Anyone who races?

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Anyone who races?

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm just curious, is there anyone who plays race games on any platform? By race, I mean the likes of Need For Speed, Forza 3 (my game of choice), The Project Gotham series....Anyone? I only really started playing Forza after years of NFS gaming and I'm addicted.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Anyone who races?

Post by stitch626 »

Yes. I got good enough at NFS: Porsche Unleashed (PC) that I can race with my eyes closed.

I'll play any racing from real world physics, cart style, LEGO, planes, boats... I think thats every option.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I've never been uber good, but I enjoy the opportunity to thrash anything at entirely illegal speeds on game
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

The only thing I have difficulty racing (besides a bad car) is a well designed motorcycle one.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Thats why I stick to the likes of Forza. Good cars, and no need to have much talent!
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Haha.

I got my start with LEGO Racers. Fun cart stuff.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I think mine was NFS Hot Pursuit 2, right after Porsche unleashed. Moving on to Crash bandicoot games :lol:
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

I used to rather like racing games, but then it seemed like far too many of them adapted rubber band physics. Few things make one call the computer a cheating bastard like running a pair of perfect laps, utterly smoking the opposition, and then making a single, tiny error midway through lap 3, and having half the pack suddenly blast by you at mach 4 as you lose speed for a mere 5 seconds.

However the Burnout series was fun, though less for the racing and more so for the amazing amount of damage you can cause with a single crash.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I always enjoyed the Gran Turismo games, even if the crashing and flipping physics were non-existent.

Oh, and running from cops in the later Grand Theft Auto games. Always a hoot. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Lighthawk wrote:I used to rather like racing games, but then it seemed like far too many of them adapted rubber band physics. Few things make one call the computer a cheating b*****d like running a pair of perfect laps, utterly smoking the opposition, and then making a single, tiny error midway through lap 3, and having half the pack suddenly blast by you at mach 4 as you lose speed for a mere 5 seconds.

However the Burnout series was fun, though less for the racing and more so for the amazing amount of damage you can cause with a single crash.
Main reason I like forza. It can be so easy, it even bloody brakes for you, or insanely realistic like tire wear and tire temperature.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Gran Turismo 4 for me, followed by NFSU, NFSU2, NFS Carbon, and Midnight Club: Dub Edition Remix.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Now I'm trying to remember the name of an old SNES racer. It was one of those scifi battle racing games, and took place across various planets. Some of the upgraded cars included tank treads and hover units, and there was announcer who took great glee in proclaiming someone's demise. He also announced the end results exactly the same way every time.

"X scores a first place knock out. Y Finishes a close 2nd, Z takes a weak 3rd. W is in another time zone!"
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Lighthawk wrote:Now I'm trying to remember the name of an old SNES racer. It was one of those scifi battle racing games, and took place across various planets. Some of the upgraded cars included tank treads and hover units, and there was announcer who took great glee in proclaiming someone's demise. He also announced the end results exactly the same way every time.

"X scores a first place knock out. Y Finishes a close 2nd, Z takes a weak 3rd. W is in another time zone!"
I believe that would be FZero.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

mwhittington wrote:
Lighthawk wrote:Now I'm trying to remember the name of an old SNES racer. It was one of those scifi battle racing games, and took place across various planets. Some of the upgraded cars included tank treads and hover units, and there was announcer who took great glee in proclaiming someone's demise. He also announced the end results exactly the same way every time.

I believe that would be FZero.
Nah, Fzero didn't have weapons, and all the cars hovered, not just the top end models.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Oh, yeah that's right.