Rogue Trader General Disscussion

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Rogue Trader?

Post by Aaron »

Tyyr wrote:If I remember my background correctly astropaths spend almost their entire time aboard the ships aloof and uninterested in anyone else. Seems like more of an NPC character than anything.

I'd be happy to take up the position of rogue trader but I don't know if anyone wants to serve under an amoral female trader one thin step from outright piracy.

As for Phebia, she didn't shoot the psyker in the face on principle when they first met. For a lot of SoBs that would be borderline heresy.
Well I have no issue with that, I'll PM you some plotish details if you want to go that route. My Missionary may be a Priest but he'll be a drunken, foul mouth prick whose more interested in cash and fame then spreading the good word.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Well I have no issue with that, I'll PM you some plotish details if you want to go that route. My Missionary may be a Priest but he'll be a drunken, foul mouth prick whose more interested in cash and fame then spreading the good word.
He's Irish Catholic?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Yes. :lol:

I'm trying to model him after what I think Ozzy would be like as a Priest.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Which is making me want to go RT just so Phebia isn't getting in the way of him going all out.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Sample of as far as I got this morning.

Name: Jon Ozbourne ("Ozzy")
Appearance: Tall, thin, long dark hair
Nature: Foul mouth, often drunk, habitually wears dark eye glasses, favours dark clothing

WS-41
BS-36
S-32
T-33
Ag-38
Int-38
Per-33
Wil-37
Fel-47

Wounds-6
Fate Points-2
Insanity Points-1

Origin Path:
Hive World
Child of the Creed
Zealot
Dark Voyage
Renown
Missionary

Skills: Speak Language (Hive Dialect)(Int)(Untrained), Tech-Use (Int)(Untrained), Accustomed to Crowds, Hivebound (-10 to Survival tests, -5 to Int tests "outside hab"), Wary (+1 to Initiative), Common Lore (Imperial Creed, Imperium)(Int), Forbidden Lore (Heresy)(Int), Medicae (Int), Scholastic Lore(Imperial Creed)(Int), Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic)(Int)

Talents: Child of the Creed (Unshakable Faith, +3 Willpower, -3 to WS), Blessed Scars (+10 to Intimidate Tests, -10 to Charm tests, 1 poor quality bionic), Resistance (Fear), Air of Authority, Basic Weapons Training (Universal), Melee Weapons Training (Universal), Pure Faith

Gear: Good-craftsmanship chainsword, good craftsmanship flamer, best craftsmanship guard flak armour, Ecclesiastical robes, aquila pendent, sepulchre, censor and incense, microbead.
Done now up till xp purchases and deciding what bionic.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Cpl Kendall wrote:Sample of as far as I got this morning.

Name: Jon Ozbourne ("Ozzy")
Appearance: Tall, thin, long dark hair
Nature: Foul mouth, often drunk, habitually wears dark eye glasses, favours dark clothing

WS-41
BS-36
S-32
T-33
Ag-38
Int-38
Per-33
Wil-37
Fel-47

Wounds-6
Fate Points-2
Insanity Points-1

Origin Path:
Hive World
Child of the Creed
Zealot
Dark Voyage
Renown
Missionary

Skills: Speak Language (Hive Dialect)(Int)(Untrained), Tech-Use (Int)(Untrained), Accustomed to Crowds, Hivebound (-10 to Survival tests, -5 to Int tests "outside hab"), Wary (+1 to Initiative), Common Lore (Imperial Creed, Imperium)(Int), Forbidden Lore (Heresy)(Int), Medicae (Int), Scholastic Lore(Imperial Creed)(Int), Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic)(Int)

Talents: Child of the Creed (Unshakable Faith, +3 Willpower, -3 to WS), Blessed Scars (+10 to Intimidate Tests, -10 to Charm tests, 1 poor quality bionic), Resistance (Fear), Air of Authority, Basic Weapons Training (Universal), Melee Weapons Training (Universal), Pure Faith

Gear: Good-craftsmanship chainsword, good craftsmanship flamer, best craftsmanship guard flak armour, Ecclesiastical robes, aquila pendent, sepulchre, censor and incense, microbead.

Starting XP: 500
XP Purchases:

-Upgrade bionic right arm to "good quality" (+10 on Ag tests requiring delicate manipulation, +10 St tests with arm)-300
-Awareness -100
-Literacy -100
Now from here anyone can have any number of items of COMMON or below and feel free to pick one from RARE and below. Keep in mind that when you aquire a weapon, you acquire the support for it. Which means no hoarding or worrying about ammo. You can take whatever amount with you on a mission and when you return it will be restocked.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Didn't read that far - would this change if someone gets a plus or minus to the party's wealth factor?
Not that I can see, if you pass the check to get "whatever" it always counts as aquiring the support.
Tyyr wrote:
They seem to have added a bit for playability - RT astropaths (astropath transcendent) look like they function as both ship's astropath plus party's psyker to a degree. Again, that's probably a "should have" rather than a "must have." If we don't get one, we can just assume that ther's a normal, fluff-type astropath aboard for comms purposes.
Yeah, it's a bit of a throwback to the older fluff.
Tyyr wrote: I could do it if you want to play Phebia. And as to amoral, you'd at list have to have some dummy reason why the Ecclesiarchy sent a priest along, even if he is a poor excuse for one. ;)
Even the crew of a Rogue needs some spiritual counselling, it's not their fault that said counselling consists of "steal their beer".

Ayatani Zweil, anyone? :lol:
Wasn't he in Double Eagle as well?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

COCK! I've done it again!
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Seriously, stop doing that.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I have to attach a note to my monitor or something.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Is there a restore option in the control panell?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Not that I know of.

Zweil might have been in Double Eagle. I know there are one or two characters that crossed over from the Ghosts series, and he may be one of them.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hey, all. Just noticed this thread. Am I too late to hop on board?
Mikey wrote:Not that I know of.

Zweil might have been in Double Eagle. I know there are one or two characters that crossed over from the Ghosts series, and he may be one of them.
Zweil wasn't in Double Eagle, though someone who was almost certianly his long-lost brother did. :)
Cpl Kendall wrote:My Missionary may be a Priest but he'll be a drunken, foul mouth prick whose more interested in cash and fame then spreading the good word.
So he's a combination of Father Jack and Father Ted? :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

If theres any possiblity of transferring my current character, I'm all for it. I don't really have much time to do all the maths and counting and laborious Bio creating at the moment.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

No, no welcome aboard. We're just in the planning/work everything out stage ATM.