two handed, and had a gun in each hand. He was burning through so many blanks the heat from the guns would screw up his make up, so he had to change pairs every so often, an annoyance at the time, but one he was glad for now. He also grabbed the full sized MP5 that his ill fated side kick was using and gleefully started loading the weapons into an empty duffel bag he found in a corner.

Once he had the guns loaded up, he looked through the cabinets hoping against hope to find some live ammo, but since the Brandon Lee fiasco, studios didn't dare keep any real bullets anywhere close to the sets. The only bullets he'd find on the studio would be with the studio police, which would be his next stop. He did however, load all the extra mags he could find. Once he found bullets, he found the idea of quickly reloading very appealing.

Opening the last trunk made him smile in pure joy. It was the swords chest. In the movie, his character was known for his sword which he used to behead zombies. As such, there were several swords there. He ignored the dulled ones, the ones that were hollowed out and filled with fake blood, and the others, but pulled out the two real ones. Several scenes in the movie called for him to quickly draw and slash through various objects, thus props had provided him with a real, honest to goodness sword. And, the studio being how it was, expected one to disappear at any time, so they had an identical commissioned. They were blatant rip offs of the one used by Wesley Snipes in the Blade movies, just had slightly larger hilt guards and different hilts to avoid any legal conflicts.

He tucked one into the bag of guns which he zipped up, and strapped the other one across his shoulder and back. He slung the bag of weapons over his other shoulder, then drew his sword, and started to make his way out of the building. However, in front of his Hummer, he saw two more zombies waiting for him. He snapped his sword around quickly, lopping off the head of the first. The second charged, only to meet a jump kick to the forehead, forcing it back. Tal spun, whipping his blade out again, this time taking off the top half of the zombies head, right at the eyes. It too fell twitching to the ground, as Tal noticed two more of the walking dead, in this case, running dead, heading his way. Tossing his bag into his Hummer, he gunned the motor and took off towards the Studio Police Station, in search of ammunition.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tal pushed the door to the small substation open. He'd arrived and circled the block, not seeing any shambling corpses in the area, but he wasn't taking anything for granted. When he was satisfied that he was alone, he pulled up on the lawn as close to the front door as he could before getting out and entering the building.

Looking around, he was stunned at the chaos. Spent casings were all over, as well as broken furniture, shattered glass, meaty chunks of blasted away zombie flesh, and two dead policemen. He quickly searched the small building. To his disappointment, the armoury had been cleared out of anything useful, likely by the survivors before they fled. Not knowing what else to do, he turned his attention to the dead cops.

They were a mixed pair. One was young and roughly Tal's size while the other looked like he was in his sixties and seriously overweight. The bodies lay there like some gruesome before and after display. He quickly stripped off each officer's nylon Sam Brown belt and inventoried the contents.

Each officer had a fully loaded 9mm Beretta M92F pistol, with a 15 round magazine plus one round in the chamber, as well as two spare mags each. Each one also had a canister of real mace on their belts, not that pepper spray crap. Both had flashlights as well, at which Tal had to chuckle. The younger guy had one of those new, high power, million candlelight jobbies, called a Stinger. The older guy carried an old fashioned 6 D cell mag light, that security guards carry when they can't carry clubs. He took both, laughing at the difference.

Finally, on the younger cop, he found an early Christmas present. He was wearing the torso portion of some SWAT armour, complete with ballistic plates.

Tal grabbed both duty belts, and the armour. And, as a last minute whim, took both men's badges and wallets as well. Seeing nothing else he could find useful in the immediate area, he left.

