Investigate Missing Ship
17%
Rescue ambushed station/ship
17%

Total votes: 6
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: These are the voyages?

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:Check with Reliant first....he had the XO slot on the Buran. And we might want to make two characters each, considering that only 3 or 4 of us even seem slightly interested.

Obviously, I'm keeping Nelson, just giving him a bigger team. I figure we can duke it out face to face with the Remans without violating Trek cannon. I'll likely keep Xiva with us somehow, but if needed, I can play any character in a starship role.

I need commitments from those playing before I can write the story.
True. Do we have a committment from Reliant? (To the PM Machine!)

{Edit} What do you think of the general plotline though? Details of who's characters are where can be hammered out easily enough. If Reliant wants, when he reads this, I am willing to take over his character. Also, the XO is Vulcan so depending on his desires, we could say she was recalled by Vulcan command? IDK. Of course it's up to you Reliant.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm in, but I'm keeping to one character. I'm finding it a hard enough time to keep up with several characters in the Daystrom RP, so I don't want to take on more than i can handle. I'll keep a hold on T'Varaan.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Reliant121 wrote:I'm in, but I'm keeping to one character. I'm finding it a hard enough time to keep up with several characters in the Daystrom RP, so I don't want to take on more than i can handle. I'll keep a hold on T'Varaan.
Excellent!
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I have a suggestion regarding the command structure.

Let's forget the NPC Captain. There's little difference, as we use each others characters, as long as we play them appropriatly.

Make Federov the Captain, and Reliants Vulcan character the First Officer again.

That'll leave most the major slots open.

BTW....I've decided what I'm gonna do for my second character.......

I'm going to create the FIRST Sinclair of Starfleet :D The clan patriarch!

What do you think? That'll create a nice sense of continuity between Enterprise and Daystrom, don't you think?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote: BTW....I've decided what I'm gonna do for my second character.......

I'm going to create the FIRST Sinclair of Starfleet :D The clan patriarch!

What do you think? That'll create a nice sense of continuity between Enterprise and Daystrom, don't you think?
I was going to suggest something like that actually. Kind of create our own mini-continuity :lol:
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:I have a suggestion regarding the command structure.

Let's forget the NPC Captain. There's little difference, as we use each others characters, as long as we play them appropriatly.

Make Federov the Captain, and Reliants Vulcan character the First Officer again.

That'll leave most the major slots open.
Reliant, is that acceptable to you?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Sounds good. If we need a second character, I'm going to go with the idea I posited a while back - like Mark, I'm going to make a distant ancestor of Captain W'trisk, a member of the Andorian Guard. Naturally, he'd only show up once in a while, when an allied ship would be around.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Do we want to add in a member of the Stiles family, just for the heckuvit? ;)
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'll bite....who is Captain Stiles?

And Mikey, what's the lifespan of an Andorian? Would it be W'Trisks dad, granddad, or great granddad?

My guess is Jordan Sinclair is like 8th generation starfleet, assuming that Sinclairs start having kids at around thirty.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:I'll bite....who is Captain Stiles?

And Mikey, what's the lifespan of an Andorian? Would it be W'Trisks dad, granddad, or great granddad?

My guess is Jordan Sinclair is like 8th generation starfleet, assuming that Sinclairs start having kids at around thirty.
From "Balance of Terror"
Captain James T. Kirk: After a whole century, what will a Romulan ship look like, Mr. Stiles? I doubt they'll radio and identify themselves.
Stiles: You'll know, sir, they're painted like a giant bird of prey.
Captain James T. Kirk: I had no idea that history was your specialty
Stiles: Family history. There was a Captain Stiles, in space service then, two commanders, several junior officers. All lost in that war, sir.
Captain James T. Kirk: Their war, Mr. Stiles. Not yours.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Lol. I always wondered.......is that the same Stiles that got his face scarred, carried that baton, and was the Captain of the Excelsior before she was commissioned?
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:Lol. I always wondered.......is that the same Stiles that got his face scarred, carried that baton, and was the Captain of the Excelsior before she was commissioned?
Not unless that officer got incredibly smug and arrogant in the intervening years.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Ok, STRICTLY SPEAKING here, we have almost every position available left on the ship. AFAIK, here is the character breakdown.

Captain: Filip Mikhailovich Federov (Sonic)
First Officer/Science Officer: T'Varaan (Reliant)
Chief Engineer: Harvey Fulton (Mikey)
MACO CO: Everett Nelson (Mark)

Helm: Open
Navagation: Open
*Armory Officer: Open
*Security Officer: Open
*Science Officer: Open
Communications Officer: Open
Medical Officer: Open

At what point are they going to split the "armory" officer into the ships weapons officer (ie Sulu or Chekov, whoevers on the trigger that week), and the Security Chief.

I'd say also, that just looking at the cast of characters and past precident, that we make Harvy (Mikey) the ships 2nd Officer

If nobody objects, I'll make Sinclair a junior command officer....i.e. Helm or Navagtor, or even Armory, depending on what we decide. I just figure, because the a line I wrote for Jordan way back when, he's already been in space a bit, serving under Archer for a while, so he'd be at least a Lieutenant, if not a Lieutenant Commander. Lt Cmdr only makes sense if he's a department head (ie the Security Officer, or something like that).

What do you guys think?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Here's my proposed timeline....

We know the Romulan War ran from 2156 to 2160. This puts the launch of the Buran in late 2155 or extremely early 2156, with her being detroyed inside one year, especially if we are going to agree the destruction of the Buran coincides with the start of the war.

The Daedalus class goes into production in 2158, which actually works for us, if we stop to consider that the foundation for the hull design and such were already laid. This gives those clever Starfleet Engineers two whole years to study, replicate, and incorporate the Orion tech we captured in 2156 into the design, having the Daedalus itself ready for launch in January 2158. This will justify the proposed stats for the new ship that I created in the other thread, as well as why Starfleet abandoned phase cannons in favor of lasers (Orions have high power lasers which are more powerful than what Starfleet is currently fielding is one reason)

I'd suggest that we take the second Daedalus class ship, which we still have to name.

I'm betting it was the launch of the Daedalus class that allowed Starfleet to catch its collective breath on go on the offensive.

So, if we stick with this, then we launch in 2158. This gives two years for our characters to grow "off screen". Sonic, you'll have to think of some halfway believable reason why Federov got promoted from Lt. to Capt. in 2 years. That's a hell of a rank jump. Reliant, we'll need you to come up with a reason why your character is still attached to a starfleet ship during a time of war for humans.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I can drop her if necessary, i dont mind.

Name wise, I think keeping the greek/roman pantheon thing is going good. Minerva, Apollo, Artemis etc. or one of those closely associated with them like Nemesis, Triton or Ganymede.