We have a sister site?

bob
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

We have a sister site?

Post by bob »

http://www.ditl.com/
Ok, what I'm really wondering about this site... What's with the weird picture? :confused:
Anonymous lol
"Quantum" it'll make ya do things unexpectedly
Don't read this. Believe me, it's better for your health.
There! :p
hahahahahaha!
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Re: We have a sister site?

Post by Lighthawk »

bob wrote:http://www.ditl.com/
Ok, what I'm really wondering about this site... What's with the weird picture? :confused:
Just looks like someone else using the name, only their .com, we're .org. The picture is odd though
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

That picture on the main page looks like a Museum in DC that I used to pass in the mornings. I can't remember the name of it though.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Deepcrush wrote:That picture on the main page looks like a Museum in DC that I used to pass in the mornings. I can't remember the name of it though.
Isn't that building associated with the Smithsonian or something?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Isn't that Cambridge University?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

A brief glance through the site makes it look like some sort of search engine, intended to nab people searching for DITL.org but who got the name wrong.

I've seen similar sites pop up before, mostly when the site whose name they steal has dissappeared from the web. What's the deal with them?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I tend to see this when sites that used to exist have been shut down, either for their content or they simply weren't maintained by the administrator.