Megan Fox To Not Be In Transformers 3

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Megan Fox To Not Be In Transformers 3

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Paramount's parting ways with Megan Fox on "Transformers 3."

A studio spokeswoman disclosed Wednesday that Par's decided against picking up Fox's option to star as Mikaela Banes in the third installment but declined to elaborate.

Sources close to the production indicated that Par and director Michael Bay want to take the story line in another direction and plans to cast another actress as the love interest for star Shia LaBeouf, who plays Sam Witwicky. Those sources indicated that Fox's ouster was unrelated to a September interview with a British magazine in which Fox compared Bay with Adolf Hitler.

Bay's directing from a script by Ehren Kruger with the storyline kept under wraps. Working title is "Transformers 3" and shooting's expected to start this summer in a variety of U.S. locations.

Pic, produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce, is set to open July 1, 2011. Steven Spielberg is exec producing.

Patrick Dempsey, Frances McDormand, John Malkovich and Ken Jeong have signed on to the project. Thesps Kevin Dunn and Julie White will return in the roles of Ron Witwicky and Judy Witwicky.

"Transformers" is Paramount's most valuable franchise, particularly since the studio is the sole financier. The first "Transformers" grossed $709.7 million worldwide, followed by $836.4 million for last year's "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen."

Initially, Bay had wanted to take a longer break before lensing the three-quel, but ultimately decided to meet the studio's summer 2011 release date.

Fox will be seen next in Warner's supernatural Western "Jonah Hex" opposite Josh Brolin. "Hex" opens June 18.
Well this is certainly a nice start. Now how about we kick the Witwicky family out as well? Then we'll at least have a movie free from utterly intolerable characters.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Megan Fox To Not Be In Transformers 3

Post by Mikey »

Frances McDormand, John Malkovich
These two in and Fox out? This sounds promising.
Fox will be seen next in Warner's supernatural Western "Jonah Hex" opposite Josh Brolin. "Hex" opens June 18.
:bangwall: Why does she have to do these things?! A film version of Jonah Hex could have conceivably been the coolest comic-book movie ever*. Now, it features a semi-literate piece of cardboard eye candy.

* as long as they leave out the typical DC late-series crap about being transported to 2050, or revived from the dead as a Black Lantern.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Well shit. Watching her dry hump a motorcycle was the best part of 2. She's the kind of charcter I want in this movie, nice to look at, full stop.

Story wise, could that dipshit whitwiky do better than her?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Didn't Megan Fox call Bay all sorts of names a while back and say that working for him was like "working for Hitler"?

Bad career move honey...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Didn't Megan Fox call Bay all sorts of names a while back and say that working for him was like "working for Hitler"?

Bad career move honey...
the article above wrote:Those sources indicated that Fox's ouster was unrelated to a September interview with a British magazine in which Fox compared Bay with Adolf Hitler.
You know, you may be onto something, GK. :lol:
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I'm an old man, my article skimming skills are not what they once were...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Ken Jeong? What horrific stereotype will Michael Bay make out of this?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

I was sort of hoping to see Mikaela get killed off all together.

After all that's been happening, I kind of think that at least one of the main characters should get killed--for good.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Sheesh, am I the only person who didn't give a shit if she's a bitch or not?

Still, I am sort of happy to see her learn that regardless of how hot she is if she runs her stupid mouth off like that it can have serious implications on her career.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tyyr wrote:Sheesh, am I the only person who didn't give a s**t if she's a bitch or not?

Still, I am sort of happy to see her learn that regardless of how hot she is if she runs her stupid mouth off like that it can have serious implications on her career.
I don't care if she's a btich or not... I don't have to deal with her attitude. I don't like her in movies because she's awful.
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

:bangwall: :bangwall: this far into the series...

Okay, didn't care too much for Megan Fox. I like the character of Mikaela, though.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

She's not there to act......she's there to give us guy-geeks ANOTHER thing we love to drool over.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Eh, plenty of other hotties out there, I won't cry over the film losing her. Now if they can lose the college boy "humor" and all the leg humping, and work on giving the autobots a bit more character, it might become a good film.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Lighthawk wrote:Now if they can lose the college boy "humor" and all the leg humping
To lose that, they'd have to lose Michael Bay.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Nutso wrote:
Lighthawk wrote:Now if they can lose the college boy "humor" and all the leg humping
To lose that, they'd have to lose Michael Bay.
Whats wrong wi8th that? :wink:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.