Utter shit
No votes

Total votes: 2
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

DW 31x08: The Hungry Earth

Post by Captain Seafort »

Starts at 1815 BST. I wish the Beeb would decide on a time and stick to it.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Re: DW 31x08: The Hungry Earth

Post by colmquinn »

Average for me, some good bits some just blah. Start of a 2 parter though so all good there.
I like the return of the silurians angle - dr wants to mediate a peaceful resolution between the reptiles and the apes - he's tried twice before and failed on both occasions so maybe 3rd time lucky
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I don't think the spoilerisation is necessary - if people don't want to be spoiled they shouldn't be reading the thread.

Regarding the peaceful resolution he more-or-less succeeded the first time. The fact that the Brig placed more trust in HE than the Doctor's assessment of the Silurians' word doesn't change that.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I quite liked it... always hard to judge a two parter when you haven't seen the second, but I thought this set things up quite nicely.

The redesign of the Silurians it well done... but no third eye? Or is there... I keep thinking there's a patch of skin in the right place that could open up like an eyelid...

Or maybe not, and this is yet another different species. The Silurians do seem to be quite a diverse bunch, and there's nothing wrong with that necessarily.

I wonder if the Doc will establish a peace, or will one side destroy the other...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm not too sure about this one. I really liked the first half of it, but the second half seemed a bit....meh. I'm not too sure I like the new Silurian design. It seems a bit too human.

I'll judge it properly once the second episode airs, but I'm giving this one a 3/5. Not bad, but not particularly good either.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Okay... just saw this one on BBC America-it's how I see the new Who. And... it's a bit cliche-ridden for me.