From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Short Circuit remake???

Post by Varthikes »

I stumbled across this recently. :(

I sincerely hope they don't do a remake. Short Circuit was just too good a movie to undergo such treatment.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

why can't people, just innovate and come up with something new?!
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I almost cried when I heard about the last remake I saw advertised - 3:10 to Yuma starring Christian Bale and (gasp) Russell Crowe!

I also really hated the idea of remaking Flight of the Phoenix a couple of years ago, replacing Jimmy Stewart with Dennis friggin' Quaid. But the one that really made me lose my lunch was Alfie. Aside from the fact that Jude Law =/////////////= Sir Michael Caine, how could anyone think that that film needed a rehash?!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Pretty much anything that's been remade has always been crap. I don't know why, though... :?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I smell a hoax. The only sources Google brings up for this are IMDB and references back to it. Check the links to the writers and actor, and the pages are blank. What's the release date, 1st April?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I've seen stuff for this on various sites across the web. On and off for the past year or two. I lost the sources after my computer had a crash a few months back, but I'm 85% certain it's real.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I hope it's not. I loved that movie.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Captain Seafort wrote:I smell a hoax. The only sources Google brings up for this are IMDB and references back to it. Check the links to the writers and actor, and the pages are blank. What's the release date, 1st April?
Well that and the release date being 08 and no director written down. Some movies take years of preproduction. It is fishy.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

If this is true it's odd that they are calling it 're-imagining' since imagination is the one thing that's completely lacking in this process.
email, ergo spam