----

Tal spent a few moments pulled over in his Hummer away from traffic. He'd stripped the rounds from the extra 9mm mags and fully loaded a mag for his MP5, as well as one of his MP5Ks. He'd rearranged one of the police gun belts placing a holstered Beretta on each hip, with a can of mace, the stinger flashlight, and the empty mag pouches as well. Hopefully he could find some more bullets and fully load his weapons. He placed the large D cell under his seat, and carefully concealed his second mace can, just in case. He had one or two more stops to make before he left town. He started up and steered towards a military surplus store a guy he knew ran. The guy had all kinds of stuff Tal needed. Extra clothing, Kevlar helmets, knives, canteens, and field rations. Plus, if Tal knew ol' Stevie, he could likely find more weapons and ammo there as well. After all, ol' Stevie wasn't exactly the most balanced fellow out there.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

"Alright, monkeys, wrap up!" Pat shouted, getting the attention of the few techs who had shown up for work. Not 5 minutes ago, they had all heard the announcement on the radio about the state of emergency being imposed and the military cordon of the city. Zach couldn't believe that there was so much fuss about what he considered nonsense, but go fig. Apparently, the shop was closing up along with the rest of the dealership until the problem was dealt with... or at least figured out.

"Oh, maron," he said half aloud. He had a gold mine's worth of jobs in his folder, and he could have really used the cash right about now. His mind raced as he selected some items from his chest and threw them into his toolkit: wrenches, ratchets, a ball-peen hammer, a slim-jim, a multi-meter, an air compressor, and his old hickory tire-knocker. He hung up the air gun he'd been using, locked down his lift, and went over to punch the ticket he'd been working on. Tommy! he thought. Tommy'll set me up with some work. He loaded the toolkit into the crossbox in the bed of his truck, thought about the warning on the radio, pulled out the hammer, and tucked it into the hammer loop on his carpenter jeans. He also tossed the tire-knocker onto the front seat of the truck. He checked in the back set of the extended cab; there were a few cartons of smokes and a handful of bottles of booze, both courtesy of a couple of truck jobs Tommy had pulled. He pulled a couple of lighters out from the armrests of the truck and tossed them in the bag with the cigarettes, them made sure the overnight bag of grub and clothes was still there - on that score, at least, he'd been honest with his ma.

He speed-dialled Tommy's number - not listed under "Iannarone," of course - while he pulled out onto MLK Boulevard and headed for the section north of downtown. "Tommy, it's Zach D.," he said when the phone was answered. "Yeah, I heard. That's why I'm calling. Can I come by and sit down for a minute?... Yeah, alright, I'll be there in a few."

He swung the truck off of MLK at the uptown exit and tracked back east through the grid until he came by Tommy's place. There were, unbelievably, parking spots in front of the building owing to the panicked exodus when the "zombie" rumors started. The elevator was empty as he rode up to 4, as was the hallway when he walked down to Tommy's door. "Open up, Tommy, it's Zach," he announced. The door opened and Zach walked in without a second thought.

"What the hell is that?" Tommy laughed when he saw the hammer hanging from Zach's pants.

"Hey, I dunno if I gotta protect myself, you know," Zach said defensively. "You know I don't carry no more since your little bro..." he cut himself off, then brightened. "Unless, you know, you got a piece you could loan me, you know, until all this s**t gets sorted..."

Tommy's jaded face broke into laughter again. "Yeah, hold on, buddy." Tommy disappeared into his bedroom for a moment and made some shuffling noises. When he returned he had two pistols perched on top of a shoe box in his arms. "Here," he said, tossing the box on the couch by Zach. He took one of the pistols, put it into the waistband at the back of his pants, and handed the other to Zach. "Glock 32C," said Tommy, ".357SIG with a gas-vent. Take those" - he indicated the shoe box - "I've got plenty. Opening the lid, Zach found 5 extra magazines for the smallish pistol.

"Thanks, T," Zach answered, taking one of the guns and racking the slide. "I owe you."

"Nah," answered Tommy, "we got too much history for that."

"That's the other thing, T," Zach continued. "Shop's closed for who knows how long. How's things? You know, I mean, you need a body or something? You know I'm good for whatever, right?"

"Stay put, buddy," Tommy answered. "I'll make some coffee, and I'll call some guys. I'll see what I can do."

Zach pulled a pack of smokes from his work shirt pocket, lit one, and took a deep drag. Some s**t, me back in, he thought. Guess it ain't any weirder than friggin' zombies, though.
as Bull offed Custer