Anybody heard about this?!

Everything else
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Well Lucas has said that they intend to try for movie level effects with each episode, so I expect great things from this show. There's also a plan for 400 episodes with four shows running together.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

mmmmmm....

*slobber, slobber*
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mikey wrote:Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing something set well before the PT, either... huge battalions of Mandalorian warriors... the original Sith... probably would require too large a scope for TV.
That would rock, too. Jedi at their prime, the Sith in full-force... The Republic at its height.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

As there is not much true quality in SF TV right now... I am definately open to a Star Wars tv show.

HOWEVER...

RIGHT NOW I will start accepting that the stuff in the tv show will counter the books and possibly even the movies as far as cannon information goes.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Jim wrote:As there is not much true quality in SF TV right now... I am definately open to a Star Wars tv show.
Not much quality? Have you seen nBSG at all?
RIGHT NOW I will start accepting that the stuff in the tv show will counter the books and possibly even the movies as far as cannon information goes.
Oh, this will counter the books all right - since it's being produced by Lucas it'll count as G-canon, overriding the books C-canon. The question of whether it will be placed equal to the films or whether it will be given its own slot between the films and the books.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Jim wrote:As there is not much true quality in SF TV right now... I am definately open to a Star Wars tv show.
Not much quality? Have you seen nBSG at all?
I said "not much", not "none" (but as BSG has been on hiatus for nearly a YEAR...). One or two hours a week does not a lot of quality make.

If I had my wish there would be one quality SF show on a night. Shove the "Dancing with the Stars" and "Survivor 53: Death Valley" and the can you sing this song crud, etc etc etc.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Amen, Jim.

Ahem! I mean I agree! I agree!

I think he was referring to network TV. Some of us here can't afford cable, and so have only seen the four awesome episodes of BSG the network aired. *cough*me*cough*
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Amen, Jim.

Ahem! I mean I agree! I agree!

I think he was referring to network TV. Some of us here can't afford cable, and so have only seen the four awesome episodes of BSG the network aired. *cough*me*cough*
I do have a dish, so I can see other stuff, but what is really out there?

Stargate Atlantis
Dr Who
Battlestar Galactica (when they feel like coming back, plus frankly it is becoming more a drama than sci-fi)
Push it to Eureka for humor...

New shows like Moonlight, Flash Gordon (blah) and Blood Ties have yet to find their footings.

Bionic Woman, Journeyman and Ghost Whisperer are boarderline scifi when you actually watch them, and they are not that great anyway.

Heros is just too damn slow to even care about anymore, it has been removed from my DVR queue. I think a 10 second blurb in the paper tells you all you need to know about 60 minutes of Heros.

Dresden Files is gone, Painkiller Jane is not good...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I miss Babylon 5 :cry:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I think he was referring to network TV. Some of us here can't afford cable, and so have only seen the four awesome episodes of BSG the network aired. *cough*me*cough*
I was reffering to nBSG specifically, of which I've only seen snipits thanks to the beeb not being too interested in sci-fi at the moment. :evil:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I know I'm about to be pilloried for this, but I found nBSG to get rather tedious.
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

*Stomach turns*
I admit, i agree, THOUGH ONLY IN PARTS NOT AS A WHOLE.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Captain Seafort wrote:

Oh, this will counter the books all right - since it's being produced by Lucas it'll count as G-canon, overriding the books C-canon. The question of whether it will be placed equal to the films or whether it will be given its own slot between the films and the books.
Ah, the SW canon hierarchy. One of the stickier wickets you'll find in sci-fidom. Man, that thing's a mess. Especially now since they're trying to make everything fit.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

And include an upcoming Lucas-produced TV show...
as Bull offed Custer
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Mikey wrote:I know I'm about to be pilloried for this, but I found nBSG to get rather tedious.
I agree. Thank god for the 30 second skip button on the DVR.